Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democrats opose nomination

Aroundthecorner

Democratic Senators Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii joined in Gillibrand's sentiment earlier in the day Sunday.

'I will oppose the confirmation of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, as I would any nominee proposed as part of this illegitimate sham process, barely one month before an election as Americans are already casting their votes. Americans deserve a voice in this hugely consequential decision,' Blumenthal posted in a lengthy string of tweets.

'Judge Barrett's views would harm real lives—real people—in real ways, from children with pre-existing conditions to women who just want to be able to decide when & how to have a family,' he continued. 'I'm fighting for them.'

Gillibrand called the process 'illegitimate' and says she will 'refuse to participate'33692630-8778861-image-a-21_1601240514575.jpg33692628-8778861-image-a-23_1601240519498.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8778861/I-refuse-participate-Three-Democratic-senators-decline-meeting-Amy-Coney-Barrett.html

• Haha 1

better question why so many people do not like him, (i'm not talking about those whose power is threatened by him, but millions of regular joes whose life would not change 1 bit if trump never existed)  99.9999% of them do not know him personally, nor he did anything bad to them,  people almost never like anyone more successful, smarter and richer  than they are. and trump is so much more of everything than they are. it is just human nature.  i bet  everyone of them would give everything to be  even a little successful as him, but they never will they do not have it in them, inferior attitude and a lack of ambition. oh that and msm propaganda, goebbels would be so jealous 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The America people deserve a voice in the process - they have one, that of their lawfully elected president. 
Just because you don’t like the fella doesn’t mean everything he does is illegal or unsupported by or in support of the people.

No but it does bring to light how the GOP acted the LAST time there was a supreme court in an election year.

Yes, yes, I know the situation was totally different, if Obama wanted to appoint supreme court justices, why did he get elected while DELIBERATELY black?! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

better question why so many people do not like him, (i'm not talking about those whose power is threatened by him, but millions if regular joes whose life would not change 1 bit if trump never existed)  99.9999% of them do not know him personally, nor he did anything bad to them,  people almost never like anyone more successful, smarter and richer  than they are. and trump is so much more of everything than they are. it is just human nature.  i bet  everyone of them would give everything to be  even a little successful as him, but they never will they do not have it in them, inferior attitude and a lack of ambition. oh that and msm propaganda, goebbels would be so jealous 

Fear and jealousy and orange skin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, aztek said:

better question why so many people do not like him, (i'm not talking about those whose power it threatened by him, but millions if regular joes whose life would not change 1 bit if trump never existed)  99.9999% of them do not know him personally, nor he did anything bad to them,  people almost never like anyone more successful, smarter and richer  than they are. and trump is so much more of everything than they are. it is just human nature.  i bet  everyone of them would give everything to be  even a little successful as him, but they never will they do not have it in them, inferior attitude and a lack of ambition. oh that and msm propaganda, goebbels would be so jealous 

Well if you're really wondering, and seriously want to expand your knowledge, I'll tell you.

I hate the man because he reminds me of every story I've ever heard about the rise of Fascism, from the old stories the Jews brought to more modern stuff in Russia. I hate the man because his policies have terrorized thousands of mexicans who only wanted a better life. I hate the man because his favoritism and corruption makes us weaker and empowers scumbags who just want to get has much power as possible at the expense of everybody else. And most importantly, I hate him and the GOP together because they have been /terrorizing the ****/ out of my friends. Most of whom are LGBT, non christian, and many of them have health conditions that they rely on the ACA to get help for. 

Frankly I'd rather never get another raise then live one day as the kind of slimeball the president is. But that's how american capitalism works, the man with the least scruples, the most ruthlessness, and the most sociopathic behavior rises to the top while all the little guys get p***ed on. He's not so much more than I am, he's lesser in character, morality, and common decency then most of society, and I'm damned grateful that's true because a world of Trump's would be the most horrifying of hells. 

Honestly /my/ life wouldn't change much, at least at first, if he wasn't around, but its not me I'm worried about here. Give it ten years of unfettered authoritarian rule, and I'd be running for the canadian border after they declared Jews to be 'traitors to the state' because that's just how this story ends. Course it might not be Jews, maybe Mexicans are the scapegoats rounded up into camps, might even be Asians again, hell he might decide Gays are the latest scapegoat. He's already been blaming everything from the deep state to China for everything bad happening, and once you start on that road...well, I payed attention in history class, I know where this ends, and it ends with human ash falling on the plains. 

Edited by Autochthon1990
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Well if you're really wondering, and seriously want to expand your knowledge, I'll tell you.

I hate the man because he reminds me of every story I've ever heard about the rise of Fascism, from the old stories the Jews brought to more modern stuff in Russia. I hate the man because his policies have terrorized thousands of mexicans who only wanted a better life. I hate the man because his favoritism and corruption makes us weaker and empowers scumbags who just want to get has much power as possible at the expense of everybody else. And most importantly, I hate him and the GOP together because they have been /terrorizing the ****/ out of my friends. Most of whom are LGBT, non christian, and many of them have health conditions that they rely on the ACA to get help for. 

Frankly I'd rather never get another raise then live one day as the kind of slimeball the president is. But that's how american capitalism works, the man with the least scruples, the most ruthlessness, and the most sociopathic behavior rises to the top while all the little guys get p***ed on. He's not so much more than I am, he's lesser in character, morality, and common decency then most of society, and I'm damned grateful that's true because a world of Trump's would be the most horrifying of hells. 

Bet you still have a BERNIE poster in your window.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

No but it does bring to light how the GOP acted the LAST time there was a supreme court in an election year.

