Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump and Melania have coronavirus

ChrLzs

6 hours ago, F3SS said:

Predictably,  every liberal and anti-Trump person on the planet will be an expert on this medication within 2 hours to tell us how awful and terrible this medication is.

Its great medication, seems to work wonderfully. I'm all for it.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Its great medication, seems to work wonderfully. I'm all for it.  

Eh, it is still unproven and experimental.  Could cause hair loss or sterility in the long term for all we know.  But given a choice between dying and trying an experimental drug, it would be a no-brainer for me.

• Like 3

I really do think that, even if they weren't responsible for nobbling him in the first place (you have to admit it looks decidedly fishy), the Demcorats have shot themselves in the foot badly with their gleeful gloating, and their supposedly serious and sombre speculation about "What would happen if Trump was to die" (although you could hear the chortling in their voices), and the truly vile outpourings of bile from the Twitterati. I think they're rather misjudged that the Twitterati are not representative of the majority of the American population, and that most decent folks, whatever colour flag they may pin to themselves, are appalled by this naked gloating. It may have backfired on them dramatically.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Katniss said:

So why bother making the experimental drugs he took available for everyone now?

Because its still a NDA (New Drug Application) which is still subject to clinical trials which where established to prevent humans from harmful side effects, see for example the Thalidomide disaster in the 60s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

I really do think...

even if they weren't...

you have to admit it looks...

Demcorats...

.. gleeful gloating..

.. supposedly serious and sombre speculation

...you could hear the chortling in their voices

...the truly vile outpourings of bile

I think...

...most decent folks

...appalled by this naked gloating.

...It may have backfired on them dramatically

......... Well, I think that you must be the life of parties, and that post was a remarkable example of weasel words, childish insults, imagination run wild, and an amazing ability to read minds, all to add into your fantasy world view... that entire post was truly a .. er .. lesson to others.

I think that's your purpose, to be a lesson to others...

• Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

I really do think that, even if they weren't responsible for nobbling him in the first place (you have to admit it looks decidedly fishy), the Demcorats have shot themselves in the foot badly with their gleeful gloating, and their supposedly serious and sombre speculation about "What would happen if Trump was to die" (although you could hear the chortling in their voices), and the truly vile outpourings of bile from the Twitterati. I think they're rather misjudged that the Twitterati are not representative of the majority of the American population, and that most decent folks, whatever colour flag they may pin to themselves, are appalled by this naked gloating. It may have backfired on them dramatically.

I did see a couple "President Pelosi" articles written, that seemed very much like they wanted it to happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

bolded..... let's hope so - they really are the pits... 

Sky News host Rowan Dean says the most “vicious, vile, callous people” were out in full force spewing hateful remarks about Donald Trump’s contraction of COVID-19. “If there was a time of putting aside your differences and calling for a political truce, you thought this would have been it,” Mr Dean said.

President Donald Trump, and First Lady Melania Trump were diagnosed with the virus on Friday after coming into contact with aide Hope Hicks who had earlier tested positive. The reaction from the Left on Twitter and in the mainstream media varied from full-blown conspiracy, to insidious wishes of death upon the President.

“It’s been sickening, but it’s not new,” Mr Dean said. “As per usual, hate speech was the loudest among the so-called anti-hate speech crowd.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

......... something ... 

I know obviously you're so desperate for Creepy Uncle Joe to win so that the world willbe rid of the evil one, but really, to close your eyes to what the Democrats are really like is just, well, it really, is. :no:

Edited by Montmorency the Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

I think they're rather misjudged that the Twitterati are not representative of the majority of the American population

Hold on a second, isn't President Trump one of the biggest stars and heavy hitters among the Twitterati?  Are you saying that entire spew coming from the fringes of both sides does not represent the majority of Americans?  Maybe you are on to something.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, it is still unproven and experimental.  Could cause hair loss or sterility in the long term for all we know.  But given a choice between dying and trying an experimental drug, it would be a no-brainer for me.

From all of the coverage we have seen of covid patients on the news, we have never seen anybody with symptoms like lung congestion and low oxygen rebound so quickly.  The question might be whether it is therapeutic or  just masking symptoms like the drugs they give injured athletes to finish a quarter.

Since we have heard of a number of cures like HCQ and disinfectants and intense light coming from this source, it might be good to wait for some more medical data before we get too excited. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, the13bats said:

Im not savvy on the "virus load" you know a person either has a disease or they dont, how sick they get i believe has more to do with the person, i am thinking the load part is about risk of spreading to others.

If you get infected in a lot of places at once the disease can get going quickly before the immune system can build up a defense against the virus. People are overwhelmed.

