Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S Police Forces misconduct thread

Vorg

29 minutes ago, WVK said:

irrelevant numbers, only about 22% of american households have guns registered to them,  that is less than 1\4.   in usa an average gun owner has  more guns than anywhere else, but it does not make him anymore dangerous than if he had 1.

https://wamu.org/story/20/09/18/how-many-people-in-the-u-s-own-guns/

switzerland  28% of households have guns, more than in usa,  their cops barely shot anyone,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_Switzerland#:~:text=The 2017 report from Small,27.6 guns per 100 residents. they are also allowed to have full auto military weapons, no mass shooting there

in canada 26% of households have guns, again more than in usa, and their cops shoot only few people a year. 

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/csj-sjc/jsp-sjp/wd98_4-dt98_4/p2.html

so it is not amount of guns per capita.  keep trying though,  i like debunking irrelevant use of stats. 

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aztek said:

irrelevant numbers, only about 22% of american households have guns registered to them,  that is less than 1\4.   in usa an average gun owner has  more guns than anywhere else, but it does not make him anymore dangerous than if he had 1.

https://wamu.org/story/20/09/18/how-many-people-in-the-u-s-own-guns/

switzerland  27% of households have guns, more than in usa,  their cops barely shot anyone,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_Switzerland#:~:text=The 2017 report from Small,27.6 guns per 100 residents.

in canada 26% of households have guns, again more than in usa, and their cops shoot only few people a year.

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/csj-sjc/jsp-sjp/wd98_4-dt98_4/p2.html

so it is not amount of guns per capita.  keep trying though,  i like debunking irrelevant use of stats. 

I was thinking that a Chinese cop was much less likely to encounter an armed suspect. If that is so then guns would not be drawn in anticipation of a possible gunplay  like they might in USA

Just now, WVK said:

I was thinking that a Chinese cop was much less likely to encounter an armed suspect. If that is so then guns would not be drawn in anticipation of a possible gunplay  like they might in USA

our cops kill more unarmed people than china, canada, and switzerland kill combined. 

if we go by your logic, every police encounter should end up with shooting,  cuz we got more guns than people,  according to stats every adult, senior and child has guns,

btw state of vermont with the least restrictive gun laws, no permit needed for carry, has lowest crime rate in the country by far.

so again it is not guns

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

no surprises there a 22 year old on power trip,   they really need to throw a book at him and put him in a chair, it should send a message to other cops like that,  cuz they feel invincible, and above the law

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

no surprises there a 22 year old on power trip,   they really need to throw a book at him and put him in a chair, it should send a message to other copsa like that,  cuz they feel invincible, and above the law

Yep, some Police Officers believe they are right no matter what even when ignorant of law. But we are told to even comply with them when wrong to prevent cases such as this. This is why qualified immunity needs to go. They knowingly break the law and violate your rights or person, personally sue them.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Yep, some Police Officers believe they are right no matter what even when ignorant of law. But we are told to even comply with them when wrong to prevent cases such as this. This is why qualified immunity needs to go. They knowingly break the law and violate your rights or person, personally sue them.

agreed,  if the legal system can not fix it we need something else, something that operates outside of it. independent of it, and will make cops fear the repercussion,  los pepes come to mind.   unfortunately the way cops behave and the way courts allow it to happen, make it necessary. like any medicine it has side effects but  benefits outweigh risks 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, aztek said:

our cops kill more unarmed people than china, canada, and switzerland 

9 hours ago, aztek said:

our cops kill more unarmed people than china, canada, and switzerland kill combined. 

Wasn't that about 30  people in 2019?

10 hours ago, WVK said:

what other group? in 2019 police killed  999-1004 people total,  depending on the source,  

t square doesn't count, it was a political thing,  so irrelevant for our purposes. whether the number is correct or not. 

so in 2019 our police shot 75 unarmed people, 

in 2019 chinese police shot 2 people, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_China

i'm not even gonna bother looking for date from canada and switzerland, 

but thanks for proving my point

One of the problems that I am aware of, and I’m not sure how many people know about this but there are a number of police officers who are using steroids.

