Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

no trick or treat 2020?

the13bats

So over 5 decades yikes ive looked forward to halloween, lil dead out in droves, ive iways gone all out with decor so far have one lonely jack o lantern out, a couple houses on my street have a few lil things,

but with covid ijdk it seems like door to door to asking to spead the virus, the up close handing out candy, i can mask up but i doubt most kids will,

A neighbor asked me to provide tunes for a closed street block party idea she was brewing i said sure but no updates on that,

So those of you with trick or treat age kids are you letting them go out? Are you having them do a safety mask?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

So those of you with trick or treat age kids are you letting them go out? Are you having them do a safety mask?

I think it's on here. I'm buying candy and stashing pine blocks to provide neighborhood entertainment. 

• Like 2

It's still going here so far. I heard some people say they'll sit on the porch and put candy in bowls and let the kids pick out a treat themselves. 

• Like 1

Last year I had about 15-20 kids came by and they were all young with parents so I am just going to put the treats in a big bowl halfway between the house and sidewalk trick is the first half of my walk is stairs if you want to get a treat.:D 

I likely have enough chocolate for a couple of hundred kids oh well.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 2

Here about 1/3rd dont even wear a costume i fun razz a few but in the spirit of the holiday i candy them up,

I cant let kids serve themselves, they almost all will take a handful or 2 or 3 handfuls, i live near door to a huge old church we are all thats on this block and i get a lot of drive ups, lol, the parents recognize me, i dont blend.      

I have small paper goodie bags and might set up about 50 ot 60 several pieces in each bag, easier for me to wrangle out,  my house faces west and its pretty hot out when about 5 or 6 toddlers are out, but they like to have the wee ones back in before dark,

Im wearing a safety mash either under my immortan joe face piece or plauge dr mask, still this year feels weird

• Like 3

We cancelled Easter, Memorial day, Mother's and Father's day, Independence day, Labor day and soon with Halloween, Thanksgiving, esp Christmas and New Year's day (2020 transits into 2021), and will strongly effect Election day next month and Inauguration day. What a tough year it is, esp. for children who are mostly stayed home from school for over 7 months and many of them are on virtual learning to continue their education. The state of CA started to lock down on St. Patrick's day (March 17th), there was no Cinco de Mayo (May 5th), and I expect Columbus and Veteran's day to be another day we all should stay at home most of the week and remain alone except with households or families we live with...I feel sorry for kids in (North) America, like my own, who aren't doing trick-or-treating this year.     

I just planned on throwing stuff at the little ****ers 

Covid didn't change that, though, I do that every year