Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you do a drive through haunt?

rashore

Usually now is the time of year that amusement haunts are opening all over the U.S., from large amusement parks set to theme, down to little community scares. This year in light of the C-19 situation, some places are opening their thrills and chills to lines of cars full of patrons instead of the usual walking experience... 

Would you do a drive through haunt?

Chicago: https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/drive-through-haunted-house-comes-to-a-chicago-suburb-this-weekend/2345698/

Bay area: https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/09/28/massive-drive-thru-haunted-house-experience-opens-in-bay-area/

Miramar: https://www.newpelican.com/articles/drive-thru-haunted-house-promises-to-be-contactless-but-still-scary/

Costa Mesa: https://www.orangecoast.com/event/urban-legends-drive-thru-haunt/

• Like 2

I did a haunted hayride some years ago. Had to walk back through a haunted house. It was a lot of fun.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

I did a haunted hayride some years ago.

Could you translate this for me, please?

(American > British)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, acute said:

Could you translate this for me, please?

(American > British)

Don't you know what a hayride is? You get into a wagon full of hay pulled by a tractor or horses and ride down a trail through the cornfields. Lots of stuff jumps out at ya.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If I wasn't the one driving... I bet it could scare me enough. I rather like the scares, I'm the one in the front of the group screaming and laughing and jumping. I let amusement haunts scare me, and delight in it. I think haunted hayrides can be a lot of fun too. And get some good scares, there's one out in Michigan a bunch of us went to a while back that was really well done- they had a barn and big house and outdoor maze stuff too. Really good cider and doughnuts too- it was a functioning apple farm for it's day job :)

If I had to be the driver, phhhht, nope. Not fun or scary. I'm a bit too serious of a driver for that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Don't you know what a hayride is?

No!

You get into a wagon full of hay pulled by a tractor or horses and ride down a trail through the cornfields. Lots of stuff jumps out at ya.

Sounds like fun!

:)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rashore said:

If I wasn't the one driving... I bet it could scare me enough. I rather like the scares, I'm the one in the front of the group screaming and laughing and jumping. I let amusement haunts scare me, and delight in it. I think haunted hayrides can be a lot of fun too. And get some good scares, there's one out in Michigan a bunch of us went to a while back that was really well done- they had a barn and big house and outdoor maze stuff too. Really good cider and doughnuts too- it was a functioning apple farm for it's day job :)

If I had to be the driver, phhhht, nope. Not fun or scary. I'm a bit too serious of a driver for that.

We had a full wagon and we all had a ball. 

Just now, susieice said:

We had a full wagon and we all had a ball. 

I've been on a couple full wagons too at places, and yep, usually fun. Only time it kind of wasn't was a ride that was kind of apocalypse theme- a moment was stopping in front of screens while scary stuff viewed and "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons played.... it was supposed to be of one of those moments where the audience joined in.... no one else on the ride got it but my couple friends and I, but dang I enjoyed my solo singing along to it, hehehe. I almost became the scare there because I was enthused in the wagon. 

One of the least scary but most enjoyable ones was an interlude drive. It was a lovely night, and the hayride was to take you from the end of the corn maze back up to the front. It was extra enjoyable because you listened to everyone yelling and screaming through the maze you just went through, slowly accompanied by the horses hoves and Grims steady hands at the reigns. As you got closer to the front, the sounds of the haunted house and such came to the fore again, and you were driving back into hell for your next part of the night :)

• Like 2

Hum, intertesting idea like lion country safari but with chainsaws,

i got a gold star for scaring lucas and Spielberg at universal one year , robert englund gave me a campy thumbs up but that was walk thru, seems a car would give a feel of safety, plus liability, if guests are driving and run over an actor, 45 bucks, hum i get a bigger scare for 1.00 when i take tina to the toxic hell ( taco bell ) drive thru.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I drive through (ride) on my motor bike, through hords of Zombies when playing "Days Gone"... This would be a piece of cake. 

Those hordes are massive and the b*****s run after you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I drive through (ride) on my motor bike, through hords of Zombies when playing "Days Gone"... This would be a piece of cake. 

Those hordes are massive and the b*****s run after you. 

The best zombies are the highly contagious T2 28 days later tweaked up berserker style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

The best zombies are the highly contagious T2 28 days later tweaked up berserker style.

I couldn't believe it when I saw them run for the first time in a movie, it took the survival to a whole new level and the thing is, you could never outrun them because they would never get tired.. 

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

Hum, intertesting idea like lion country safari but with chainsaws,

^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Piney said:

^_^

Yep, i was thinking bout you when i posted that and about one year i was at universal, they had this guy looked dead on like mr bean, acted like him too so he ran around revving a chain saw, people didnt know to laugh or run, most ran laughing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been through many Haunts so why not. 

Edited by Scholar4Truth

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Yep, i was thinking bout you when i posted that and about one year i was at universal, they had this guy looked dead on like mr bean, acted like him too so he ran around revving a chain saw, people didnt know to laugh or run, most ran laughing.

People ask me to do those gigs but I prefer to speed carve wooden pumpkins out of blocks of pine in front of a audience. 

Parvin State Park hired this tree service idiot when I refused and he burnt a girl with the muffler. I said to Ranger Vicky that's why I refused. 

• Like 3

No I wouldn’t, I’m afraid I’d swerve and hit something or someone. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Piney said:

People ask me to do those gigs but I prefer to speed carve wooden pumpkins out of blocks of pine in front of a audience. 

Parvin State Park hired this tree service idiot when I refused and he burnt a girl with the muffler. I said to Ranger Vicky that's why I refused. 

I dont blame you,

I dont recall details it wasnt my area  but The "crew" who did chainsaws at universal got special training,  and they used modded saws, no chain of course and i recall various muffler mods i assume to make them noisier, no accidents,  iirc one year they had a guy carving ice with them?

Year before last halloween the yard care neighbor dons a Jason mask and goes nuts chasing people, kids etc with a saw i believe he did remove the chain not sure but he was chasing people into street in front of cars it was scary.

Your way is far better and far less liability

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2020 at 4:58 PM, susieice said:

I did a haunted hayride some years ago. Had to walk back through a haunted house. It was a lot of fun.

I went on one when I was a kid. I think it was dressed as a werewolf. It was fun from what a can vaguely remember.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:49 PM, XenoFish said:

Would a drive-thru haunting still be scary though? 

I don't think it would be, the car would provide a sense of safety, I may be wrong but I don't think it is something I would be interested in.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I don't think it would be, the car would provide a sense of safety, I may be wrong but I don't think it is something I would be interested in.

Pretty much the same thoughts I had. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

Déjà vu