One of the problems with steroids, is if you accidentally mix them with other things such as other steroids, it can create a real anger problem. If you don’t have self-awareness, it can get out of hand and so you have to be really careful.

I’m not against steroid use under a  physicians supervision, but you still have to be very careful, and I could cut anyone slack, for not being self-aware one or two times, but after that you need to be self policing.

I think the same goes for certain situations where you have a police officer who is somewhat upset about something else going on in his life, and he or she may occasionally fly off the handle. So we shouldn’t  punish officers for rare situations such as those. Almost any of us can put ourselves in someone else’s place, such as when a loved one dies or a pet dies or something like that. It’s pretty normal behavior.

Nevertheless, we still can’t have people without self-awareness carrying guns. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/park-police-officers-indicted-in-shooting-of-unarmed-driver/ar-BB1a4BJw?ocid=msedgntp

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) — Two U.S. Park Police officers were indicted Thursday on manslaughter charges in the 2017 shooting death of an unarmed motorist who led officers on a stop-and-go chase outside Washington, capping nearly three years of inquiry into a case that caused an outcry over concerns of excessive force.

• Like 1

Defunding the police is the wackiest idea I’ve heard of, in a long time. You have to have a police force, or you don’t have a civil society. We’ve needed the police since Gunsmoke wafted from the end of a barrel. So anyone spouting off that nonsense, is sadly, delegitimized.

The American people are slowly liberalizing. The police are not our enemy. They need to switch out tasers for ketamine darts, and stop pretending that tasers are helpful. Stop tasing people .... We can safely take down virtually any problem, using a safer alternative. There is almost zero risk, medically, to this safer approach. You could simply use a distraction device to get the medication inside the human being. What you then have, is a subdued patient, and not a dead or dying person.

This is a modern age, and we need to start doing modern, smart things to change the relationship between the police and the community.

I would also argue to replace tear gas with weed canisters. You think I’m joking? Think again. The state needs to send a different signal to protesters. You want to protest, where you shouldn’t, fine .... we’ll just weed you out. It’s a modern, smarter alternative, and no I do not smoke, myself. What’s the message you’re sending? We’re not against you, but we want to make you smile, while we back you up in the right direction. 

The alternative is, you’re going to invite the Antichrist to have a turn, and then Jesus comes, and almost Everyone’s in trouble. You think I’m kidding? You have no idea how close you are. If you want a train wreck, it’s available, but how about we avoid Armageddon, and earn our “We did it Together” badges?

Earn some cosmic self-respect. Make the good angels proud. Good karma turns back the clock, in Heaven & Hell.

Edited by Raptor Witness

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Defunding the police is the wackiest idea I’ve heard of, in a long time. You have to have a police force, or you don’t have a civil society. We’ve needed the police since Gunsmoke wafted from the end of a barrel. So anyone spouting off that nonsense, is sadly, delegitimized.

The American people are slowly liberalizing. The police are not our enemy. They need to switch out tasers for ketamine darts, and stop pretending that tasers are helpful. Stop tasing people .... We can safely take down virtually any problem, using a safer alternative. There is almost zero risk, medically, to this safer approach. You could simply use a distraction device to get the medication inside the human being. What you then have, is a subdued patient, and not a dead or dying person.

This is a modern age, and we need to start doing modern, smart things to change the relationship between the police and the community.

I would also argue to replace tear gas with weed canisters. You think I’m joking? Think again. The state needs to send a different signal to protesters. You want to protest, where you shouldn’t, fine .... we’ll just weed you out. It’s a modern, smarter alternative, and no I do not smoke, myself. What’s the message you’re sending? We’re not against you, but we want to make you smile, while we back you up in the right direction. 

The alternative is, you’re going to invite the Antichrist to have a turn, and then Jesus comes, and almost Everyone’s in trouble. You think I’m kidding? You have no idea how close you are. If you want a train wreck, it’s available, but how about we avoid Armageddon, and earn our “We did it Together” badges?