Yes, yes, I know the situation was totally different, if Obama wanted to appoint supreme court justices, why did he get elected while DELIBERATELY black?! 

Or alternatively, in a worldview not tainted by hate, the GOP learnt their lesson last time, listened to people like RGB and accepted they were wrong to resist the appointment of a new justice. 
Thanks for the casual accusation of racism though. I’m playing insult bingo and I’m one “I am rubber, you are glue” away from bingo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Or alternatively, in a worldview not tainted by hate, the GOP learnt their lesson last time, listened to people like RGB and accepted they were wrong to resist the appointment of a new justice. 
Thanks for the casual accusation of racism though. I’m playing insult bingo and I’m one “I am rubber, you are glue” away from bingo.

I'm not saying that's why you did it, I'm saying that's why the Tea Party and their acolytes treated him so poorly. It was straight up 80 percent 'we don't like an uppity black man telling us what to do'. 

And dude, its not the Democrats scapegoating minorities left and right. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Autochthon1990 said:

I'm not saying that's why you did it, I'm saying that's why the Tea Party and their acolytes treated him so poorly. It was straight up 80 percent 'we don't like an uppity black man telling us what to do'. 

And dude, its not the Democrats scapegoating minorities left and right. 

Yeh, the Dems are using them as scapegoats and pawns.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yeh, the Dems are using them as scapegoats and pawns.

Dude if you think supporting blacks, mexicans, gays, and every other minority is using them as pawns, you have a lot to learn about compassion and human decency. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Bet you still have a BERNIE poster in your window.

I don't even own a poster, never understood that, you already know who you support, why do you need a reminder of it? If I had room I'd sooner get an old fashioned map...

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I don't even own a poster, never understood that, you already know who you support, why do you need a reminder of it? If I had room I'd sooner get an old fashioned map...

Basement dweller?

Just now, Aroundthecorner said:

Basement dweller?

I'm on the fifth floor of a dorm-like building, you try affording an apartment in ski country. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Dude if you think supporting blacks, mexicans, gays, and every other minority is using them as pawns, you have a lot to learn about compassion and human decency. 

Son, if you think what the democrats are supporting those folks, you keep got a lot to learn about reality.

• Like 9

Son, if you think what the democrats are supporting those folks, you keep got a lot to learn about reality.

Right there's no reason at all minorities vote for them over the republican party, George Soros walks up to every individual minority household with a pendulum and hypnotizes them right before every election cycle...

• Like 1

And Corner, you can laugh all you want, but everybody starts somewhere, I'm saving up for a down payment on a mortgage and I've got my eyes on a promotion this winter. And if you think there's something wrong with putting in my dues and working to advance my place in life in an ethical fashion, you can lick my avatar's distended scrotum. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Right there's no reason at all minorities vote for them over the republican party, George Soros walks up to every individual minority household with a pendulum and hypnotizes them right before every election cycle...

Ahh, reducto ad absurdium. One if my favourite rhetorical techniques. 
No, not George “Boogeyman” Soros. But rather a systematised approach whereby all minorities are told is that they’re victims of “the system” and only the great white hope of John Jackson will save them from Jack Johnson though “free” loans, governmental aid and a specially tailored feeling of superiority due to their skin tone.

While one side doesn’t care about people who have no influence, rhe other side only cares while those same people stay on the plantation.

• Like 6

Ahh, reducto ad absurdium. One if my favourite rhetorical techniques. 
No, not George “Boogeyman” Soros. But rather a systematised approach whereby all minorities are told is that they’re victims of “the system” and only the great white hope of John Jackson will save them from Jack Johnson though “free” loans, governmental aid and a specially tailored feeling of superiority due to their skin tone.

While one side doesn’t care about people who have no influence, rhe other side only cares while those same people stay on the plantation.

Um, putting it out there, just a little bit? I'm white as all hell and I got a lot of the same benefits growing up because dad was a drunken ****wit. They don't hand it out just to minorities, its just that in a country dealing with the aftereffects of jim crow, red lining, and even the modern Alt-Right, they tend to apply for help more. 

They have no basis to oppose her except that she is really, really Catholic which is against the law. Pelosi, who is also Catholic, has already warned the Dems of going that route. That is why many have said they won't have anything to do with the entire process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Um, putting it out there, just a little bit? I'm white as all hell and I got a lot of the same benefits growing up because dad was a drunken ****wit. They don't hand it out just to minorities, its just that in a country dealing with the aftereffects of jim crow, red lining, and even the modern Alt-Right, they tend to apply for help more. 

All of which primed you to do exactly what they want - vote Democrat forever. 
A win for them, another one. 
And before you think otherwise - I’m not a Republican. Perhaps Libertarian fits, but I like the term “anarchist”, in the traditional sense of the word, someone who distrusts imposes authorities and the systems designed to perpetuate those imposed authorities.

• Like 2

All of which primed you to do exactly what they want - vote Democrat forever. 
A win for them, another one. 
And before you think otherwise - I’m not a Republican. Perhaps Libertarian fits, but I like the term “anarchist”, in the traditional sense of the word, someone who distrusts imposes authorities and the systems designed to perpetuate those imposed authorities.

Man I was born and raised in a republican household, dad's one of those Limbaugh jockeys. 

57 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

And how is that.  They acted in performing their duty.  Obama made an election year nomination and the Senate gave their advice and a no on consent.

57 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I think it's time to put childish bunk to bed.  I voted twice against Obama, not because of the color of his skin but because of the content of his character.  You talk about a con man, he was a master.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Man I was born and raised in a republican household, dad's one of those Limbaugh jockeys. 

And? 

• Haha 1