Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Swearing parrots removed from public display

Still Waters

My friend and his wife had one that used to belong to a couple that must have been verbally abusive to each other. The parrot never said anything that wasn't vulgar. If he got excited he was VERY loud, too. He'd run around yelling

WHAT THE **** WHAT THE **** WHAT THE ****

If you started talking back, SHUT THE **** UP with huge emphasis on the f word lol

It sounds funny, but it really got pretty annoying 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Haha 1

My Aunty had an african grey that used to start effin and jeffin in an exact copy of my uncles voice if they had company and the parrot started my old uncle would say"i dont know where he's got that from must be the bluddy kids"

• Haha 1

Yeah I had to board my macaw with a friend who bred them, in his house and was sure it would be fine. Got home and picked Geisha up and all was well until a few days later and Geisha peacefully looked over at me and told me to eff off.... LMAO.

I called him up and said, "Dude, you BREED these birds and do not pay attention to what you say around them???" He was embarrassed :D 

If you love the breed, you do NOT teach words like that as it can ruin their chances for adoption in the future as long as they can live. In his case, he is gone now, cancer, and his birds were all rehomed well enough. Geisha was just an Olympian if she heard a new word said emotionally. It was an instant addition to her vocabulary. She had a massive repertoire when she got chatty. I miss her. Lost her to an accident a few years ago.

• Like 2

Now replace the word "macaw / parrot" with "children / kids"

~