Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK's UFO files reveal West Midlands sightings

UM-Bot

Wow.  21 sightings of bright lights over a 12 year period.  That's like, omigod, 2 a year.  Nothing could explain that.......

Has Worcestershire now moved into the digital age and got a mobile network for those smart phone thingies, you know, the ones that have cameras?  It's a pity they oviously didn't back in those dim dark days of history.  Also, it seems remarkable that not one of the likely very capable amateur astronomy buffs in that region didn't pony up with their night time sky camera footage that would corroborate any sightings, as well as being used to identify times and directions and speeds so as to identify exactly what type of aircraft or choppers or drones or advertising blimps or sky lanterns, etc they were.

Sorry - forgive my sarcasm, but .. REALLY?  Nothing but silly CGI pictures at that link, no citations or quotes... so don't waste your time.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Has Worcestershire now moved into the digital age and got a mobile network for those smart phone thingies, you know, the ones that have cameras? 

Nah, we burned down all the masts cos dey is the work of Satan :D

But seriously, when has a mobile phone picture/video ever shown anything useful?   Especially at night.   And to be fair some of the sightings mentioned date to last century.   

I did see a UFO from the Malverns once - a very bright moving light to the northeast.   Then the airliner changed direction to land at Birmingham airport and the UFO therefore disappeared .....    I was living in Evesham in 2009 but have no recollection of an "orange craft" (or any report in the local media at the time).   I have, however, seen a number of Chinese lanterns drift over my house over the years..  Sometimes in groups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

It doesn't say there are no photos.

Sigh.

There are 3 photos there - two are very obvious cgi creations, and the other just shows a starry night sky.  The article does not contain ANY relevant photos, nor does it refer to them, nor does it even give a citation for any of the reports.

To me, that means that there are no photos that the author of the report had, or wanted to share.  Agreed?

So you seem to be suggesting there are photos.  If not, then why the hell would you post that inanity?  If so, reference them - either post them here or cite a link to them.

Semi-related to this article (I'm sure there will be an article about it possibly) but apparently a very clear photo of a UFO, taken by two journalists, being pursued by military jets in the UK, which has photo negative proof and was provided to the MoD at the time (1990) was due to be released in January 1st 2021 has been blocked from being released by the MoD for another 50 years. Meaning it won't be out until 2072 (so 82 years in total). Lots of people have called for this decision to be revised. The only evidence of the event is a painting recreation that viewers of the original photo and negatives had made. Pic related (again, this isn't the ACTUAL photograph but a recreation). A bit of a shame that the MoD, which has often been quite forthcoming with stuff about UFO's (at least stuff they deem safe enough to release) the decision NOT to do this one seems quite suspect. Lets hope enough pressure is put on them to reverse the decision, though I hold no hope.

The alternative is, of course, the entire thing is fake and made up in general and it was never planned to be released and there is nothing to release because it's all made up. However for the sake of the topic I'll assume it is legit.

1_ILR_CVL_160715alien_01.jpg

Edited by Troublehalf

Related to this too. In 2003 the now nicknamed Belgian Triangle was picked up in radar, plenty if eye witnesses spotted it including police in the ground who were sent to investigate. Two F16 planes were sent to intercept and got a visual before the object shot off out of sight in a second or two at approx 40G, no human could withstand that. The Belgian chief of staff (i thjnkmthat was his title) went into television to explain that there is nothing man made that can di what that object sis and suggested it was alien. 

So 2 sightings a year in the West Midlands seems entirely possible, maybe a little on the high side? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Related to this too. In 2003 the now nicknamed Belgian Triangle was picked up in radar, plenty if eye witnesses spotted it including police in the ground who were sent to investigate. Two F16 planes were sent to intercept and got a visual before the object shot off out of sight in a second or two at approx 40G, no human could withstand that. The Belgian chief of staff (i thjnkmthat was his title) went into television to explain that there is nothing man made that can di what that object sis and suggested it was alien.

Though scientists pored over the picture of a triangular-shaped flying saucer with four lights, allegedly photographed in April 1990 by a young worker, the mystery remained intact until the man's revelation on the RTL-TVI network.

Made of polystyrene in a matter of hours and photographed that night, the picture was released after several sightings of UFOs over Belgium in 1989 and 1990.

Then aged 18, the man identified only as Patrick said he and a few friends "made it, painted it, hung it up and then photographed it".

phys.org

On 10/12/2020 at 9:16 AM, toast said:

Which is why two F16 pilots were interviewed and one of Belgium's most senior military personnel went into television to discuss it and radar tracked it moving at speed. I'm still sticking to the notion it was probably extra terrestrial. 

Just now, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I'm still sticking to the notion it was probably extra terrestrial. 

No because I`m pretty sure Belgium to be the most uninteresting and boring place in the whole Orion Arm. At least.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, toast said:

No because I`m pretty sure Belgium to be the most uninteresting and boring place in the whole Orion Arm. At least.

Some great beers though.