Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does Australia have the deadliest snakes?

Still Waters

As we settle into spring and temperatures rise, snakes are emerging from their winter hideouts to bask in the sun. But don't be alarmed if you spot one, it's hard to imagine a more misunderstood group of animals than snakes.

Our interactions with snakes are conversation starters, with yarns told and retold. But knowing what's fact and fiction gets harder with each retelling.

As is so often the case with wildlife, the myths pale in comparison to what science has shown us about these incredible creatures. So let's debunk six misconceptions we, as wildlife ecologists, often hear.

https://theconversation.com/does-australia-really-have-the-deadliest-snakes-we-debunk-6-common-myths-145765

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

As we settle into spring and temperatures rise, snakes are emerging from their winter hideouts to bask in the sun. But don't be alarmed if you spot one, it's hard to imagine a more misunderstood group of animals than snakes.

Our interactions with snakes are conversation starters, with yarns told and retold. But knowing what's fact and fiction gets harder with each retelling.

As is so often the case with wildlife, the myths pale in comparison to what science has shown us about these incredible creatures. So let's debunk six misconceptions we, as wildlife ecologists, often hear.

https://theconversation.com/does-australia-really-have-the-deadliest-snakes-we-debunk-6-common-myths-145765

I have travelled the world in my old life, but there are just few places I never visited, and Australia, NewZealand, The remote Canada are the ones I wish I could have visited.. 

Back on topic... Australia does have more deadliest snakes and everything else there wants to kill you also... 

I would have loved to have visited her, I think my wife is hoping to go visit a friend there next year... depending on what the virus has planned for us?  

• Like 2