Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prayer march draws thousands to Washington

docyabut2

Prayer march draws thousands to the Mall seeking healing for the nation

Thousands of Christians gathered on the Mall in Washington on Saturday, waving U.S. flags, kneeling in small prayer circles alongside monuments, singing and listening to speakers who called on the nation to come together and heal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/prayer-march-national-mall/2020/09/26/e401f184-002f-11eb-b555-4d71a9254f4b_story.html

it reminds of the movie I saw of Christians being killed in Rome by lions in their demococy .( democrats)?  but they kept on singing. ")  

https://theconversation.com/mythbusting-ancient-rome-throwing-christians-to-the-lions-67365#:~:text=By the end of the 19th century%2C the,persecution and the subject of many famous paintings.

Rome contributed to democracy by creating a government where the people ruled

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Thousands of Christians gathered on the Mall in Washington on Saturday, waving U.S. flags, kneeling in small prayer circles alongside monuments, singing and listening to speakers who called on the nation to come together and heal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/prayer-march-national-mall/2020/09/26/e401f184-002f-11eb-b555-4d71a9254f4b_story.html

it reminds of the movie I saw of Christians being killed in Rome by lions in their demococy .( democrats)?  but they kept on singing. ")  

https://theconversation.com/mythbusting-ancient-rome-throwing-christians-to-the-lions-67365#:~:text=By the end of the 19th century%2C the,persecution and the subject of many famous paintings.

Rome was ruled by a dictator heck lil boots was a bigger psychopath than tweety

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Rome was ruled by a dictator heck lil boots was a bigger psychopath than tweety

That is only correct if you look at the Roman empire and not the Roman republic as the Roman republic was lead by two consuls who were elected by the comitia centuriata.  The consuls then only stayed in office for one year and were only able to rule if they both agreed as one consul could veto the other consul in everything.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That is only correct if you look at the Roman empire and not the Roman republic as the Roman republic was lead by two consuls who were elected by the comitia centuriata.  The consuls then only stayed in office for one year and were only able to rule if they both agreed as one consul could veto the other consul in everything.

Yeah, tell lil boot that.

43 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Straight roads.

If all roads led to Rome, then Roman roads have to be circular.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Ahh yes, the senate. The elite electing the elite. Such democracy.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Prayer march draws thousands to Washington
9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Ahh yes, the senate. The elite electing the elite. Such democracy.

Actually it was.  Only the elite had the money to run things.  And wealth gave a person the experience to 'balance the books'.  The Doges of Venice were usually one of the elite merchants.  It was their responsibility to see to it that operating costs were made for the city.  If there was a shortfall, it was the Doge that was responsible in covering it from his own pockets.  If they couldn't then, they'd be blinded and exiled among other things.  Not too many failed in over a thousand years.

• Like 1

I hope they aren't in D.C thinking Trump is some kind of messiah. Some evangelicals thought he was fulfilling the prophesy of Cyrus, both most have seen him for what he is. Honestly think about how much of these scriptures apply to Trump. Be honest. And these do seem like perilous times do they not?

2Timothy  3:1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 
2Timothy  3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 
2Timothy  3:3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 
2Timothy  3:4  Traitors, heady, high minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The Greeks were credited with creating the idea of democracy, but for them it only applied to land owners and the elite.  They had no concept of democracy for everyone as they also had slaves.  Rome was an empire with an emperor, not a democracy.  Romans created the current christian religion, though so maybe that is why you confused them.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

And are confused about who the comita centuriata was?  It wasn't "the people".

• Like 1

From the OP link, quoting Franklin Graham:

There are those that would like to tear this nation apart, to keep a conservative justice off the bench. The president said he was going to appoint conservatives,” Graham said. “He’s keeping his word; he’s kept his promise. We now need to just pray that God would watch over and protect him.”

The Graham family sadly has a thorough history of cozying up to vile Presidents. His late father, Billy Graham, told president Nixon on the secret White House tapes that he would like to “slash the throats of Nixon’s political enemies.”

