Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Satellite Pyramid of Dahshur


Thanos5150

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wepwawet said:

This reminds me of an attempt to see a human figure in the ground plan of the temple of Amun at Karnak.

Bloody obvious, really.

Plan of Temple of Amun-Re and Hypostyle Hall. Karnak, near Luxor, Egypt.  New Kingdom, 18th and 19th Dynas… | Ancient egypt history, Ap art history  250, Egyptian art

I can clearly see the liver, the spleen and the corpus callosum.  (And I didn't just look that one up, honest.)  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Bloody obvious, really.

Plan of Temple of Amun-Re and Hypostyle Hall. Karnak, near Luxor, Egypt.  New Kingdom, 18th and 19th Dynas… | Ancient egypt history, Ap art history  250, Egyptian art

I can clearly see the liver, the spleen and the corpus callosum.  (And I didn't just look that one up, honest.)  

I think if it were rotated 90 degrees left it may, on a dark and foggy night, pass for a Dalek.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

Which leads to, as already mentioned, why even build this series of relieving chambers when one is sufficient, as in the Queen's Chamber with a far larger mass of stone above it. Something is clearly going on here that we have not latched onto, or, the builders were doing a "belt and braces" even if they did not need to. As far as the void is concerned, I'm happy to go with the ideas of Houdin until proved wrong. It may seem trite, but a trip into the re-creation of G1 in the game Assassin's Creed Origins does give a better view of all this than drawings, and the re-creation does include the extra chambers proposed by Houdin. It's fun not science, but it does give a sort of more spacial feel for the thing.

There is a series of corbel vaulted "relieving corridors" in Meidum: 

6-59f711b801.jpg

It is very possible this what the voids are in G1 and also that most if not all of the major pyrmaids have similar features. 

Above the gabled ceiling in the burial chamber of G3 is a single "relieving chamber":

tomb.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

There is a series of corbel vaulted "relieving corridors" in Meidum: 

6-59f711b801.jpg

It is very possible this what the voids are in G1 and also that most if not all of the major pyrmaids have similar features. 

Above the gabled ceiling in the burial chamber of G3 is a single "relieving chamber":

tomb.jpg

 

It's been suggested that if this G1 void is like a second GG directly above the one we know, then it might be to relieve the GG. I would ask what then relieves this suggested second GG. It's a bit of a rabbit hole.

Houdin does suggest that his proposed extra chambers in G1 follow the same general plan as at Meidum, these chanbers leading to a descending passage joining up with the entrance corridor. Which would give two routes to the King's Chamber. Not too sure about why they would do that, not least for security reasons.

Though I always keep in the mind the square block in the King's Chamber facing the end of the sarcophagus. The block that is large enough that the sarcophagus could fit through any hole it may be hiding, the block that looks out of place to those around it, the block that does not even rate a mention in the tome of Lehner and Hawass, or any other publication I have read. And it sits right where any potential undiscovered chambers may join to the King's Chamber. The game, not quite so trivial really, has this block as the entry to Houdin's scheme.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

It's been suggested that if this G1 void is like a second GG directly above the one we know, then it might be to relieve the GG. I would ask what then relieves this suggested second GG. It's a bit of a rabbit hole.

Houdin does suggest that his proposed extra chambers in G1 follow the same general plan as at Meidum, these chanbers leading to a descending passage joining up with the entrance corridor. Which would give two routes to the King's Chamber. Not too sure about why they would do that, not least for security reasons.

Though I always keep in the mind the square block in the King's Chamber facing the end of the sarcophagus. The block that is large enough that the sarcophagus could fit through any hole it may be hiding, the block that looks out of place to those around it, the block that does not even rate a mention in the tome of Lehner and Hawass, or any other publication I have read. And it sits right where any potential undiscovered chambers may join to the King's Chamber. The game, not quite so trivial really, has this block as the entry to Houdin's scheme.

is the stone to right of the fellow the one you are referring too?

KingsChamber150b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

is the stone to right of the fellow the one you are referring too?

KingsChamber150b.jpg

No, that's part of the blocking stone for the entrance. The stone in question just a bit further back on the right. There's a decent photo of it somewhere with the block highlighted, but not sure where it is right now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

If you had any evidence for what you say, then I think you would be only to willing to share it, I know I would. So please do not shout when you are standing on quicksand, your exertions will only cause you to sink further. Calm deliberation is needed.

Calm deliberation indeed!!! 

