Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump and Melania have coronavirus

ChrLzs

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

God bless the President of the USA!

Maybe it's what happened ! He got Covid to help him win the election ! :tsu:

Edited by Jon the frog

I hope he and the first lady recover OK.  

I do think he has been careless in protecting himself against the virus, but I won't say he deserves to get it.   

• Like 6

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-gov-dewine-who-tested-positive-then-negative-for-coronavirus-says-testing

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Sunday sought to reassure Americans about the efficacy of coronavirus testing after he tested positive last week for the coronavirus before meeting with President Trump  -- then tested negative just hours later.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Can anyone say 'nobbled'? Now if this doesn't scream suspicious, then you're so naive you must be a white liberal member of Antifa. It was obvious that the enemy would try this, it being such an obvious tactic to silence him so that he can't destroy Biden, but I might have credited even Nancy Baloney with slightly more subtlety than to pull this trick at such a time that it absolutely reeks of desperation.

I'd advice Mr. President be very, very wary if "Dr" Fauci, America's Dr. Mengele, offers to look after you personally.:no:

3 minutes ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

Can anyone say 'nobbled'? Now if this doesn't scream suspicious, then you're so naive you must be a white liberal member of Antifa. It was obvious that the enemy would try this, it being such an obvious tactic to silence him so that he can't destroy Biden, but I might have credited even Nancy Baloney with slightly more subtlety than to pull this trick at such a time that it absolutely reeks of desperation.

I'd advice Mr. President be very, very wary if "Dr" Fauci, America's Dr. Mengele, offers to look after you personally.:no:

And exactly how do you imagine the Powers That Be™ contrived to infect Trump via one of his aids.

I've just finished my fantasy novel so looking for something new to read. Bit of a comedic angle would be good if you can manage it.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I would simply add..  Uneffinbelievable, and yet, sadly, unsurprising.  I find it difficult to be polite and not say "You were told what would happen..."

Yea, it's a little scary, I mean if someone who has consistently taken the pandemic so seriously and has taken every possible precaution to avoid being infected himself can still contract covid then I guess no one is safe...

Wishing a speedy recovery to Melania.

• Haha 1

Honestly i dont trust trump and the staff , could be another ruse , timing is , well odd.

Edited by razman
  • Like 1

The Trump family all attended that debate Tuesday night, in front of the stage, and took off their masks, defying the protocol of the medical team in charge.  

And there you have poor 77 year old Joe Biden, like a sitting duck, right next to the infected Trump bat colony.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Yet the Trumps have no symptoms of the coronavirus , but the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson had it and was hospitalize being so sick  

I still think there were democrats doctors in the white house trying to bring Trump down :(

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, razman said:

Honestly i dont trust trump and the staff , could be another ruse , timing is , well odd.

That was my first reaction.  i.e.

- Gain sympathy points

- Everyone on TV who criticizes him will now look bad and heartless, and will try to curb their tongue and not criticize him so much.

- The disastrous first debate will no longer be the headline, and will soon be forgotten

- He won't have to go through another disastrous debate

- Saturday Night Live will probably not make a parody of the debate

- He will not have to tire himself with endless campaign rallies

- There will no longer be massive rallies, so he can't be blamed for spreading covid.

- He enjoys using Twitter and will use it more than ever.

- Most importantly, if he loses the election, he can just blame it on covid.  He wasn't able to campaign for re-election or attend rallies, so he lost the election with no regrets.

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keeping seeing some stuff bounce around saying that Boris Johnson's approval rating was higher after he got Covid.

Wonder if we we see I similar effect though I doubt it.

• Like 3

Ffs you people on UM are a bunch of conspiracy nuts :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

That was my first reaction.  i.e.

- Gain sympathy points

- Everyone on TV who criticizes him will now look bad and heartless, and will try to curb their tongue and not criticize him so much.

- The disastrous first debate will no longer be the headline, and will soon be forgotten

- He won't have to go through another disastrous debate

- Saturday Night Live will probably not make a parody of the debate

- He will not have to tire himself with endless campaign rallies

- There will no longer be massive rallies, so he can't be blamed for spreading covid.

- He enjoys using Twitter and will be on it daily.

- Most importantly, if he loses the election, he can just blame it on covid.  He wasn't able to campaign for re-election or attend rallies, so he lost the election with no regrets.

I doubt that it's a ruse.   He's got too big of an ego to do something that makes him look dumb for downplaying the virus.   He's been careless and I think he got the virus because of it. 