A good example of this came from a cruise ship that went out and ended up with a case of COVID-19. The crew was ready and handed out masks. Some of the mask wearers also ended up with COVID-19 but were mainly asymptomatic. The idea is that they were infected in very few places in their bodies and those spreading places were small enough that their immune systems were able to kick in before the disease overwhelmed the body. The links below show that the notion of viral load and COVID-19 has been considered for quite some time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_load

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/is-viral-load-key-to-understanding-coronaviruss-severity.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, F3SS said:

Predictably,  every liberal and anti-Trump person on the planet will be an expert on this medication within 2 hours to tell us how awful and terrible this medication is.

Predictably Trump is playing medical advisor. Trump promoted HCQ for months even well after it was shown not to be effective for COVID-19. He even promoted a toxin, oleandrin.

What about disinfectant injections and shining UV inside of people? He has downplayed the severity of the disease. He has overridden the CDC with his White House propaganda.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, toast said:

Because its still a NDA (New Drug Application) which is still subject to clinical trials which where established to prevent humans from harmful side effects, see for example the Thalidomide disaster in the 60s.

Okay I guess I didn't clarify my point of him contradicting himself? I should have integrated that last sentence into the second sentence of my post, so that it all ties into about Trump contradicting himself. Probably rephrase it.

If you were told this virus is no worst than the seasonal flu, would you think we need those NDA experimental drugs now before they are properly FDA approved for Covid-19? So why bother with that if Covid-19 is compared to the seasonal flu and is suppose to be not as deadly, is my point.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Okay I guess I didn't clarify my point of him contradicting himself? I should have integrated that last sentence into the second sentence of my post, so that it all ties into about Trump contradicting himself. Probably rephrase it.

If you were told this virus is no worst than the seasonal flu, would you think we need those NDA experimental drugs now before they are properly FDA approved for Covid-19? So why bother with that if Covid-19 is compared to the seasonal flu and is suppose to be not as deadly, is my point.

And that is what we WHERE told back in January. by the WHO ! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh wow! They did? I missed that. Hey you wouldn't have link to them being quoted on that would you? Maybe directly on their own website?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, stereologist said:

Trump promoted HCQ for months even well after it was shown not to be effective for COVID-19.

It’s still too soon to count out HCQ. This just-released study from Belgium gives hope for an affordable COVID-19 treatment:

“In conclusion, in this large nationwide observational study of patients hospitalised with COVID-19, HCQ monotherapy administered at a dosage of 2400 mg over 5 days was independently associated with a significant decrease in mortality compared with patients not treated with HCQ. This impact was observed both in the early and late treatment groups, suggesting that this benefit might be mediated by immunomodulatory properties, a hypothesis worth addressing as evidence of an antiviral activity of HCQ on SARS-CoV-2 appears increasingly inconsistent. Considering the availability and cheapness of HCQ, it seems worth further investigating the clinical effect of an optimised dosage of HCQ and designing add-on studies in ongoing trials to monitor, beyond viral shedding and infectiousness, a relevant set of inflammatory markers during the course of SARS-CoV-2 infection.“

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920303423?via%3Dihub

• Like 2

20 hours ago, F3SS said:

Indeed they will be desperate to disparage anything positive he does or says - through the last 4 years people have often said that if he found a cure for cancer it would be twisted to be wrong... and this could be the equivalent... the potential cure for Covid 19...

His enemies and the fear mongers worst nightmare come true......... 

Who could have predicted this twist in the Covid Tale so close to the election.... the dust had hardly settled from the 1st debate then boom Trump (and Melania and others) get Coronavirus... the Virus had been weaponized against Trump and was being used against him relentlessly... then he goes and gets it - makes a quick, near miraculous recovery ..... and now is determined to save Americans from it using his own experience and treatment  as the basis...  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, simplybill said:

It’s still too soon to count out HCQ. This just-released study from Belgium gives hope for an affordable COVID-19 treatment:

“In conclusion, in this large nationwide observational study of patients hospitalised with COVID-19, HCQ monotherapy administered at a dosage of 2400 mg over 5 days was independently associated with a significant decrease in mortality compared with patients not treated with HCQ. This impact was observed both in the early and late treatment groups, suggesting that this benefit might be mediated by immunomodulatory properties, a hypothesis worth addressing as evidence of an antiviral activity of HCQ on SARS-CoV-2 appears increasingly inconsistent. Considering the availability and cheapness of HCQ, it seems worth further investigating the clinical effect of an optimised dosage of HCQ and designing add-on studies in ongoing trials to monitor, beyond viral shedding and infectiousness, a relevant set of inflammatory markers during the course of SARS-CoV-2 infection.“

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920303423?via%3Dihub

This is not an RCT. It states "We conducted a retrospective analysis of in-hospital mortality in the Belgian national COVID-19 hospital surveillance data. "

Bolding mine.

