Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate Drug Tests or

Aroundthecorner

12 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like alot of people you interact with in your life take anxiety meds and you probably don't even know it.

Are doctors, cops, lawyers, teachers, allowed to take anti-anxiety meds or does it only concern you with politicans?

I would be quite leery of doctors or policemen on psychiatric medication.  I would go so as to be favorable to regulation that you would have to be mental disorder free to operate in these professions.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I would be quite leery of doctors or policemen on psychiatric medication.  I would go so as to be favorable to regulation that you would have to be mental disorder free to operate in these professions.

I could agree for antipsychotic meds, for like schizophrenia, bipolar, etc.

But I think anxiety and anti-anxiety medication is fairly common. I would have to see proof that it effects job performance in a negative way. 

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I could agree for antipsychotic meds, for like schizophrenia, bipolar, etc.

But I think anxiety and anti-anxiety medication is fairly common. I would have to see proof that it effects job performance in a negative way. 

Ehh, I dunno.  Having an anxiety attack right before or during a no-knock warrant or armed drug bust execution for example.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Ehh, I dunno.  Having an anxiety attack right before or during a no-knock warrant or armed drug bust execution for example.

I have two thoughts on that,

I feel like someone having debilitating panic attacks are already disqualified from being an officer, or if that happened on the job they would be fired.

But that's seperate from screening based on if people take anti-anxiety meds. Most people who take anti-anxiety meds don't have debilitating panic attacks. That the extreme end of the spectrum.

And secondly, what ends up happening in practice, for example in the military is that soldiers will not get therapy or get treated out of fear of losing security clearance or it affecting promotions.

So the stigmatization ends up making it so that we are just left with a bunch of untreated people :lol:.

Doing that with police would end up similar. Where they will just not go get treated out of fear of losing their jobs. Which probably makes us less safe.

Edited by spartan max2

16 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like alot of people you interact with in your life take anxiety meds and you probably don't even know it.

Are doctors, cops, lawyers, teachers, allowed to take anti-anxiety meds or does it only concern you with politicans?

Doctors, cops, lawyers & teachers don't have the authority to declare a war either.