BY DEFINITION a pyramid of double the height requires eight times as much work if all else is equal.  But all else is not equal if they had built them with ramps because ramp efficiency drops off precipitously above about 150'.  These are not opinions but are by definition.  By definition I mean that this is the property of reality and what we mean by "pyramid".   A pyramid twice as high requires eight times the work (six times the stone) because by definition the volume of a pyramid is the cube of the height and its weight is raised to a quarter of this doubled height, which is double the smaller pyramid.  These terms all drop out leaving the larger pyramid eight times as much work by definition.  Just as lines parallel to the base of a pyramid can't be inclined by definition the little pyramids were very very very easy to build by definition.  

Actually knowing the means to build is critically important because the means determines how much efficiency decreases with altitude.  If they used ramps then efficiency could have dropped as low as 1% for the capstone but using the means actually in evidence it could have been as high as 20%.  This would imply that G1 built with ramps could take 1000 times more work than the largest satellite pyramid and even more if ramps had to be built and dismantled repeatedly to clad and finish the structure.  It also would mean ALL OF THIS ADDITIUONAL wastage of effort had to have occurred on cramped ramps by definition.   

No matter how many times I "share" this it doesn't seem to get through to most people.  Men need room to work and how they built tiny little piles of rubble is irrelevant to how great pyramids were built.  I believe that in all probability the tiny rubble pyramids were built the exact same way; stones were pulled up from above.  

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

So, Merer could not speak the language of who, those who he worked for, his king. How can Merer, an Egyptian from the OK, not speak the same language as other OK Egyptians. You seem to be saying that Merer spoke Middle Egyptian hundreds of years before it is first encountered, and that these unspecified other OK Egyptians, his comtempories, were speaking Old Egyptian, and that one could not understand the other. Is this what you are saying ?

Apparently few people could speak the original human language by the time of Merer.  Most people spoke a pidgin form of the language which would make sense to us if any survived.   

But this is all irrelevant anyway because there is nothing in Merer's Diary that particularly supports our assumptions.   As I specifically stated Merer's Diary actually contradicted Egyptological theory on a couple points.   Whatever Merer  might have spoken doesn't really matter because the language that does survive makes no sense at all.  It is so nonsensical that we believe it is magic and religion.  Merer apparently did not speak this though it is difficult to tell from a collection of short and one word sentences.  

 

Again Merer's Diary does not support the idea that the pyramids were built with ramps by superstitious people who were just like later Egyptians as tombs and that a pyramid twice as tall required twice the work.  I believe these are modern superstitions just like the belief that eight years of college makes one able to understand translations of the Pyramid Texts.  I see no evidence satellite pyramids are tombs or that anyone understands the PT or Merer's Diary though, obviously, the latter has some useable information.  At the very least it disproves that Khufu ruled only 20 years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, cladking said:

Apparently few people could speak the original human language by the time of Merer.  Most people spoke a pidgin form of the language which would make sense to us if any survived.   But this is all irrelevant anyway because there is nothing in Merer's Diary that particularly supports our assumptions.   As I specifically stated Merer's Diary actually contradicted Egyptological theory on a couple points.   Whatever Merer  might have spoken doesn't really matter because the language that does survive makes no sense at all.  It is so nonsensical that we believe it is magic and religion.  Merer apparently did not speak this though it is difficult to tell from a collection of short and one word sentences.  Again Merer's Diary does not support the idea that the pyramids were built with ramps by superstitious people who were just like later Egyptians as tombs and that a pyramid twice as tall required twice the work.  I believe these are modern superstitions just like the belief that eight years of college makes one able to understand translations of the Pyramid Texts.  I see no evidence satellite pyramids are tombs or that anyone understands the PT or Merer's Diary though, obviously, the latter has some useable information.  At the very least it disproves that Khufu ruled only 20 years.  

What

on

Earth

are

you

talking

about

?

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hello, cladking. A reminder not to try to highjack a thread that is not even relevant to your agenda in the first place. This a discussion forum. If you can't provide any research or evidence, you shouldn't be trying to insert your theme, anyway. Thanks.

By DEFINITION a pyramid half as tall requires 1/8th the work.  Merer's Diary DOES NOT support our assumptions,. 

I will avoid allowing others to draw me off topic in the future.

Edited by cladking
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yes like a fellow here once tried to convince people that if you linked up certain AE building sites on a 'look down map' they would resemble a figure of one of the gods.