It is not too soon to count out HCQ. This is a retrospective study. That means they looked back at records. The only studies showing some marginal good from HCQ came form such studies. Other retrospectives also showed trouble with HCQ. Did you read the report? Do you see the following.  This is a good report since it discusses its limitations and strengths.

Our study has several limitations and strengths. It is an observational study of data collected using standardised report forms during the most critical phase of the epidemic in Belgium. The cohort was established within an ongoing surveillance that aims at monitoring the epidemic and identifying risk factors for severe COVID-19 and unfavourable outcome. The evaluation of HCQ efficacy in this population was therefore not the primary objective of the data collection itself. Also, the actual HCQ dosage was not systematically checked, but qualitative surveys pointed out that the ‘low-dose’ recommendation was very well adhered to, since the risk of dose-dependent cardiotoxicity and the necessary precautions for use in patients at risk were particularly stressed in the treatment guidance [8]. Not surprisingly, HCQ has been less administered in several groups of patients with pre-existing conditions or co-medications that correspond to contra-indications of its use (cardiac and renal diseases). The implementation of this surveillance during the initial phase of the epidemic when hospitals were under pressure and its non-mandatory nature resulted in missing admission or discharge report forms for a sizeable proportion of patients. The absence of difference in baseline characteristics and in outcome for subgroups with missing data and the study population is somehow reassuring, although some hidden sources of bias cannot be fully excluded.

They even point out that HCQ does not appear to have antiviral properties as some have suggested.

All RCTs have shown HCQ does not work. There is not a single RCT even slightly suggestive that HCQ works.

It's a done issue until an RCT is done showing it works.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, simplybill said:

“Considering the availability and cheapness of HCQ, it seems worth further investigating the clinical effect of an optimised dosage of HCQ and designing add-on studies in ongoing trials to monitor, beyond viral shedding and infectiousness, a relevant set of inflammatory markers during the course of SARS-CoV-2 infection.“

21 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It's a done issue until an RCT is done showing it works.

I was aware of this when I posted. 

12 hours ago, Montmorency the Dog said:

I know obviously you're so desperate for Creepy Uncle Joe to win so that the world willbe rid of the evil one, but really, to close your eyes to what the Democrats are really like is just, well, it really, is. :no:

Let's let the people decide.  After all, it's a democracy, right - the majority should run the place.........?  You just better hope that:

- the rest of the world (ie every major leader and media service) is wrong about Trump.  (I guess the Dems pay us all to have the same view...)

- the polls are mistaken, like they were last time (I guess the Dems pay them as well to have the same view...) 

The difference this time around, imo, is that:

- Trump has outed himself and his approach and his lies and his immorality are now widely known - they weren't before..

- the ones keeping a low profile THIS time around, but who will come out to vote on the day or before, will be 'middle america', and they have learnt that not bothering to vote was a REALLY bad idea, so this time they will.

If I'm wrong about that, I'll happily apologise when the time comes.  And I guess you can always just change your identity - I'm pretty sure most Trumpers won't be apologising if they are wrong - they'll just kinda 'vanish'.  Again, I'll apologise for that sentiment too, if I'm wrong.

I'm not often wrong, although once I was wrong about my modesty......

:D  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Katniss said:

I grasp what you said both times but i dont were orange tinted glasses,

Thing is after 4 years of not stop braying bs, lies and misinformation from don i do not trust a word he tweets, so it would take a very sick bat and a lot of actual, real science based experts and drs opinions for me to use anything don suggested,

Im in a paradox, i do not believe he ever had covid yet it would take too many to lie to play out him faking it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Could you cite that in context please, RG.  You don't have a good reputation for correct memories.

I can help you with a page link, if you want, but really, you should CITE AT THE TIME YOU POST.  It's called 'honesty'.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I grasp what you said both times but i dont were orange tinted glasses,

Thing is after 4 years of not stop braying bs, lies and misinformation from don i do not trust a word he tweets, so it would take a very sick bat and a lot of actual, real science based experts and drs opinions for me to use anything don suggested,

Im in a paradox, i do not believe he ever had covid yet it would take too many to lie to play out him faking it.

How could he Not have it?  He has been all over the red states and letting his people interact with everyone and no one is wearing a mask, maybe the don't even wash their hands, then they hang out with him on what ever transportation they use.  The virus is real and many people in OK had it when they went unmasked to his rally in Tulsa. I don't remember where else he has been except Arizona which has less strict concern for the virus than OK does.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

How could he Not have it?  He has been all over the red states and letting his people interact with everyone and no one is wearing a mask

They've mostly been outside. We've been told for months these protests and riots aren't spreading Covid because they are outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1