Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing woman found alive floating in the sea

UM-Bot

People could misunderstand this article. One might think she spent two years at sea, when in fact it was five days (said she threw herself into the sea on Friday, so I assume 25th of October). Still, a remarkable feat of strength and will to last five days. My question is where did she get the flotation device if she was planning on killing herself? Did somebody throw it to her and she got pulled out into the ocean? If so, why didn't they go seek help? Strange sequence of events. Impressive nontheless (though some people I assume will be sceptical of events, I prefer to assume it's true at this point).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The entire story is completely false.

"Being on the seashore I found myself alone and in solitude; I decided to jump into the sea and let it take me," she said. "I just had to hope this nightmare would soon be over."

When the fishermen rescued her from the water however, she felt like she had been given a second chance.

Jumping into the sea is far different from boarding a life raft and paddling out!   geeeeez

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1