Earn some cosmic self-respect. Make the good angels proud. Good karma turns back the clock, in Heaven & Hell.

Defunding to the point of not having Police is stupid. There are a few cities that have disbanded their Police Departments however, due to corruption and other non citizen friendly ways. They then rebuilt or created a countywide Police force such as Camden, NJ. 

If you have a corrupt Police Force who will not work with, or listen to the leaders, well, Goodbye P.D. I suppose some Police Departments forget they are public servants, paid for by the publics taxes.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/09/what-happened-after-camden-nj-disbanded-its-police-department/

Camden was wracking up a large murder tally and millions of dollars in policing debt amid widespread corruption when it dissolved its force and formed a new non-union one with a more “community-oriented” bent and anti-force stance seven years ago.

Since then, the city has seen its violent-crime rate plummet 42 percent, with killings going from 67 in 2012 to 25 last year, Bloomberg reported.

• Thanks 1

Registered firearms Unregistered firearms Notes
                registered un-registered  
1 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 120.5 Americas North America 326,474,000 393,347,000 1 1,073,743 392,273,257

from the Wiki link provided.

I am shocked that the majority of firearms in US are unregistered, that really has taken me by surprise 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Defunding to the point of not having Police is stupid. 

Thank you ..... You might have a little bit of corruption here and there, but by and large, most police departments are fairly honest by necessity. Do the poor still need a fairer shake? Definitely, but those ideas, such as cashless bonds, are on the table, now, and look to move forward. We need to make sure they do.

The community isn’t blind. The press does still function, and police corruption stories are not shied away from.

Most police departments in the U.S., are also integrated, fairly well. So those are your internal eyes and ears. Listen to them.

A functioning free press is still the key to most self healing ideas, but a more compassionate public is another big factor. The entire justice system is antiquated. It’s practically Victorian. 

Most drug offenses are petty, and need to be decriminalized. There are better ways of dealing with the problem. Every time I see Nancy Reagen on old news footage, saying, “just say no,” I cringe a little. It’s antiquated ideology. If you want no or mean “no,” you won’t need to say “no.” Many people, if given sufficient opportunities will outgrow that. Unless you lock them up, and destroy their livelihoods. Then it becomes permanent. It’s beyond antiquated, it’s stupid.

Have I dealt with police corruption personally? Yes, I have. It exists, and it’s more damaging than petty drug offenses. It leads to a lot more violence, and no one should get a free pass.

There’s a big fork in the road ahead, and it’s Heaven or Hell. Right now we’re choosing Hell, as if it doesn’t matter. It matters ... it matters a lot.

If you want the train wreck, it’s at your doorstep, but everything and almost everyone is on fire. It isn’t pretty, and it’s deadly serious. This pandemic, is your wake up alarm bell, America.

Edited by Raptor Witness

4 hours ago, quillius said:
Registered firearms Unregistered firearms Notes
                registered un-registered  
1 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 120.5 Americas North America 326,474,000 393,347,000 1 1,073,743 392,273,257

from the Wiki link provided.

I am shocked that the majority of firearms in US are unregistered, that really has taken me by surprise 

and i'm shocked that wiki, knows exactly how  many  unregistered, hence unknown  guns there are out there, to the last one.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, aztek said:

and i'm shocked that wiki, knows exactly how  many  unregistered, hence unknown  guns there are out there, to the last one.

Maybe they buy the numbers from Facebook and Google who seem to track all kinds of personal data. .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So if we torment legal gun owners, what do we have left?

• Like 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/indiana-officer-fired-after-ties-to-neo-nazi-internet-forum-are-revealed/ar-BB1a9bBS?li=BBnb7Kz

A police recruit in Lafayette, Indiana, was fired after an anti-fascist flagged his apparent ties to a neo-Nazi internet forum, authorities said Saturday.

How can you expect non bias from someone like this on a Police force? I'm glad someone found this out.