Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump and Melania have coronavirus

ChrLzs

1 minute ago, ian hacktorp said:

Given that the actual DEATHS from Sars-Cov2 appear to be less than the common flu (some say as little as 1/3), it may be FAR better to let it run its course without tyrannical government mandates and the widespread destruction of people's lives and businesses.

That's just another bald faced lie. Deaths from COVID-19 are 6 to 20 times higher than the common flu.

Already the US has seen 3 1/2 times as many deaths as the common flu causes in an ordinary year and the year is not over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Given that the actual DEATHS from Sars-Cov2 appear to be less than the common flu (some say as little as 1/3), it may be FAR better to let it run its course without tyrannical government mandates and the widespread destruction of people's lives and businesses.

So far?    So far there have been,some say,  1/3  as many deaths as from an annual Seasonal Flu?  

Are you suggesting Washington inoculated troops with a live, attenuated-virus preparation?

Or, was it just pus from a lesion?

They received an innoculation. They were not exposed to infected people. It is very different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lightly said:

So far?    So far there have been,some say,  1/3  as many deaths as from an annual Seasonal Flu?  

Yes, when age and other co-morbidities are factored OUT.

Just now, lightly said:

Oop...I just noticed Stereologist's post ^

We just expect some posters to purposely post lies.

The CFR of the common flu is around 0.1%. The CFR of COVID-19 is around 2.8% but may go down.  That makes it far deadlier than the common flu.

The major outbreaks of COVID-19 have been in the areas first hit by the disease and afterward and now are all in places where the state government has avoided pushing the recommendations of the health experts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

They received an innoculation. They were not exposed to infected people. It is very different.

An inoculation consisting of WHAT?

Taking pus from an infected person's lesion and putting it into another person's open incision is not exposing them to that infected person?

Please expand on that.

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

Oop...I just noticed Stereologist's post ^

Right. Some posters will lie about endlessly about the death certificates. They pretend that they are smarter than all of the doctors that have signed those death certificates.

Their endless spewing of viral disinformation such as this shows they are as ignorant as dirt.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

Are you suggesting Washington inoculated troops with a live, attenuated-virus preparation?

Or, was it just pus from a lesion?

According to what I was reading...puss from a smallpox sore was put on a piece of string...which was placed on a cut on the soldiers arm.....which infected him with a milder case than a more usual transmission.     

• Like 1

An inoculation consisting of WHAT?

Taking pus from an infected person's lesion and putting it into another person's open incision is not exposing them to that infected person?

Please expand on that.

Are you a thick as you post? I believe you are.

Clearly, the transfer of pus is a controlled distribution something that exposure to the sick is not.

• Thanks 1

Clearly, the transfer of pus is a controlled distribution something that exposure to the sick is not.

Ahh...you just can't explain how.  Got it.

3 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

An inoculation consisting of WHAT?    virus

Taking pus.  <virus.   from an infected person's lesion and putting it into another person's open incision is not exposing them to that infected person?

Please expand on that.

virus.

According to what I was reading...puss from a smallpox sore was put on a piece of string...which was placed on a cut on the soldiers arm.....which infected him with a milder case than a more usual transmission.     

Absolutely. The goal was to reduce the viral exposure to a point where the immune system of the receiver could deal with the disease.

Exposure to the sick is uncontrolled and led to a CFR of 35%.  The innoculation had a CFR of 2%.

This was discussed earlier in terms of viral load, viral exposure, and the benefits of masks. This was about cruise ships and masks and many people were asymptomatic because of their use of masks.

• Like 1

The Chinese actually started this method of smallpox inoculation by blowing a dust of ground up smallpox scabs into a person's nose.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

Ahh...you just can't explain how.  Got it.

Already explained it.  You might try reading and learning instead of spreading your stupid lies.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lightly said:

virus.

This method appears aimed at infecting a (soldier) with smallpox virus, but in a small enough dose to trigger an immune response...but not enough for viral "overload".

This probably happened quite a bit with person-to-person contact, too.  There were also likely some soldier deaths from the inoculations as well.

• Like 1

Already explained it.  You might try reading and learning instead of spreading your stupid lies.

Actually, you didn't.

You just thought you did.

Eta:  still waiting...

Edited by ian hacktorp

Absolutely. The goal was to reduce the viral exposure to a point where the immune system of the receiver could deal with the disease.

Exposure to the sick is uncontrolled and led to a CFR of 35%.  The innoculation had a CFR of 2%.

This was discussed earlier in terms of viral load, viral exposure, and the benefits of masks. This was about cruise ships and masks and many people were asymptomatic because of their use of masks.

Excellent.     Yes !  Viral Dose.   I guess, it's amount of virus taken in at the time of infection?     I think  "Viral Load"  is actually the term for the amount of virus present in an infected person?

• Like 2

Small pox is a disease called variola. What Washington did was a technique that was called variolation, from the name of the disease.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variolation

A controlled and limited transfer of the pathogen was used. The idea of variolaton has also been considered with COVID-19 since at least June.

• Thanks 1

Actually, you didn't.

You just thought you did.

Eta:  still waiting...

You can read my explanation. Please turn your brain on and learn.

2 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

This method appears aimed at infecting a (soldier) with smallpox virus, but in a small enough dose to trigger an immune response...but not enough for viral "overload".

This probably happened quite a bit with person-to-person contact, too.  There were also likely some soldier deaths from the inoculations as well.

Yes !      The more controlled exposure somehow resulted in milder ...more predictable cases..  And, Yes !  With a much lower death rate... Still around 5 or 10 %.  ...but much better .

• Like 1

Excellent.     Yes !  Viral Dose.   I guess, it's amount of virus taken in at the time of infection?     I think  "Viral Load"  is actually the term for the amount of virus present in an infected person?

Right. It is the measure of virus within a person. 

If someone is exposed uncontrollably and possibly at many points across the body the disease such as COVID-19 can overwhelm the body's defenses. 

There does not appear to be a cure for a virus At best we gear up the immune system to be ready to defend against a virus.

Just now, stereologist said:

You can read my explanation. Please turn your brain on and learn.

I see your explanation now, and, as usual, you are playing silly semantical games.

Claiming that Washington's "inoculation" is somehow not exposing someone to an infected person is your typical twaddle.

It is PRECISELY that, under what are, hopefully, controlled conditions.

Nice try.  You lose again.

Just now, ian hacktorp said:

I see your explanation now, and, as usual, you are playing silly semantical games.

Claiming that Washington's "inoculation" is somehow not exposing someone to an infected person is your typical twaddle.

It is PRECISELY that, under what are, hopefully, controlled conditions.

Nice try.  You lose again.

I see you forgot to turn on your brain. That's okay. I always expect that from someone who does nothing but  spew VD.

I see you have no defense for your ignorant lie about the lethality of COVID-19.