Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Local Urban Legends

Spooky Shiba

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

To be fair I did say I couldn't be bothered. :unsure2:

Then why did you bother making your original comment if you never intended to add to this thread?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

If anybody can be bothered researching for me, I live in Bridgend, Wales. Highly doubt there is anything though. :P

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Just add Urban Legends to that and google search it.

42 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

To be fair I did say I couldn't be bothered. :unsure2:

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Then why did you bother making your original comment if you never intended to add to this thread?

Stop this particular argument stream please. The OP is asking for people to share UL legends they have.. not to bicker about looking for ads. That is for another thread, if ThereWe are then or others would like to start threads about that. 

11 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

When I was in school, we made up an crappy story about there being psychopaths just outside of school boundary in the near forest, so we went there on our lunch break. No idea why we came up with it but I used to love going there on lunch and after school!

Oh and one of my mates claimed there was a Xenomorph nest outside her house. I **** you not.

Not really urban legends but I can't think of any at all in my area.

When I was in elementary we would make up stories as well, but it was a scarecrow that made girls vanish from the girl's bathroom in the basement of the school. I used to be so terrified LOL 

Well let's hope that the Xenomorph nest isn't real :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, griss47 said:

I grew up in the area of Zombie Road and still live in the area today.  It's now a bike/jogging path in a County Park.  And, to be a stickler, the river it follows is spelled Meramec.

Thanks for the correct.

The video of a cougar chasing a runner (based on the video the runner was not running, he was walking backwards) reminded me of an urban legend in the area I live from the 90's.  Apparently some guy hiking alone in the mountains decided to take a nap on a nice warm rock in the sun and woke up later feeling someone or something against his back.  It was a cougar sharing the rock to nap on curled up against his back.  He decided to just be still until the cougar left.   :lol:  I am sure it was just a story for entertainment.

There was another one that got around the southwest recently, but before Trump was elected.  A woman standing in line behind a person talking on the phone in another language and some man yelled her that she should quit talking Spanish on the phone and go back to Mexico if she wanted to speak Spanish,  The woman was Navajo and told him "I was speaking Navajo and if you want to speak English go back to England!".  It did happen in Albuquerque, my friend was the woman standing in line between them.  But I saw it all over the internet with different details, so it became an urban legend.  I assume the angry man was from somewhere east, where the spaniards did not make such a huge impact as here.  And people forget, the spaniards claimed this part of the U.S. long before the English started their colonies.

Edited by Desertrat56