Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S Police Forces misconduct thread

Vorg

Heres one that gets me thinking,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/you-are-going-to-get-your-a---whooped-trooper-wont-be-charged-for-violent-stop-involving-black-driver/2020/10/05/961b2e0e-0697-11eb-859b-f9c27abe638d_story.html

So the driver has expired tag decal and pulled over and you can get a ticket for that the LEO think they small weed and i have no clue the weed laws there.

The driver films the encounter and i cant help but wonder was that cop trained by watching bad cop comedies? He seems to be some exaggerated cartoon version of a LEO,

So he shows just how a LEO shouldnt act or treat a person, hes not facing charges and on admin leave, in other words paid vacation for acting like an overbearing control freak nutball,

He will likely be put right back to work and likely learned nothing and will do it again, hes likely done it before this is just the first time he got filmed, these are they type guys who ruin it for good LEOs who want to do a good job.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I lived in Waterloo, IL when I was a teen.  For a short time the town to the north (which was just south of East St. Louis would gate the highway from East St. Louis from 11pm till 4am because the crime was too much in those late hours.   This didn't last long as they were taken to court for it.  

East St. Louis was a bad town, I stayed out of it but I have been there. I don't remember them ever closing the Bridge back to St. Louis. When did you in Waterloo?

3 hours ago, aztek said:

"When police arrived, I'm told, he raised his hands and attempted to explain what was going on," Merritt said in the post. "Police fired tasers at him and when his body convulsed from the electrical current, they 'perceived a threat' and shot him to death."

i have strong feeling  cop did not preceive him as a threat,  it is just the excuse, nor i believe race had any role in it, i think  the cop saw him convulse, and realised he may be seriously hurt, or die, and there would be a lawsuit against him and the dept, he may go to prison for killing a complaint man ,so he shot him dead, "in defence" to prevent that. so it seems like he acted by the book,and rightfully shot him, but it looks like premeditated murder to me.

Could be. I have seen a few videos where a wounded suspect is denied medical assistance until dead, or almost dead. Some Police seem to be judge, jury and executioner or covering up their crimes at times.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Could be. I have seen a few videos where a wounded suspect is denied medical assistance until dead, or almost dead. Some Police seem to be judge, jury and executioner or covering up their crimes at times.

they almost never allow emt to work on people they shoot until they make sure they are dead,  dead men tell no stories nor sue.  

have you noticed any other shooting more people survive than die, with police shootings, almost no one survives,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

they almost never allow emt to work on people they shoot until they make sure they are dead,  dead men tell no stories nor sue.  

have you noticed any other shooting more people survive than die, with police shootings, almost no one survives,

Oh yeah. And many Police shootings were the cameras were "off" "edited" "lost" or the guys camera who was furthest from the scene and saw nothing. Absolute corruption.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

East St. Louis was a bad town, I stayed out of it but I have been there. I don't remember them ever closing the Bridge back to St. Louis. When did you in Waterloo?

Not the bridge back to St. Louis.  It was all on the Illinois side.

I lived in Waterloo from 1981-1986.   Before that I lived in Imperial Missouri which is pretty much St. Louis.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

Heres one that gets me thinking,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/you-are-going-to-get-your-a---whooped-trooper-wont-be-charged-for-violent-stop-involving-black-driver/2020/10/05/961b2e0e-0697-11eb-859b-f9c27abe638d_story.html

So the driver has expired tag decal and pulled over and you can get a ticket for that the LEO think they small weed and i have no clue the weed laws there.

The driver films the encounter and i cant help but wonder was that cop trained by watching bad cop comedies? He seems to be some exaggerated cartoon version of a LEO,

So he shows just how a LEO shouldnt act or treat a person, hes not facing charges and on admin leave, in other words paid vacation for acting like an overbearing control freak nutball,

He will likely be put right back to work and likely learned nothing and will do it again, hes likely done it before this is just the first time he got filmed, these are they type guys who ruin it for good LEOs who want to do a good job.

That one is debatable to me.

If an Officer ask to search my vehicle I would say "No, and you have no reasonable suspicion or probable cause to search it if you are asking me."

If they had a reasonable suspicion or probable cause, they aren't going to be asking to search your vehicle.

So any search beyond asking me should be deemed illegal.