• Like 4

A lot of rough commentary on this issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shock-sympathy-mockery-world-reacts-075631728.html

“Here comes a chance for him to actually try out his idea of injecting disinfectant into himself and fighting back (against allegations that) it was fake news!” tweeted Hiroyuki Nishimura, a Japanese internet entrepreneur, referring to an idea Trump floated earlier this year for treatment.

The positive test result for Trump and his wife was the most searched topic in China on the widely used social media app Weibo a few hours after the announcement, with most comments mocking or critical.

One user darkly joked that Trump had finally tweeted something positive.

• Like 2

Woman's make-up sets can harbor an incredible amount of germs.  Maybe Melania or Trump were carrying the virus in their pocket sized powder-and-puff set.

• Confused 1

Here's the standard of politeness and sympathy we should apparently have for sick people by the way:

Edited by Liquid Gardens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This was inevitable.

• Trump took worthless HCQ as if that was going to work. Testing showed it to b a failure but he took it.
  • Trump mocked wearing masks.
  • Trump brought in Atlas to undermine the health experts.
  • Trump has politicized the CDC by directing their announcements from the WH instead of from a science based perspective
  • Trump has pretended this virus is unimportant and not a problem
  • Trump has pushed more snake oil than just HCQ
  • Trump has openly encouraged others to act in defiance of the health experts

It was going to happen. Let's see how this plays out for a guy who is older

• Thanks 3

Here is what Trump stated in the debate:

https://news.yahoo.com/fact-checking-covid-19-falsehoods-050011891.html

“We had to [shut down the economy] because we didn’t know anything about the disease, now we found that elderly people with heart problems and diabetes and different problems are very, very vulnerable,”

The problem is that he has identified himself here.

And here they mention his dismissal of wearing masks

Trump said he only wears a mask himself “when I think I need it,” and claimed that some public health experts including Anthony Fauci have questioned the effectiveness of mask wearing.

• Like 5

https://www.wired.com/story/donald-trump-positive-coronavirus-covid-19/

Even though people of any age and any health status can get very sick and die from Covid-19, three of the things that make the disease most deadly are being male, old, and overweight. That’s not great for the president. Trump is 74 years old and, as of June, weighed 244 pounds. Technically that makes him mildly obese. Across an entire population, all other things being equal, Covid-19 kills hardly anyone under 50. But over 50, the numbers start to climb. For people older than their mid-seventies, the mortality rate for Covid-19 is around 4 percent. “Compared to an 18-to 29-year-old, someone aged 73 is about 5 times more likely to be hospitalized and about 90 times more likely to die of Covid,” says Bob Wachter, chair of the department of medicine at UC San Francisco. “Once you’re up to age 75, that death number becomes 220 times more likely to die.”

Obesity makes the numbers even worse, though no one’s really sure why yet. So do other chronic illnesses that often go along with age, like diabetes and heart conditions. “This has nothing to do with the president’s specific situation, just the odds in a population,” Wachter says. “But the odds of someone that age with comorbidities getting sick enough to be hospitalized are well above 10 percent, and the odds of dying are probably in the 5 to 10 percent range.”

There is the unexplained trip to Walter Reed hospital last year.  Wonder why the president made that trip? Is there a comorbidity that might be an issue with COVID-19?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Yet the Trumps have no symptoms of the coronavirus , but the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson had it and was hospitalize being so sick  

I still think there were democrats doctors in the white house trying to bring Trump down :(

to add

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ohio-gov-dewine-who-tested-positive-then-negative-for-coronavirus-says-testing

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Sunday sought to reassure Americans about the efficacy of coronavirus testing after he tested positive last week for the coronavirus before meeting with President Trump  -- then tested negative just hours later.

so why did my Gov. Mike DeWine was tested in having it, but tested negative just hours later?

to me the testing's of the Trumps are not correct.

Edited by docyabut2

Is it too extreme to assume that one of his aids had intentionally infected the President or that Trump infected himself for sympathy and votes, in the same manner that Russian politician Alexei Navalny may have infected himself with Novichok to gain press attention, and political support against Putin whom he is currently blaming for poisoning him.

You're losing the election.  "think....think....think....."

Edited by TigerBright19

MSNBC and CNN now reporting the President is exhibiting mild symptoms. 

RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tested positive today as well.

• Like 4

Anyone else seriously doubt that either of them have it? Lying about this would pretty much be a masterstroke. Claim to have Covid just before the election then "beat" it before the voting, showing how big and strong a President they have. 

Also gets him out of a second trouncing in a debate.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1