Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spooky moving-curtain video goes viral

Eldorado

A TikTok user who goes by the name Anna Banana posted a video earlier this week that appeared to show someone -- or something -- moving a curtain in front of an open sliding glass door behind her.

The video begins with the woman sitting in front of the camera, holding up a lime-flavored White Claw.

She starts to say: “So for today’s drink,” but before she finishes her thought, she sees the curtain moving behind her.

Video at Fox news: Link

At TikTok: Link

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jethrofloyd said:

Well, if swiming duck can be the Loch Ness monster, then why not...? :D

If the bar keeps being lowered it's going to be underground soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OK, uncle... I give up. 

There must be another reason these things go viral. We just wanna entertain ourselves, right? I mean, people aren't this easily fooled, yes? It can't be because people are just that dim. I refuse to believe that, even though that's the most likely answer after hearing the **** that comes out of people's mouths, sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So a gust of wind is now a ghost? I think the most horrifying part is that I actually went to tiktok.

Pg meter 80% likely paranormal 20% likely other worldly.

• Haha 2

That definitely wasn’t wind it wouldn’t have moved that way. It’s either a hoax or a mystery. If this is unedited, and a hoax, it’s a good one. 

You would have most likely seen if it was a person. She got over there pretty fast. You can’t see anyone on either side of the curtain. I didn’t read the article. Is there a back story?

its not wind.

you can see the person crawl away when she runs towards the curtain

watch the bottom of the curtain and then see the moving person crawling from left to right (from our view)

5 minutes ago, quillius said:

its not wind.

watch the bottom of the curtain and then see the moving person crawling from left to right (from our view)

I’ll have to check it out on my computer monitor, but on my phone I can’t see anyone crawling away. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I’ll have to check it out on my computer monitor, but on my phone I can’t see anyone crawling away. 

no worries, im 100%. You can see the body and legs crawling....in the gap to the left of sofa. Then at the top of the sofa you also catch a glimpse of the top of the body/back as they finish their journey off stage :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quillius said:

its not wind.

You can indeed see something walk off to the right, looks like an orange cat. She sees it after freaking out and just closes the door. If the video was longer she probably would have said as much, but what fun is that? Can't have mundane explanations ruining your "ghost" videos.

So cat/other animal batting/jumping at the drapes. Nothing paranormal, no hoax or mystery here.

Edited by moonman

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

You can indeed see something walk off to the right - looks like a cat. She sees it after freaking out and just closes the door. If the video was longer she probably would have said as much.

So cat/other animal batting at the drapes. Nothing paranormal, complete waste of time.

im quite convinced its a person all fours crawling away

the speed matches a crawl rather than a cat running away....plus it looks like orange/brown tshirt

maybe someone with good IT skills can slow it down or take images

3 minutes ago, quillius said:

im quite convinced its a person all fours crawling away

the speed matches a crawl rather than a cat running away....plus it looks like orange/brown tshirt

maybe someone with good IT skills can slow it down or take images

Whatever it is, it's a physical thing and she stares right at it the whole time. Nothing spooky to see here.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

These attention seekers on TikTok love themselves way too much to be on the edge of the shot, unless there's a good reason for the camera to be pointing elsewhere. (such as... to video a 'paranormal incident')

Anna Banana: Scammer. :yes:

Edited by acute
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, acute said:

These attention seekers on TikTok love themselves way too much to be on the edge of the shot, unless there's a good reason for the camera to be pointing elsewhere. (such as... to video a 'paranormal incident')

Anna Banana: Scammer. :yes:

Yeah, there's absolutely no reason to frame the shot that way unless you want to show exactly where the 'paranormal activity' is. I also know that social media people will do almost anything for likes/clicks/subs...Especially something easy like this stunt. It's also Halloween season and White Claw is terrible.

I didn't see anyone crawling away as was mentioned above, but my monitor isn't jacked for contrast/brightness and I don't care enough to watch repeatedly and tweak my settings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

I also know that social media people will do almost anything for likes/clicks/subs.

Pretty much the reason I don't trust the validity of any video I see. 

• Like 1

Cat. A lot of cats love to climb up curtains, and this one fell down it just as she was recording. It then ran off when she ran towards the curtain (you can see its tail exit stage right) and then she literally looks at it and realises what it is and shuts the door to stop it coming in (likely wasn't her cat, so freaked her out or p***ed her off and she chased it off) and then reviewed the video to see how funny it was, saw that it actually looked more freaky without being able to see the cat and decided to use it, with some spooky music effects over it to give it even more viralness. And it worked, and she followed it up by doing a POV from the Ghosts perspective to get even more views, likes and followers. 

She probably needed it too.... she is not going to get a lot of people finding her by searching her username with that whole "is it 5 A's in bananaaaaaa or 6?"

• Like 2

The curtain moving from a cat isnt spooky but the lady in the video scared me.

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2020 at 3:17 PM, Eldorado said:

A TikTok user who goes by the name Anna Banana posted a video earlier this week that appeared to show someone -- or something -- moving a curtain in front of an open sliding glass door behind her.

The video begins with the woman sitting in front of the camera, holding up a lime-flavored White Claw.

She starts to say: “So for today’s drink,” but before she finishes her thought, she sees the curtain moving behind her.

Video at Fox news: Link

At TikTok: Link

That seems.... rather staged. If only we could get another perspective on this.... Oh, wait!! We have ghost perspective!!

https://www.tiktok.com/@anna_banannaaaaa/video/6875535659273112838?referer_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2F&referer_video_id=6874765756932836613

:tsu:

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, quillius said:

its not wind.

Yep, you are right. You can clearly see them crawl away.

• Like 1