Sounds very seedy to me....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Here it is

 

 

 

Possible blocking stone.jpg

Ah, I see it's not a separate block but just one that stands out from the others in wall?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, cladking said:

  Merer's Diary DOES NOT support our assumptions

Your claim is rejected for no supporting evidence (as per your normal MO).

 2 hours ago, cladking said:

Apparently few people could speak the original human language by the time of Merer.  Most people spoke a pidgin form of the language which would make sense to us if any survived.   

This debunks your often stated 'fact' that this happened in 2000 BC but then its all fake stuff from your imagination

Quote

 Whatever Merer  might have spoken doesn't really matter because the language that does survive makes no sense at all.

Only to you Clad, only you. Since you cannot speak the language why would anyone take you seriously?

Edited by Hanslune
Link to comment
Share on other sites

deleted

Edited by Hanslune
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hello, cladking. A reminder not to try to highjack a thread that is not even relevant to your agenda in the first place. This a discussion forum. If you can't provide any research or evidence, you shouldn't be trying to insert your theme, anyway. Thanks.

Howdy kmt_sesh, good to hear from you, oops my mistake replied to some of our mad grumbler before I read your message.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Sounds very seedy to me....

You seem to remember it then......

2796448_orig.png

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2020 at 1:16 AM, Thanos5150 said:

Gadzooks. You are anything if not consistent. You do know architectural plans are drawings, right? I can't read-what does it mean:

khufu-interior-view.GIF

 

Noooo!!!!

Yeah, so the workers are idiots and no one else steals stuff, let alone people who did not work on them, and they can't even "read" anyways so lets just keep the plans lying around for anyone to find. Sure we'll be fine. 

Yes, thank you, I know what architectural drawings are.  And there's nothing like the picture you just showed us anywhere except in modern times.  Furthermore, it wouldn't tell you how high up the opening is or where it's situated on the face (side to side) or once in there the proportion of things (the crawl spaces, etc.)

 

It doesn't require any reading skills to mark a spot as you construct something.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We mustn't forget Luxor Temple and crackpot Schwaller de Lubicz's 'Temple in Man'

luxortempleofmancopy.jpg.2df9313579a4371dea7b3a74853ec3f1.jpg

Apparently when he's a temple he's wobbly kneed.  Who knew?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Yes, thank you, I know what architectural drawings are.  And there's nothing like the picture you just showed us anywhere except in modern times.  Furthermore, it wouldn't tell you how high up the opening is or where it's situated on the face (side to side) or once in there the proportion of things (the crawl spaces, etc.)

 

It doesn't require any reading skills to mark a spot as you construct something.

/Some/ people don't know how to talk to a lady, apparently.

--Jaylemurph

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Wistman said:

We mustn't forget Luxor Temple and crackpot Schwaller de Lubicz's 'Temple in Man'

luxortempleofmancopy.jpg.2df9313579a4371dea7b3a74853ec3f1.jpg

Apparently when he's a temple he's wobbly kneed.  Who knew?

Okay, so I was wrong about it being a Dalek, I now see it's a Cyberman. I guess the Great Sphinx is K9 then.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Okay, so I was wrong about it being a Dalek, I now see it's a Cyberman. I guess the Great Sphinx is K9 then.

What are you smoking?  It's clearly a sonic screwdriver.  Model 4c, with extra clever sticky-out bits.  And a sonic spanner at the top.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Ah, I see it's not a separate block but just one that stands out from the others in wall?

According to Houdin, and I cannot find an online quote, this block is not load bearing. The gap around it is larger than the other blocks, and it juts out slightly. If it had put into place with the other blocks and there was nothing behind it, it would be flush with the other blocks and there would not be this slight gap around it, a gap needed if it were to be slid into place after the other blocks had been placed. It is large enouth for the sarcophagus to fit through any gap if the block were removed, and the sarcophagus is lined up exactly with this block, as if it had been slid into place via this suggested gap in the wall. Another factor is that the gap used as an entrance is too small to fit the sarcophagus through, so it was either placed when the floor to the chamber had been completed and before the walls were constructed, or slid into place from this suggested gap. It seems to me to be far more convenient to place the sarcophagus during construction, but that block is an issue.

Edited by Wepwawet
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

 so it was either placed when the floor to the chamber had been completed and before the walls were constructed, or slid into place from this suggested gap. It seems to me to be far more convenient to place the sarcophagus during construction, but that block is an issue.

Isn't the sarcophagus considered a "rush job" due to it's relative crudeness?  Rushed but not in time before the chamber was scheduled for completion.. This side stone might have been the workaround

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.