• Like 2

Officer charged with murder for shooting Black man who tried to break up a dispute

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/officer-charged-murder-shooting-black-065743593.html

if he is tried by a judge, aka bench trial, he'll walk, with jury trial maybe he'll be convicted, but no way he'll be sentenced for more than 10 years ,but actually  serving half or less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

That one is debatable to me.

If an Officer ask to search my vehicle I would say "No, and you have no reasonable suspicion or probable cause to search it if you are asking me."

If they had a reasonable suspicion or probable cause, they aren't going to be asking to search your vehicle.

So any search beyond asking me should be deemed illegal.

My issues wasnt with the infraction by the driver he did have an expired license plate my issue was the cop not being the least bit professinal and his superiors agreed yet he isnt held responsible,

The driver played his game but the burden is on LEO to be professinal that cop wasnt and should have some repercussions.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

My issues wasnt with the infraction by the driver he did have an expired license plate my issue was the cop not being the least bit professinal and his superiors agreed yet he isnt held responsible,

The driver played his game but the burden is on LEO to be professinal that cop wasnt and should have some repercussions.

I hear that. That is especially disturbing hearing that type of language and attitude from a State Trooper.  

55 minutes ago, aztek said:

Officer charged with murder for shooting Black man who tried to break up a dispute

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/officer-charged-murder-shooting-black-065743593.html

if he is tried by a judge, aka bench trial, he'll walk, with jury trial maybe he'll be convicted, but no way he'll be sentenced for more than 10 years ,but actually  serving half or less.

The whole situation is ridiculous. The guy breaks up a disturbance which is calmed down by the time Police arrive, and when he tries to explain what happened with hands up, he is tased, convulses, and shot dead. They need to quit hiring Police who do not have a brain.

And once again from post #12 Even SCJ Sotomeyer said qualified immunity "tells officers that they can shoot first and think later."

But it looks like qualified immunity won't apply here, and It shouldn't.

Edited by South Alabam

3 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The whole situation is ridiculous. The guy breaks up a disturbance which is calmed down by the time Police arrive, then he tries to explain what happened with hands up and is tased, convulses, and shot dead. They need to quit hiring Police who do not have a brain.

they do have brain, they are not totally dumb, he realized pretty quick he'll be in hot water for tasing a compliant man, so he used their "training" to kill him, not to get in troubles, he is a cop, entire dept and court are on his side,  he knew it, and had no problem killing someone knowing he'll face no consequences , most likely another cop in his place would do exactly the same thing,  civilians lives are worthless to them. that is the concept they are being taught in academy, 

12 hours ago, Myles said:

Not the bridge back to St. Louis.  It was all on the Illinois side.

I lived in Waterloo from 1981-1986.   Before that I lived in Imperial Missouri which is pretty much St. Louis.  

Thanks for you reply, I suppose the reason I was not familiar with that policy was because I was already in the military when it started. I grew up in Maryland Heights Missouri not far from Creve Cour Park, my parents had a home built there in 1964.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I hear that. That is especially disturbing hearing that type of language and attitude from a State Trooper.  

It was so bad it seemed staged like faked for a jackass comedy bit but sadly wasnt,  the LEO sounded like a not to bright testosterone seething he-man at a trump rally or nascar kegger,  not a well trained professional LEO on the job.

• Like 1

New Footage Shows Phoenix Police Mocking Muslim Man's Faith as They Kneel on Neck, Killing Him

New body-camera footage released last Wednesday revealed Phoenix police insulted Muhammad Muhaymin Jr.’s faith while he pleaded for help before his death.

HuffPost reports that Muhaymin could be heard multiple times pleading with officers that he couldn’t breathe. At one point, Muhaymin calls out to Allah for help to which one of the officers responds, “Allah? He’s not going to help you right now.” The footage depicts multiple officers pinning Muhaymin to the ground with at least one placing their knees on his neck and back.
  • Sad 3

I think a lot of the problem with Police is the length of time it takes to become a officer..  Over here its 6 to 9 months.. answers online vary for the US..  I honestly think it needs to be longer.. 

A teacher has to do 4 years to get their degree.. most trades are the same.. nurses .. 2 to 4 years.. I think most countries rush through training their officers to get them on the street.. hence why we all have similar problems when it comes to officer conduct..

Two jobs in this day and age I would not do.. is a Teacher or a Police Officer.. I have friends that are cops and others that are teachers.. The BS that they put up with these days.. 

