Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S Police Forces misconduct thread

Vorg

I haven't posted in this thread for a while because I wanted to not seem biased against Police, or anti Police. Because I am not.

One Police Union leader there was a "war" against Police in this country, from all the negative publicity I suppose.  But it is their actions that fuel these things.

There needs to be no "defunding" of Police in this country, instead training. The higher the training or education, the lesser the things happen, it seems.

I can't think of a time when an FBI agent did questionable things, or rarely do you see State Troopers do questionable things, and these two Departments usually require a bachelors degree, at least the FBI, and several States for State troopers, and Highway Patrol.

Not to mention training.

But that being said, now I am posting again because Police cannot go around doing these things I am about to post. 

5 police officers face criminal charges in hotel beating of Black men

Five Miami Beach police officers are now facing criminal charges after they were seen on body camera and security video kicking a handcuffed Black man in a hotel lobby and tackling and pummeling a Black witness who was recording the incident on his cellphone.

Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle announced the officers have been suspended and charged with first-degree misdemeanor battery.

"Excessive force can never, ever, ever be an acceptable foundation for policing in any community," Fernandez Rundle said at a news conference on Monday. "Officers who forget that fact do a grave disservice to the people they have sworn to serve."

5 police officers face criminal charges in hotel beating of Black men (msn.com)

• Thanks 1

S.C. officer fired and arrested after stomping man in head, authorities say (nbcnews.com)

This gut got violently kicked in the head when ordered to the ground for moving too slowly, even though he has pins and rods in his which prevents quick movement.

Since when is kicking in the head a good idea?

I hope this guy is never employed as law enforcement ever again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

I haven't posted in this thread for a while because I wanted to not seem biased against Police, or anti Police. Because I am not.

I never thought that you were. This is a serious issue, which must be kept in the spot light.

I admit I cringed a little when you created the thread, but I admire your bravery for doing so.  Good job ...

• Thanks 1

An Atlanta police sergeant has been fired over an Instagram video showing him kick a handcuffed woman in the head (msn.com)

The Atlanta Police Department has fired the sergeant who was captured in a viral Instagram video kicking a handcuffed woman in the head.

Marc Theodule, who had been with the department since 2009, was fired after the department's Office of Professional Standards completed its investigation into the incident on Monday, the agency said in a press release Wednesday evening.

"Based on a review of all the facts, it was determined Sgt. Marc Theodule's actions violated department policy and he acted outside of APD standards and training," the agency said.

• 2 weeks later...

A woman who pulled off a road to change drivers during a trip with her father and three young children was knocked unconscious and arrested by two Northern California sheriff's deputies, who then lied about the encounter to responding paramedics and on official reports, according to a federal lawsuit filed Wednesday.

Porter, who is 5-foot-2 (1.6 meters) and 125 pounds (57 kilograms), said she was dragged unconscious to the back of the squad car, where she came to about five minutes later.

When paramedics arrived, McCampbell is heard saying Porter fought them, was knocked out for about 20 seconds and was able to walk herself to the squad car. McDowell estimates to the paramedics that Porter was unconscious for about five seconds.

Cedric Alexander, a police use-of-force expert, was troubled by the video. He wondered why the deputies seemed to rush to detain Porter and Powell without first taking actions to de-escalate the situation, especially with three young kids in the car.

‘I think she’s out,’ deputy says after violent arrest (msn.com)

She's 125 pounds, against two deputies.

A. I seriously doubt she fought them. They have already contradicted themselves in other statements, so more lying seems par.

B. Even if she did, could 2 full grown men handle her, or was punching her in the face necessary? 

• Like 3

LAPD Officer Under Fire From Activists After Video Shows Him Punching Suspect (msn.com)

Activists have called for the arrest and prosecution of a Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officer who allegedly punched a suspect who was handcuffed to a gurney while being placed into an ambulance last weekend.

"The Board of Rights has to do the right thing and stop letting officers skirt discipline. You know, if they're here to protect and serve, then we have to say protect and serve and not allow these rogue officers to repeat and beat," Robert Sausedo, president of the organization Community Build, said at a press conference, reported CBS Los Angeles on Friday.

Edited by Saru
Fixed formatting

On 10/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, Manwon Lender said:

When I was growing up outside St. Louis MO, we had a bad Police Officer who enjoyed mistreating Teenagers. The Guys name was Officer Gates, and he would stop teens for no good reason. It didn't matter what you were doing, he would stop us frisk us and slap us around. Many local parents complained about this guys behavior, and nothing was done. If this guy found anything like a little Pot or even Cigarettes he would slap the teen around and take whatever they were carrying. 

Well after I came home from Basic Training on leave from the Army I hear that the guy had finally received his just reward. He had been reselling the Pot he had confiscated and he was finally caught in the act and prosecuted. It was poetic justice but it never made up for all the crap he put the teens in the area through. I know many people have stories like this, but this is were it starts, and that's why I brought it up.

You know, I wish our lawmakers would pass a law, that when Police plant evidence and are caught in the act, by any means, that that Police Officer must serve same amount of time in Prison that the suspect would have served.

In other words, if a suspect was going to serve 4 to 7 years for possession of 8 grams of Heroin, that was planted, that Officer must serve between 4 to 7 years. That would put an end to most of these bad Officer's conduct in this regard.

"You plant it, you serve the time for it."

And it wasn't hard to see why he slapped you teens around. An extra source of income for him, and I am glad he was caught.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, South Alabam said:

You know, I wish our lawmakers would pass a law, that when Police plant evidence and are caught in the act, by any means, that that Police Officer must serve same amount of time in Prison that the suspect would have served.

Good idea ….

MONROE, La. (AP) — Graphic body camera video kept secret for more than two years shows a Louisiana State Police trooper pummeling a Black motorist 18 times with a flashlight — an attack the trooper defended as “pain compliance.”

“I’m not resisting! I'm not resisting!” Aaron Larry Bowman can be heard screaming between blows on the footage obtained by The Associated Press. The May 2019 beating following a traffic stop left him with a broken jaw, three broken ribs, a broken wrist and a gash to his head that required six staples to close.

The state police released a statement Wednesday saying that Jacob Brown, the white trooper who struck Bowman, “engaged in excessive and unjustifiable actions," failed to report the use of force to his supervisors and “intentionally mislabeled” his body camera video.

'Pain compliance': Video shows trooper pummeling Black man (msn.com)

You beat a man with a flashlight, enough to break his jaw, break three ribs, break a wrist and leave a gash on his head that required 6 staples. 

If someone is beating you for any reason are you going to stand there and take it, or try to deflect blow after blow.

That Officer knew he was going to move in an attempt to keep himself from the injuries, and the Officer was going to keep saying "Stop resisting" to which the black man replied “I’m not resisting! I'm not resisting!”

And if the Officer didn't know someone would try to defend themselves by deflecting blows so violent, and tell them, "Stop resisting!!" then he is too stupid to be a Trooper.