Franklin Graham is a classic case of the blind leading the blind. A shepherd, happily leading his flock into the Lake of Fire. In fact, he wades into the Lake of Fire, and coaxes his followers, saying, “see, it’s not dangerous.”

Raptor Witness
   On 12/26/2019 at 12:06 AM, Farmer77 said: 

Franklin Graham should have learned a lesson from his father’s statement, when another undeniable crook, Nixon resigned in disgrace.

When speaking in support of Nixon, on the now infamous secret tapes, against the free press, The Reverend Billy Graham stated, “I felt like slashing their throats.”

At the 1:30 minute mark ...

If I stand as a witness against the false Church, Mr. Graham, it will be as if far more than the gates of Hell have prevailed. It will be the East wind blowing the chaff.

Trump, like Snowden was a human plaga, sent to destroy .... acknowledged by lost souls, as anything more.

The whole world will be a better place when people put down this nonsense and actually start helping people instead of wishing a magic genie will do it for them.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The Greeks were credited with creating the idea of democracy, but for them it only applied to land owners and the elite.  They had no concept of democracy for everyone as they also had slaves.  Rome was an empire with an emperor, not a democracy.  Romans created the current christian religion, though so maybe that is why you confused them.

It would make sense to destroy the Coliseum.   Also the Pantheon.   Aren't preserving and honoring slave owners?

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

It would make sense to destroy the Coliseum.   Also the Pantheon.   Aren't preserving and honoring slave owners?

Whether they were built by slaves or not, I don't think destroying historical buildings is a good idea.  It is very different than removing modern statues of reprobates like Onate or Custer. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

Slaves of that time were not slaves because of their race AND once they were freed they were free. Nice try.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

And are confused about who the comita centuriata was?  It wasn't "the people".

That also depends on what time period of the Roman republic you are talking about.  After 318 BC consuls no longer picked who were senators as that power went to the censor.  Also the censor was required to pick any newly elected magistrate as a senator and plebeians were capable of becoming magistrates.

Also in around 368 BC the Lex Licinia Sextia had two of its three laws passed, the third law was passed later and it required one of the two consuls to of been a plebeian if I remember correctly 

Edited by DarkHunter

12 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

The whole world will be a better place when people put down this nonsense and actually start helping people instead of wishing a magic genie will do it for them.

A reasonable argument.

I’ve often wondered what we would be like without faith in a Higher Power.

The problem is, our ability to cause mass extinction may require an intervention.

Even more perplexing is the early forecast, around two thousand years ago that just such a technology would appear. My arguments in early 2011 here would be underlined in more than “genie”-like fashion. It wasn’t “magic” that caused the seas to rise at Fukushima, it was something more profound.

HBOMax has a new series called “Raised by Wolves.”  You should check it out.

Edited by Raptor Witness

11 hours ago, odas said:

Slaves of that time were not slaves because of their race AND once they were freed they were free. Nice try.

There were also laws punishing slave owners for mistreating slaves and term limits for slavery.

15 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Whether they were built by slaves or not, I don't think destroying historical buildings is a good idea.  It is very different than removing modern statues of reprobates like Onate or Custer. 

I agree, I should have noted sarcasm in my post.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree, I should have noted sarcasm in my post.

Ok.  Probably others got it, I am literal minded.  I get puns. 

• Like 1

So where is Trump’s nemesis? His annoying prophet of old? His Moses, saying, “let The People go?”

Don’t bother asking Franklin Graham, son of the late evangelist Billy Graham, because he was sitting, close to front and center, at the super spreader event .... defiantly maskless.

Franklin Graham at White House Rose Garden Super Spreader Event - https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/coronavirus-attendees-barrett-nomination-ceremony/

Source 

Franklin Graham is “deceived” by a cult leader, with no excuse for a delusion so obvious.

Watching the gates of Hell prevail, and obeying the Dark Lord, are one and the same.

The misfortune of the United States, has only barely begun.

Raptor, old soul, I’m sensing a wee bit of a grudge against Franklin a Graham in your posts.

• Like 1