Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spooky moving-curtain video goes viral

Eldorado

7 minutes ago, rashore said:

That seems.... rather staged. If only we could get another perspective on this.... Oh, wait!! We have ghost perspective!!

https://www.tiktok.com/@anna_banannaaaaa/video/6875535659273112838?referer_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2F&referer_video_id=6874765756932836613

:tsu:

Ahahahaha!!! Gotta love it. A very corporeal specter that was.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Ahahahaha!!! Gotta love it. A very corporeal specter that was.

Yeah- everyone here was too busy speculating to do a little research. I wondered why she didn't have a screen door on, and went and looked up her feed. If she had other video it was there it would help support the notion it's staged. And dang if the explanation was right there. 

I wasn't expecting that. Darned delightful :)

In my defense I thought it was fake and I will honestly admit to not caring enough to do research. Seen to many videos like that over the years. I trust none of them. 

• Haha 1

I don't trust them either, that's why I question them. Sometimes even a little bit of looking can answer a lot of otherwise pointless speculation and/or arguments. 

A part of the point of having UM's here is supposed to be trying to question them or try to solve them. That whole "where's your proof" thing. It should apply to the mundane explanations as much as the paranormal ones. The folks of the belief that it's spooky are often held up to "where's the proof", the folks of the belief that there is something mundane should have just as much diligence and able to provide backup to their theories. 

Anywho, back to topic. This is a goodly and clear case of a hoax and also how it was done. Pretty sure we can all call this particular UM explained :tu:

15 minutes ago, rashore said:

A part of the point of having UM's here is supposed to be trying to question them or try to solve them. That whole "where's your proof" thing. It should apply to the mundane explanations as much as the paranormal ones. The folks of the belief that it's spooky are often held up to "where's the proof", the folks of the belief that there is something mundane should have just as much diligence and able to provide backup to their theories. 

Most of the time it's the skeptic who back their point of view. Believers rarely do. They typically come in with the quality and quantity of anecdotal evidence, blah, blah, blah. Then when asked to explain their point of view it is always some esoteric jargon from a known fraudulent source. There is rarely support from their side. 

The worst part is when you have people who know the subject or something about the subject that they dismiss. All because it doesn't conform to their reality tunnel. 

Ouija boards have been shown to be the ideomotor effect. Nothing demonic, satanic, lovecraftian about them except the psyches of those who use them. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

You underestimate the power of the board game, that top hat from monopoly the lead pipe from clue are direct conduits to the demonic realms, and if you get the pay income tax card in Life, forget it.

32 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Most of the time it's the skeptic who back their point of view. Believers rarely do. They typically come in with the quality and quantity of anecdotal evidence, blah, blah, blah. Then when asked to explain their point of view it is always some esoteric jargon from a known fraudulent source. There is rarely support from their side. 

The worst part is when you have people who know the subject or something about the subject that they dismiss. All because it doesn't conform to their reality tunnel. 

Ouija boards have been shown to be the ideomotor effect. Nothing demonic, satanic, lovecraftian about them except the psyches of those who use them. 

Yes and no... Often enough skeptics rest on their laurels enough that they only believe their theories.. and don't question it any more than believers in spooky. Don't care, or bother to post up the actual research or data or proof any more or less than some folks that believe in spooky... 

And ugh, don't be careless lazy butt- I know you got good discussion about the OP- like ideomoter effect. Throw out some stats. 

30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Let's be honest those things are only a danger to those with mental health issues.

Nope. Not just or only mental health issues. A lot of folks don't know any better or are otherwise sort of innocent of weird and explanations too. 

Back to the OP... again. I don't think the gal that posted the original vid that got picked up by the media was mentally unwell. Or anyone else for reporting it around the spooky forums or trying/looking for explanations. Just a fun hoax this time IMO.

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You underestimate the power of the board game, that top hat from monopoly the lead pipe from clue are direct conduits to the demonic realms, and if you get the pay income tax card in Life, forget it.

Did you mean to post this comment elsewhere?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Let's be honest those things are only a danger to those with mental health issues.

Yeah, I posted this in the wrong thread.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rashore said:

Yes and no... Often enough skeptics rest on their laurels enough that they only believe their theories.. and don't question it any more than believers in spooky. Don't care, or bother to post up the actual research or data or proof any more or less than some folks that believe in spooky... 

And ugh, don't be careless lazy butt- I know you got good discussion about the OP- like ideomoter effect. Throw out some stats. 

So every time I post an opinion I need to make a very long list of well supported reason having it? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rashore said:

Did you mean to post this comment elsewhere?

I was responding to xenos remark about Ouija boards, so if he posted his remark in the wrong thread i posted my reply to it in the wrong thread too, but i found his remarks fit the ongoing discussion.

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I don't trust them either, that's why I question them. Sometimes even a little bit of looking can answer a lot of otherwise pointless speculation and/or arguments. 

Anywho, back to topic. This is a goodly and clear case of a hoax and also how it was done. Pretty sure we can all call this particular UM explained :tu:

I ask where's the proof the evidence when a person is trying to "sell" a claim something is paranormal, otherwordly ,  cryptic etc, because and this is just my nsho if a person wants me to believe their story i need them to provide me more than just a story, 

If they believe their story i dont need to waste time trying to prove them mistaken, and sure some folks fall for hoaxes or there experence is prosaic but not of their understanding,

In this case i was sold it wasnt paranormal so sure i was "lazy" in that i didnt care enough to take the extra step to prove what i already knew.

Im really not trying to prove or disprove anything to others just to myself, i respect some might see me as lazy or have higher standards than i do.

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So every time I post an opinion I need to make a very long list of well supported reason having it? 

Don't need to be a long list... but yeah, with how much and how often you go after others for their spooky opinions, you should put your money where your mouth is and do the same. If you aren't willing to back up your opinions, don't go after others for theirs. 

I see this on the regular in threads. Folks (not just you) bust the chops of folks that believe in the spooky, but too careless, lazy, and so on to bother backing themselves up. Not even bothering to question enough to be a skeptic anymore... but caring enough to go after someone with a different opinion than their own. It's a bit of a double standard. 

But this conversation is really getting on with some derailing, and more about discussing members rather than the topic matter. I'm not going to continue on with this now. Back to the topic matter. Not much left to discuss about it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

Don't need to be a long list... but yeah, with how much and how often you go after others for their spooky opinions, you should put your money where your mouth is and do the same. If you aren't willing to back up your opinions, don't go after others for theirs. 

I see this on the regular in threads. Folks (not just you) bust the chops of folks that believe in the spooky, but too careless, lazy, and so on to bother backing themselves up. Not even bothering to question enough to be a skeptic anymore... but caring enough to go after someone with a different opinion than their own. It's a bit of a double standard. 

But this conversation is really getting on with some derailing, and more about discussing members rather than the topic matter. I'm not going to continue on with this now. Back to the topic matter. Not much left to discuss about it. 

Well you've opened a can of worms. Because if you're demanding I put validity to my opinion, then the same should apply to the believers as well. 

It now become a "put up or shut up" situation. Just saying.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Well you've opened a can of worms. Because if you're demanding I put validity to my opinion, then the same should apply to the believers as well. 

Nope, not a shut up situation. Not making any demands either. You can put your worms back in your can. But if you want to start putting up more, I'm not one to stop you. 

Not really anything more to put up on this topic though. 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

So the burden of proof should be 50/50?

• 3 months later...

In case nobody has already said this, there's a guy crawling away towards the right at the moment she runs towards the curtain. You can see him/her on the ground through the window.