Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Physicist solves time travel paradox problem

UM-Bot

The Paradox only exists if Einsteinian mathematics is correct and infallible. I contend that Einstein made several errors in his Math and therefore is not reliable. His famous "Twin Studies" are a case in point because any object moving away from another object is in fact a mathematical fallacy because both objects are actually moving away from each other at the same speed, so no paradox is achieved.

I don't think you need to be a physicist to "solve" this paradox. I came up with it decades ago! (but without the math, obviously. :lol:)

It feeds into multiverse theories.

Edited by acute

On 9/28/2020 at 1:42 PM, acute said:

I don't think you need to be a physicist to "solve" this paradox. I came up with it decades ago! (but without the math, obviously. :lol:)

This. If you traveled back in time you'd be in a different universe. It would have to be, because your own timeline is still moving forward so logically it must be intersecting with another timeline closely parallel to your own.

Not to talk like I know what Im talking about :p this is obviously beyond speculative

At this point, I am entirely convinced that "Physicists" is another word for "Glorified and Advanced Morons".

Edited by jpeniel333

On 9/28/2020 at 3:42 PM, acute said:

NOPE

Just now, jpeniel333 said:

NOPE

YEP!

Constant revision of events, with an unfathomable number of decision points, yet we only perceive one result.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:01 PM, acute said:

YEP!

Constant revision of events, with an unfathomable number of decision points, yet we only perceive one result.

NOT

1 minute ago, acute said:

Why not?

Please explain.

Because nothing larger than a single subatomic particle can travel through time (forward or backward) due to the commonly forgotten factor of timespace expansion D(2.4x10^18)^s.  Any attempt to arrive in the past or the future would create an immediate misalignment of atomic structure resulting in an explosion similar or larger than that of the Tunguska event.  Travel through the use of Quantum entanglement is probably possible via information exchange only but this would not allow visible changes to time 'less those changes were duplicated even of a different internal nature. (for example, a real plagued changed into a fake plague whereas the sender and receiver must be sequestered from mainstream information despite basics for the results to occur)... and even that is very unlikely due to other varying factors that have to be resolved first.

There is no multiverse.  The concept of a multiverse would also have to take into account that nearly every alternate universe must begin from a completely different big bang in order for this theory to work ....but I'm sure nobody here want me to go through those details.  I know I don't.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:12 PM, trancelikestate said:

This. If you traveled back in time you'd be in a different universe. It would have to be, because your own timeline is still moving forward so logically it must be intersecting with another timeline closely parallel to your own.

Not to talk like I know what Im talking about :p this is obviously beyond speculative

I don’t see it being a truly viable thing.  If there are separate universes that correlate to different instances in time there would have to be an infinite amount of these universes.  Further to this, would there be intervals?  As in, would there be a new universe say for every second, or millisecond, and then there would be universes sprouting of the alternate universe.  It’s too messy.

The alternative is that the alternate branching universe is created at the moment you initiate time travel, meaning that an entire universe is created out of nothing, which would be... Rather problematic.

The only other theoretically plausible method of time travel would be rearranging all matter and energy in the universe to a previous state.  

51 minutes ago, Cosmic Horror said:

The alternative is that the alternate branching universe is created at the moment you initiate time travel, meaning that an entire universe is created out of nothing, which would be... Rather problematic.

Perhaps the problem is that people are unaware of how timespace actually works; whereas time is not linear insomuch as one's perspectives and perceptions are.  If the universe had to be created from something (otherwise you get something from nothing) then perhaps the universe is self-created by an alternate view of timespace ...in other words, time is not as linear as you think.  It expands into both past and future simultaneously (as results from the double slit experiment has even demonstrated).  This is to say that, in the quantum world, there is no cause and effect...  there is "cause and effect", "effect and then cause", "effect, cause, and then effect", and "all of the above" and "none of the above" simultaneously.  The "problem" is simply "the inability to perceive that which we can not comprehend".

To reiterate on TeamSpace expanding in both past and future directions, one would simply need to think about how space expands... as space expands to create more distance between planetary objects that may not even be in motion providing the illusion of movement (or at least more movement) than is actually happening.  So time may work in this same manner since time and space are interconnected.  As we perceive time as linear, we have to remember that only the present exists. The future and the past are made of the exact same thing ...."perceptions and preconceptions" stemming from "the now".  And the only difference between past and future are our "memories".  but are memories things that really happened or things that we have collectively (via universal collective consciousness) chosen to have happened?  

What if instead of trying to time travel, some scientists somewhere finds out a way to tap into the collective consciousness and simply change what we have collectively chosen to be the events of the past.  Maybe someone is testing that out as we speak, little by little. And if someone was to test this out little by little, what would they try to change?  Maybe the spelling of a children's book title.... or perhaps the lines in popular films?  

Hypothetical, of course.  But who knows.

EDIT: I should mention before someone else does that if you are considering "one point" a point in which time began and then expanded into all directions, you still need to think about how space expands.  it does not expand from one point but from every single point in the universe.  So, there would still be no starting point in which time began.  Thus, self-created by way of creating it's own past as it created the now and future from any point in time.

Edited by jpeniel333

• 4 weeks later...

If you travel back in time, how fast do you travel? To travel in time requires time to exist in at least two dimensions.

Time must exist in at least three dimensions so you can avoid colliding with other travelers.

Get back to us when you observe such a thing.

Time is not a thing.

No one travels through time.  Time has no direction.

Time is a function of human memory and is based on comparison of memory and current perceptual input.

It is a function of our perceptual modeling process.  There is only awareness... unfolding in presence.

There is only now.  Every thought you've ever had, was in the now.

Every thing you remember doing, you're remembering it now.

When you were doing it, you were doing it in the now.

Every time you plan for, or consider the future, you do it now.

Now is what is unfolding within awareness.  This is what is.

Indra's Net, The Great Lotus... ever unfolding, never unfolded.

Time is a function of human memory and comparison, it does not travel in any direction, it is the manner in which our perception processes the ever unfolding presence of awareness.

Edited by quiXilver