Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans on Mars

Aroundthecorner

Are we going to mars because we can or is it that the aliens need us out there?

Maybe we had to prove ourselves first by being given X amount of future knowledge we had to do the rest alone in a short period of time to get more from the aliens.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Are we going to mars because we can

Yes. Its what we do.We're explorers and naturally curious. The science gained from past and future explorations help define the universe and our place in it. Leads to developments that can be beneficial. We have always done this and will continue to do so

1 hour ago, Aroundthecorner said:

or is it that the aliens need us out there?

No

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, khol said:

Yes. Its what we do.We're explorers and naturally curious. The science gained from past and future explorations help define the universe and our place in it. Leads to developments that can be beneficial. We have always done this and will continue to do so

No

Agree with everything you say, however lets be honest, not all technological advances made by such a fete would be beneficial, you can bet your bottom dollar a lot of it will be militarized. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Agree with everything you say, however lets be honest, not all technological advances made by such a fete would be beneficial, you can bet your bottom dollar a lot of it will be militarized. 

If it wasn't developed for military purposes first there is a lot of technology we would not have yet, like microwave ovens, pocket computers (we call them phones), satelite television and communication, etc.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Maybe we had to prove ourselves first by being given X amount of future knowledge we had to do the rest alone in a short period of time to get more from the aliens.

You have opened a can of martian worms, and just when NASA, said today that Mars has salty water under some ice at its polar regions.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-confirms-evidence-that-liquid-water-flows-on-today-s-mars

Of course it is intermittent and only happens in summertime or when the moon is full, but it is something.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Aliens need us out there to learn they to say - This is one small step for a martian, but one giant leap for Martians.

Fear runs rife through the ignorantly blinded souls they say.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

What aliens are you referring to?

20 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Well if you want the answers to questions here is where you start. This gentleman is a real Alien he crash landed on Earth in the 1950s, his name is Ziggy.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well if you want the answers to questions here is where you start. This gentleman is a real Alien he crash landed on Earth in the 1950s, his name is Ziggy.

David Bowie actually Ziggy was his alter ego for about five years a rock n roll messiah in his own words. He did play an alien in the man who fell to earth his character name in the movie was Thomas Jerome Newton hope this helps straighten your limp sarcasm out. 

12 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

David Bowie actually Ziggy was his alter ego for about five years a rock n roll messiah in his own words. He did play an alien in the man who fell to earth his character name in the movie was Thomas Jerome Newton hope this helps straighten your limp sarcasm out. 

You straightened nothing out, I was quite aware of everything you said. Sorry you have no sense of humor, but all in all I think my post was certainly as valid as your OP in all respects!!!:P:lol::tu:

Maybe in the future if you start another thread on the subject, you will at least post something that could remotely be possible in place of the fantasy you started this thread with.:D

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

If it wasn't developed for military purposes first there is a lot of technology we would not have yet, like microwave ovens, pocket computers (we call them phones), satelite television and communication, etc.

Good point. As much as a I hate war, if it wasn't for war we wouldn't have the technology today. That being said, the space race between the States and the Soviets helped advance us scientifically, NASA made ALOT of technology we use today. Pretty cool actually.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

You straightened nothing out, I was quite aware of everything you said. Sorry you have no sense of humor, but all in all I think my post was certainly as valid as your OP in all respects!!!:P:lol::tu:

Maybe in the future if you start another thread on the subject, you will at least post something that could remotely be possible in place of the fantasy you started this thread with.:D

sarcasm suits you

• Haha 1

Since this is the conspiratorial section I propose that the Martians are using telepathy to convince humans to create an interplanetary Uber/Lyft service. More likely they are interested in the food delivery part of the Uber/Lyft service. They believe that slowly roasted homo sapien is delicious. Where do you think the name Iron Chef came from? It was a telepathic message from the red planet.

• Confused 1

There are those that want to label any skeptics as close minded, but in general skeptics are far more open minded and can see many more possibilities than those with a conspiracy tendency.

In response to "or is it that the aliens need us out there?" I offer a reason for aliens wanting us out into space. Free food delivery. Well free for them.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

There are those that want to label any skeptics as close minded, but in general skeptics are far more open minded and can see many more possibilities than those with a conspiracy tendency.

In response to "or is it that the aliens need us out there?" I offer a reason for aliens wanting us out into space. Free food delivery. Well free for them.

They ridiculed Tesla called Einstein crazy in the beginning 

Just now, Aroundthecorner said:

They ridiculed Tesla called Einstein crazy in the beginning 

Both false claims. Completely false. You should learn a little about history.

Just now, stereologist said:

Both false claims. Completely false. You should learn a little about history.

Do you work for CNN?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Do you work for CNN?

Do you know anything other than false ideas? 

You are free to try and support your laughable stories. Those with no or little knowledge of the world toss out erroneous ideas left and right. When in doubt say Tesla or falsely claim someone was ridiculed.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Do you know anything other than false ideas? 

You are free to try and support your laughable stories. Those with no or little knowledge of the world toss out erroneous ideas left and right. When in doubt say Tesla or falsely claim someone was ridiculed.

You look silly now honestly, you not only call me a liar throw the standard wishy washy insults.

Let's make this simpler. Someone suggested Tesla and Einstein were ridiculed in the beginning. I pointed out that was false.

If the person pushing that nonsense wants to try and show that was correct then go for it, otherwise that remains an unsupported and fake statement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aroundthecorner said:

You look silly now honestly, you not only call me a liar throw the standard wishy washy insults.

There. You lied. I never called you a liar.

You clearly can show I am wrong by posting evidence of your tale. But I know you can't. For whatever reason you posted something laughably wrong.