Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Autochthon1990

Trump Tax Evasion

140 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Raptor Witness

Uh .... your headline is incorrect for starters. It’s not “evasion,” which is very different, but

“TAX AVOIDANCE”

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
23 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/27/politics/trump-income-taxes-new-york-times-report/index.html

Already knowing the answer, will this finally be enough to get you trumpists to admit you've been conned?

you are missing the real point this isnt like trump demanding obamas lol birth certificate and getting it, no, this is about trump hiding something, we dont know what and i dont care but hiding something is the only reason not to release his taxes, so cut him s8me slack, for example is paying hush money to sex trade workers tax exempt?

Sure and ill get to the irony, his worshippers will stumble all over themselves to make useless excuses for him not showing his taxes, it goes deeper.

Its a kin to the alleged draft dodging bone spurs, some other guy had to fight perhaps was hurt or died fighting in trumps place,

And his worshippers havent grasped that if they paid their taxes and not saying they did but if so they did far more than trump.

Im amazes a large group of his supporters are hard working tax paying folks you would think they would be cross trump doesnt pay, remember in 2016 he boasted to the effect he uses every bad tax break to his advantage his worshippers brayed in delighted support, not dawning on them, they pay and he doesnt, and hes not opening up marlago to them any time soon either.

Nope, trump isnt capone and he can and does do as he pleases and will never get in any hot water, he walks between rain drops.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Well, it's either one of two things.

1) Trump takes advantages of tax loopholes that billionaires seem to get to pay no taxes.  Selfishly smart- but not patriotic and certainly not presidential.

2) Trump is so bad at business that he has lost money for 15 out of the last 20 years. (Losing money owning a casino bad.) 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Tax loopholes and tax shelters are laws written by politicians. All of them. They all use them and have for years. No one is saying evasion or fraud.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Tax loopholes and tax shelters are laws written by politicians. All of them. They all use them and have for years. No one is saying evasion or fraud.

Now, now.  Let's not automatically jump to the conclusion that Trump is someone that would abuse the American system for personal gain.  He could just be a bad businessman and lost money all those years.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990

I just wish I knew why people hated Liberals enough that riding with a con man is seen as not only acceptable, but ethical if it makes democrats squirm.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Now, now.  Let's not automatically jump to the conclusion that Trump is someone that would abuse the American system for personal gain.  He could just be a bad businessman and lost money all those years.

All politicians write the loopholes and tax shelters they put their own assets into and pass them. I sure don't write the laws. Do you? Trump may have lost money but since 2016, he can't run his businesses. That's why his family is doing that. He gives his Presidential salary to charity. That in itself is a tax break. You can deduct charitable donations from your taxes.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
4 minutes ago, susieice said:

All politicians write the loopholes and tax shelters they put their own assets into and pass them. I sure don't write the laws. Do you? Trump may have lost money but since 2016, he can't run his businesses. That's why his family is doing that. He gives his Presidential salary to charity. That in itself is a tax break. You can deduct charitable donations from your taxes.

Using political power to benefit oneself is corruption.  Surely you aren't claiming Trump is corrupt?  As for his presidential years.  Aren't those the two years that he actually did pay taxes?  (About $750$ if I remember right).

We should just give him the benefit of the doubt for now and say he legitimately lost money every year until more evidence is forthcoming.  I don't know why you are so eager to jump to the explanation that makes him seem corrupt, selfish and deliberately screwing over the average American.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Using political power to benefit oneself is corruption.  Surely you aren't claiming Trump is corrupt?  As for his presidential years.  Aren't those the two years that he actually did pay taxes?  (About $750$ if I remember right).

We should just give him the benefit of the doubt for now and say he legitimately lost money every year until more evidence is forthcoming.  I don't know why you are so eager to jump to the explanation that makes him seem corrupt, selfish and deliberately screwing over the average American.

All politicians write the tax laws and use them. Pelosi and Biden use them too. They are written for the wealthy, not us. Unless you have a really good accountant. No one is claiming Trump committed evasion or fraud. If that's what it was, we'd be hearing it. Agnew was forced to resign for tax evasion.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

I don`t know why the demos want to raised the taxes on rich, when the rich are the ones that pay the poor.  Trump is a good robin hood  

When it comes to saving the earth, increasing temperature is not a problem. Increasing taxes, however, is a problem.  Fortunately, President Trump knows right from wrong — just like Robin Hood did. Contrary to a common myth, Robin Hood did not steal from the rich and give to the poor. He instead rescued excessive tax revenues from the government and gave it back to the people – like Trump. :):):)

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/09/23/president-trump-a-true-robin-hood/

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I don`t know why the demos want to raised the taxes on rich, when the rich are the ones that pay the poor.  Trump is a good robin hood  

