Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your rating?

TrumanB

Most of us probably only have online rating. Mine goes between 1550-1600 on chess.com. I play 10min rapid mostly. Make a lot of blunders and often loose focus and think about other things while playing.

How's it going with you?

I have a feeling that I hit a snag. 1600 is like wall and I can't overleap it.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:49 AM, TrumanB said:

I have a feeling that I hit a snag. 1600 is like wall and I can't overleap it.

The official site used for a UM chess tournament is  redhotpawn.com.   

Feel free to register there (it is free).   Also you can go here to view the players who are signed up for the UM Tournament.   You can look them up on redhotpawn.com and view everyone's rating.

If you are interested in being in our tournament, please go to redhotpawn.com and register and then drop by and let us know  your user name.  We have several members who are very good and would enjoy playing with you.

Thanks. I'll keep that in my mind.

15 hours ago, joc said:

The official site used for a UM chess tournament is  redhotpawn.com.   

Feel free to register there (it is free).   Also you can go here to view the players who are signed up for the UM Tournament.   You can look them up on redhotpawn.com and view everyone's rating.

If you are interested in being in our tournament, please go to redhotpawn.com and register and then drop by and let us know  your user name.  We have several members who are very good and would enjoy playing with you.

I made a public profile but I did it with my FB account so that everyone now can see my name and picture. I can change image after 12 games and I don't know how to change my real name to nickname.

To change your profile,  click on the Home button far right on the red tab.   That will take you where  you need to be.

image.png.7a849d511094a29217360cdd40cf789c.png

image.png

I was already there and I still don't see how to change name.

Can anyone please explain how to stop automatically accepting game requests? I don't want to start more games.

17 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Can anyone please explain how to stop automatically accepting game requests? I don't want to start more games.

You can click open invites along the top of the screen.

Then scroll down and you can set your preferences.

I have number of invites 1

Max invites off

Min invites off.

You can also change the challenger rating acceptence eg <1400 .

4 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

You can click open invites along the top of the screen.

Then scroll down and you can set your preferences.

I have number of invites 1

Max invites off

Min invites off.

You can also change the challenger rating acceptence eg <1400 .

Thanks. I set Maximum games to 1. I don't see max invites nor min invites. Only min and max rating.

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

Thanks. I set Maximum games to 1. I don't see max invites nor min invites. Only min and max rating.

Yeah,i went back and checked,it says max invite but its rating.

Well both of those settings are off on mine and i never have anyone challenging me except um members who enter my username..

Im sure someone had the same problem on here and the fix isposted in the general chess tournament thread.

Mine invites are also both on 0 ( I guess that means that they are off ). I'm not interested in playing on this site apart from forum tournaments.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, TrumanB said:

I was already there and I still don't see how to change name.

my bad

FAQ under Help

How do I change my user name?
[faq]changeusername[/faq]

Unfortunately this is not possible. For consistency and to prevent confusion for other users, the registered name must remain as it was entered when you signed up. Subscribers can request that their name be modified to correct spelling and capitalisation.

• Like 1

I like that chess place less and less. :)

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

I like that chess place less and less. :)

Another thing you could do is re-register with a different name.  While having more than one account on our website is against the rules of UM.. you can re-register under a different name with RHP.

Edited by joc

7 hours ago, joc said:

Another thing you could do is re-register with a different name.  While having more than one account on our website is against the rules of UM.. you can re-register under a different name with RHP.

Or I'll just quit and focus on boosting my rating on chess.com :) It's going pretty well in past few days, I'm 1600+ and close to 2000 in tactics rating.