Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump and Melania have coronavirus

ChrLzs

1 hour ago, bee said:

Yes he does love the campaigning and the rallies that fire up and energize his base but looking on the positive of what's happened I'm thinking that this will make him slow down a bit - and not overdo things..
He's tough but still needs to balance all the hard work with rest and relaxation..... this will slow him down but that might not be a bad thing in the long run....?

Yeah, it is just two vital weeks lost now.  You know very well that I am not a Trump political fan, but if he was going to lose to Biden (I am no Biden fan either)  I wanted it to be after the best fight he could put up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Trump said in the debate, that if Biden does win he will shut down the economy because of  COVID-19 and our country will fall.So to me if Trump proves he can over come this virus, and wins, our economy will never be shut down and our country will rise again .  

Trump is a failure when it comes to business. His tax returns show he is a business failure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Those who hate the man are spewing their bile all over social media.  No surprise there.  They can't seem to restrain themselves, even if they create more support for him.  Let them hate.  They will only fully out themselves as vile human beings.  I think the only reason we haven't seen more of their opinions here at UM is because they know the Mods would remove it.  Their need to indulge in hate may well be the last ingredient for his re-election...

• Like 2

Trump said in the debate, that if Biden does win he will shut down the economy because of  COVID-19 and our country will fall.So to me if Trump proves he can over come this virus, and wins, our economy will never be shut down and our country will rise again .  

Trump said a lot of things in the debate that may not prove to be true.   Lets hope that Trump does not have a serious case, very bad for the country if he did.   Many people get over it without a lot of problems, hopefully he is one. The President has access to the best medical care in the world, not everybody does.   His recovery should not encourage people to take chances.  Florida has already sent nearly 15,000 people, many of them old, into the afterlife.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

Well, I don't know how Hillary Clinton figures into this, but clearly something is going on:

Nuclear Doomsday Planes Take Flight As Trump Contracts COVID

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/nuclear-doomsday-planes-launch-trump-contracts-covid

Uhuh...

A 'doomsday plane' was not launched in response to the news

One of the scariest rumours was that a US plane that can deliver commands to nuclear missiles was launched in the wake of the news.

One viral tweet claimed that the E-6B Mercury took off to warn "adversaries" - a show of force to deter a potential attack.

The tweet included an image of a flight path over the east coast of the US, taken from a flight tracking site.

But public flight data shows that E-6B Mercury flights - often called "doomsday planes" - are common, even when the president is well. In fact, they happen about every other day.

The particular plane in question has flown 19 times in the past month.

In a statement, a military spokesman confirmed the E-6B flights were part of planned missions.

He added that "any timing to the president's announcement was purely coincidental."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-54387438

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

A minute ago you were sure he didn't have it and it was all a hoax by Trump's 'democrat doctors'.

What exactly is he supposed to be overcoming?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, and then said:

Those who hate the man are spewing their bile all over social media.  No surprise there.  They can't seem to restrain themselves, even if they create more support for him.  Let them hate.  They will only fully out themselves as vile human beings.  I think the only reason we haven't seen more of their opinions here at UM is because they know the Mods would remove it.  Their need to indulge in hate may well be the last ingredient for his re-election...

Maybe you too are on better behavior here than you are on friendly websites.

You can dislike somebody and oppose his political approach without wishing him or his family harm.  At least I can still do that much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe you too are on better behavior here than you are on friendly websites.

You can dislike somebody and oppose his political approach without wishing him or his family harm.  At least I can still do that much.

You CAN... but we don't have many examples of these "people" doing so.  I did not single you or anyone else out.  I'm just going by the sporting responses that many here indulge in, regularly.  The hate they indulge in has a way of revisiting them eventually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Assuming IQ45 really did catch COVID-19. 

I'm not sure. The timing is just too convenient. 

Oh, well, it'll become clear in few days. At Trump's age, weight and with his habits, he cannot have the mild form of the disease. If he doesn't end up on the ventilator, he was faking it to avoid debates and more

I am afraid you are right with the timing. He is on to something.

Anyone knows what the procedure is with the scheduled elections if the Pres is ill, gravely ill?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, odas said:

Anyone knows what the procedure is with the scheduled elections if the Pres is ill, gravely ill?

The elections are prescribed in the Constitution and I believe that only the People's Representatives (Congress) has the power to vary those dates.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, odas said:

At this point the schedule will continue as planned.  Too late to change anything.  If Trump wins the election Pence will be the president.

