Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK store under fire for selling Ouija boards

Still Waters

Breaking news: Officials have announced that persons who "knock on wood", "throw salt over their shoulders", "cross their fingers", "look into mirrors or palms of hands with mystical intent" or use any other form of superstitious actions, words or thoughts will be prosecuted.

Those who display imagination will be warned first then prosecuted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Such medieval superstitious BS. The fundamentalist religious right is a global evil and they come in all flavors of deity they pay lip service to. Although most seem to be Christian or Muslim.
They are the ones who warp minds and foment ignorance, not Ouija boards, D&D, heavy metal, witchcraft, or whatever other hatred of the week they have.

• Like 3

These Karens complaining already have so much power since they can keep a shop from selling ouija boards for any reason. I really am surprised that these people can ever be persecuted. I don't believe in demons, but still I wouldn't risk it. Any person young and old should be able to use one, though.

You guys.  Honestly, Oujia?  I cannot believe the thread on here is this long.  Believe what you like but Ouija should never be a barometer.  hahahahahahahahahaha!!!  Folk on here will argue about anything.

I have been using a Ouija board for 15 years and had no problems at all, I understand people not wanting their young children to buy one but Quija boards are not the evil tool people and hollywood claim them to be.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:48 AM, ufoguy said:

Oujia boards do attract negative spirits..its real

Nah, if you're going to claim a board game attracts evil spirits, the award has to go to Monopoly. Look at what that game does to people, FFS.

• Haha 4

On 9/29/2020 at 10:42 PM, XenoFish said:

Considering people are still superstitious and probably have religious induced paranoia about these things. 

Prove it. That argument works both ways you know.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Prove it. That argument works both ways you know.

Pony up your counter argument then. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 11:41 PM, Still Waters said:

POUNDLAND has come under fire for selling Ouija boards in UK stores.

The "spirit-world game" invites players and the friends to pose their questions to the dead.

While Ouija boards are viewed as a harmless parlor trick by some, many, including the church, regard them as dangerous tools which can trigger psychological harm — or something even more sinister.

And some customers are not impressed the boards are on sale.

One person tweeted: "The last thing we needed in 2020 was poundland to start selling Ouija boards."

https://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/south_essex_news/18755608.poundland-selling-ouija-boards-halloween-uk-stores/

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/chain-of-discount-stores-in-england-under-fire-for-selling-ouija-boards/

Do they sell gel blasters? :) (just been classified as firearms here, and banned for sale or ownership without a firearm's licence) 

There are lot more harmful things a person could be doing (and many people are doing)  than using a ouija board. 

On 10/18/2020 at 2:46 AM, Jon the frog said:

Next thing: removing satanic pokemon cards! They control the young, believing in creatures from another world !

Been banned from south australian schools for over a decade :)  (admittedly mostly because of the conflicts and fights they cause in young people.) 

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:01 AM, Seti42 said:

Nah, if you're going to claim a board game attracts evil spirits, the award has to go to Monopoly. Look at what that game does to people, FFS.

Hi Seti

I know these games involve spirits.

Drinking+Games

To be honest I don't really need a game board to entice the spirts.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:11 PM, Still Waters said:

POUNDLAND has come under fire for selling Ouija boards in UK stores.

The "spirit-world game" invites players and the friends to pose their questions to the dead.

While Ouija boards are viewed as a harmless parlor trick by some, many, including the church, regard them as dangerous tools which can trigger psychological harm — or something even more sinister.

And some customers are not impressed the boards are on sale.

One person tweeted: "The last thing we needed in 2020 was poundland to start selling Ouija boards."

https://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/south_essex_news/18755608.poundland-selling-ouija-boards-halloween-uk-stores/

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/chain-of-discount-stores-in-england-under-fire-for-selling-ouija-boards/

We have a free market here, why should one group make these boards illegal for others?

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

We have a free market here, why should one group make these boards illegal for others?

It wasn't made illegal. Some people complained about it. So Poundland stopped selling the product at a few of their stores where people were complaining most. They are still selling it in stores where people aren't complaining about it. 

• Like 1