When it comes to saving the earth, increasing temperature is not a problem. Increasing taxes, however, is a problem.  Fortunately, President Trump knows right from wrong — just like Robin Hood did. Contrary to a common myth, Robin Hood did not steal from the rich and give to the poor. He instead rescued excessive tax revenues from the government and gave it back to the people – like Trump. 

https://www.villages-news.com/2020/09/23/president-trump-a-true-robin-hood/

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fractal_wrongness

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

Okay, the more I read about this the more I am amused: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/18-revelations-from-a-trove-of-trump-tax-records/ar-BB19tLgH?li=BBnb7Kz

Hiring your daughter as a consultant and then deducting the cost as a business expense.  Having your residence at your business and deducting everything as a business expense.

"His residences are part of the family business, as are the golf courses where he spends so much time. He has classified the cost of his aircraft, used to shuttle him among his homes, as a business expense as well. Haircuts — including more than $70,000 to style his hair during “The Apprentice” — have fallen into the same category. So did almost $100,000 paid to a favorite hair and makeup artist of Ivanka Trump.

All of this helps to reduce Mr. Trump’s tax bill further, because companies can write off business expenses."

The $70,000 haircuts deducted as a business expense is one we should all be doing. (Done by a family member of course for us plebs- We want to lower our taxes not lose the money.)

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
4 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Thanks to President Trump, today’s citizens are exuberant over their new found economic power, greater freedoms, and improved opportunities to achieve the American dream.  On election day 2020, vast numbers of this land’s hard working citizens will emerge from Sherwood Forest and surrounding villages, and will once again use the ballot box to fight back the dark forces of tyranny — like socialism, communism, fascism,

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

A lot of people I know write off things as business expenses. Even cruises and dinners. A lot of people have business expense accounts If you run a business, put the office in your residence. A lot of these loopholes are available to regular people. You just need a good accountant that knows the laws well.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
40 minutes ago, susieice said:

Tax loopholes and tax shelters are laws written by politicians. All of them. They all use them and have for years. No one is saying evasion or fraud.

clearly the left is saying it without any evidence,    using loopholes, deductions, is not illegal.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
1 minute ago, aztek said:

clearly the left is saying it without any evidence,    using loopholes, deductions, is not illegal.

It is /incredibly/ shady the way he's doing it, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, no wonder he doesn't want his taxes out. And if I was a salt of the earth type finding out my hero who'd been claiming to fight for the little guy was milking all he could out of this country and not giving anything back, I'd be p***ed.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Thanks to President Trump, today’s citizens are exuberant over their new found economic power, greater freedoms, and improved opportunities to achieve the American dream.  On election day 2020, vast numbers of this land’s hard working citizens will emerge from Sherwood Forest and surrounding villages, and will once again use the ballot box to fight back the dark forces of tyranny — like socialism, communism, fascism,

Do...you seriously believe that? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
6 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

It is /incredibly/ shady the way he's doing it, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, no wonder he doesn't want his taxes out. And if I was a salt of the earth type finding out my hero who'd been claiming to fight for the little guy was milking all he could out of this country and not giving anything back, I'd be p***ed.

He isn't doing anything the rest of them aren't doing.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
Just now, susieice said:

He isn't doing anything the rest of them aren't doing.

I wouldn't want any of the rest of them in office either. Frankly the amount of awful behavior the right is willing to ignore is...abhorrent and disgusting. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2
4 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Do...you seriously believe that? 

yep the best president we will ever have in the democrats :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
Just now, Autochthon1990 said:

I wouldn't want any of the rest of them in office either. Frankly the amount of awful behavior the right is willing to ignore is...abhorrent and disgusting. Tax dodging, walking in on naked teenagers, extorting foreign countries for election help...Is the hatred you people have for democrats so great you'll make a devils deal just to make us squirm?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990
Just now, docyabut2 said:

yep the best president we will ever have in the democrats :) 

I...See...Would any evidence to the contrary do anything to convince you otherwise? What's the bar we're looking at here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 minute ago, susieice said:

He isn't doing anything the rest of them aren't doing.

Well, that's not quite true.

" In 2017, the average federal income rate for the highest-earning .001 percent of tax filers — that is, the most affluent 1/100,000th slice of the population — was 24.1 percent, according to the I.R.S.

Over the past two decades, Mr. Trump has paid about $400 million less in combined federal income taxes than a very wealthy person who paid the average for that group each year."

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, Autochthon1990 said:

I wouldn't want any of the rest of them in office either. Frankly the amount of awful behavior the right is willing to ignore is...abhorrent and disgusting. 

If you think Pelosi and Biden and the rest of them aren't using the tax loopholes, the only one who is ignorant is you. There's people in your hometown that use them.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.