"The first half of this question is easy. If a president-elect dies before assuming office, the Constitution’s 20th Amendment resolves this problem directly: The vice president-elect becomes president."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/16/what-happens-if-us-presidential-candidate-withdraws-or-dies-before-election-is-over-part-1/

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

At this point the schedule will continue as planned.  Too late to change anything.  If Trump wins the election Pence will take over until another election can be set up (or maybe for the 4 year term, not sure).

So no way he could pull a fast one and bypass the constitution?

2 minutes ago, odas said:

So no way he could pull a fast one and bypass the constitution?

Right!  No way.  There are procedures in place.  I added a link in edit to the post you responded to.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, and then said:

The elections are prescribed in the Constitution and I believe that only the People's Representatives (Congress) has the power to vary those dates.

Thanks AT. Just curious about this. So belorussian, russian, comi stuff is not possible to pull? Good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, and then said:

You CAN... but we don't have many examples of these "people" doing so.  I did not single you or anyone else out.  I'm just going by the sporting responses that many here indulge in, regularly.  The hate they indulge in has a way of revisiting them eventually.

:lol: 

What are they if they're not people? Vermin? 

One of the first steps any totalitarian regime does is dehumanizing the "enemy". Your cult has successfully dehumanized your own countrymen who happen to have different political choices. 

You're a victim of the same scheme Nazis applied on their followers, and consequentially, after they packed courts with their believers, on everyone else. 

So you can clutch your pearls all you want, but your "people" is truly despicable (and unChristian) idiocy, while concluding that Trump, cruel and utterly selfish is nearly impossible to sympathize with, is an objective observation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

40 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Turns out dead people have won elections in the US and other places as well. The vote would be Trump and Pence on one ticket. Not sure a dead Trump would prevent Pence from being elected.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/26281/4-dead-politicians-who-still-got-elected

Yeah if Trump is elected as deceased, Pence would still be VP and then sworn in as President according to succession but he is not the candidate for President and that issue would need to be resolved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yeah if Trump is elected as deceased, Pence would still be VP and then sworn in as President according to succession but he is not the candidate for President and that issue would need to be resolved.

I'm not sure if it is possible to vote for Biden for president and Pence for VP.  Pretty sure that you have to vote along party lines or at least as a pair for president and vice president.

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/politics-policy/cleveland-clinic-under-microscope-after-trump-tests-positive-covid-19

a question,why was that debate held at the Cleveland Clinic? when there were so many COVID-19 patients there ? No wonder why Trump got  COVID-19.

I ve been there so many times in the past with my sick husband, who passed away in 2017  

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/politics-policy/cleveland-clinic-under-microscope-after-trump-tests-positive-covid-19

a question,why was that debate held at the Cleveland Clinic? when there were so many COVID-19 patients there ? No wonder why Trump got  COVID-19.

I ve been there so many times in the past with my sick husband, who passed away in 2017  

Hope Hicks had COVID when she boarded the plane with Trump. Looks like he got it from her not from the Clinic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

The imbecile got COVID-19 because he does not follow the simple advice of the health experts.

He is an arrogant malignant narcissist that thinks he has a brain. His behavior was the reason he became infected and all of his dead followers died because they too acted as he did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, odas said:

Hope Hicks had COVID when she boarded the plane with Trump. Looks like he got it from her not from the Clinic.

He could have got in from the Cleveland Clinic hospital. When many people had that COVID.

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I'm not sure if it is possible to vote for Biden for president and Pence for VP.  Pretty sure that you have to vote along party lines or at least as a pair for president and vice president.

No that won't happen. But it's going to be a cluster one way or another. Pence will replace Trump for this term but Pence isn't the candidate for the next term.

https://electionlawblog.org/?p=116098

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

At this point the schedule will continue as planned.  Too late to change anything.  If Trump wins the election Pence will take over until another election can be set up (or maybe for the 4 year term, not sure).

According to Reuters, if Trump dies before election day, Pence is sworn in for the 4 year term.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-usa-trump-election-ex-idUSKBN26N343

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, susieice said:

According to Reuters, if Trump dies before election day, Pence is sworn in for the 4 year term.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-usa-trump-election-ex-idUSKBN26N343

You know if Trump and Pence do pass away, Pelosi gets the presidency,:(  

Pelosi is second in line, behind Vice President Mike Pence, according to Article 2, Section 1,

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1