Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Woman finds 20 venomous mouse spiders in pool

Still Waters

A Darwin woman has found up to 20 venomous mouse spiders at the bottom of her swimming pool, prompting Australian officials to warn residents about the rise in dangerous spiders as temperatures heat up.

Lauren Merritt, who said she was horrified by the discovery, was warned by experts to keep a safe distance from the creatures because they’re able to stay underwater for up to 24 hours, and so most were likely still alive.

According to an Australian-based pest control expert, September to May is the busiest season for spider sightings across the country. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/australia-darwin-mouse-spiders-funnel-webs-redbacks-venom-b666991.html

https://australian.museum/learn/animals/spiders/mouse-spiders/

Iilaa'mpuul'xem

I am surprised you managed to read that story @SW.. I thought you were terrified of the little creatures? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still Waters
19 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I am surprised you managed to read that story @SW.. I thought you were terrified of the little creatures? 

I don't mind pictures of spiders so much, it's the large ones that come into my house that I can't stand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
Just now, Still Waters said:

I don't mind pictures of spiders so much, it's the large ones that come into my house that I can't stand.

I am not exaggerating when I say this... they seem to be getting bigger each year. I have removed some from my house this year that are massive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ThereWeAreThen
36 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I am not exaggerating when I say this... they seem to be getting bigger each year. I have removed some from my house this year that are massive.

Perhaps they're evolving the way they breath hence allowing to grow bigger? I don't see why not. Even though I'm no expert.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

HandsomeGorilla

I'd love to live there, but yall know me... 

Oh, and in Straya, even the mostly harmless huntsman spiders are straight out of people's nightmares. Size of your face and I'm pretty sure they've figured out a way to teleport. And they can climb ANYTHING. They also like crawling out of their hiding spot in your car while you're driving :lol:

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1