Still say everything went down hill when they stopped corporal punishment in schools over here.. I know some states in the US still have it .. (ya lucky b*****s) 

it is not the time,  it is entire concept of policing in usa. 

for nypd it is 6mo academy, for nys trooper 1095 hours,  for a sheriff deputy in the middle of nowhere, it may take few weeks. but none of it matters when 

Justice Sonia Sotomayor dissented in an opinion joined by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The court is sending a signal that officers “can shoot first and think later,” Sotomayor wrote

it seems foreigners,  can't grasp the fact that  police is doing exactly what they are trained to do,  it is not about individual cops, it is about entire police force, they are issued a license to kill, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, aztek said:

it is not the time,  it is entire concept of policing in usa. 

for nypd it is 6mo academy, for nys trooper 1095 hours,  for a sheriff deputy in the middle of nowhere, it may take few weeks. but none of it matters when 

it seems foreigners,  can't grasp the fact that  police is doing exactly what they are trained to do,  it is not about individual cops, it is about entire police force, they are issued a license to kill, 

Exactly. That is why reform is needed at the National level for all States to comply with. But I don't see that coming, which is why this thread will never end, sadly.

1 hour ago, DingoLingo said:

I think a lot of the problem with Police is the length of time it takes to become a officer..  Over here its 6 to 9 months.. answers online vary for the US..  I honestly think it needs to be longer.. 

A teacher has to do 4 years to get their degree.. most trades are the same.. nurses .. 2 to 4 years.. I think most countries rush through training their officers to get them on the street.. hence why we all have similar problems when it comes to officer conduct..

Two jobs in this day and age I would not do.. is a Teacher or a Police Officer.. I have friends that are cops and others that are teachers.. The BS that they put up with these days.. 

Still say everything went down hill when they stopped corporal punishment in schools over here.. I know some states in the US still have it .. (ya lucky b*****s) 

Some of our State Troopers are required to hold a Bachelors degree. They seem to be the more polite and professional kind of Officers generally, and then you get Troopers like The 13bats post #26 above who acted like a bad ass muscle head. Very unprofessional.

Edited by South Alabam

as long as police is enforcer of govt's will, and use fear, it will never change, that is exactly what gvmnt wants them to be.

just like a guard dog, you expect people to fear being bitten, and train the dog to be super aggressive, and you reward the dog for attacking and biting whoever comes on your property, same concept with police.

that bullcrap about keeping people safe, and protecting them is a lie gvmnt wants us to believe, or we would rebel

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/georgia-deputy-fired-after-pointing-gun-at-handcuffed-man-s-face/ar-BB19Pdpi?ocid=msedgdhp

A Georgia sheriff's deputy was fired after she pointed her gun at a handcuffed man's face to force him into a patrol car, authorities said.

She held her weapon under his chin to force him into the vehicle. The other Deputy reported her. Had the weapon discharged, what excuse would she have used?

Edited by South Alabam

This video might help explain why some unarmed people are shot. The reaction time the police actually have to a incident.

There was a old man pulled over by police at night and the old man got out of his truck and reached into the bed of his pickup and pulled out a long item and was shot for it. Well turns out the item was his cane. First mistake was the old man should've stayed in the vehicle, second mistake was the old man reached into the bed of his pickup and pulled out the object. The officer had just seconds to make a decision as to his intentions and as the video will show if you wait to identify the object in the persons hand you may well end up on the receiving end.

I know many on here will say the officers need to identify if the person actually has a weapon or not but as the video will show it could be a death sentence for either party.

Yes police need better training but also when the public interact with a police officer they also should know what their actions may lead to.

Yes there are bully cops and you'll always have them.

• Thanks 2

any move can be perceived as danger,  so that is basically a licence to kill. 

why does chinese police kill fraction of people ours does in a country of 1.5 billion,

Edited by aztek

Lets see, from OP's first link: "At least 85,000 law enforcement officers across the USA have been investigated or disciplined for misconduct over the past decade, an investigation by USA TODAY Network found."

Now, there are over 650000 full time law enforcement officers in US (average number over decade). Next, 85000 per decade, makes 8500 per year, and that is ~1.3% of bad apples amongst LEOs. IMHO, its not "Not a "few bad apples"".

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 12:46 PM, aztek said:

why does chinese police kill fraction of people ours does in a country of 1.5 billion,

Perhaps because the Chinese are not armed. 

• Like 1