Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could this really be Nessie?

Commander CMG

• Solid and pretty big' contact was picked up by boat owned by Cruise Loch Ness
  • The mystery creature is likely to feed on trout and eels at the bottom of the loch
  • Follows 18 'confirmed' sightings of creature in 2019 in busiest year since 1983 

A sonar has detected a mystery 30ft long shape 500ft below the surface of Loch Ness - immediately sparking excited speculation from Nessie hunters.  

The 'solid and pretty big' sonar contact was picked up by a boat owned by Cruise Loch Ness. 

The mystery creature is likely to feed on trout and eels at the bottom of the loch, which has the largest volume of freshwater in Britain.

Source 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok, that's Nessie discovered!

Now, we just need @Piney to get his head out of his ass, come off the fence, and tell us exactly where Atlantis was.

Then, we'll sort out Bigfoot. :)

• Haha 5

Yeah, alleged sonar hit of an unknown alleged object just must be a never proven unlikely to exist lake monster, sound right.

Edited by the13bats

I wonder if amateurs still pick up that Nessie statue in there lol

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, acute said:

Now, we just need @Piney to get his head out of his ass, come off the fence, and tell us exactly where Atlantis was.

Bamburgh? :unsure2:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:
  • Solid and pretty big' contact was picked up by boat owned by Cruise Loch Ness
  • The mystery creature is likely to feed on trout and eels at the bottom of the loch
  • Follows 18 'confirmed' sightings of creature in 2019 in busiest year since 1983 

A sonar has detected a mystery 30ft long shape 500ft below the surface of Loch Ness - immediately sparking excited speculation from Nessie hunters.  

The 'solid and pretty big' sonar contact was picked up by a boat owned by Cruise Loch Ness. 

The mystery creature is likely to feed on trout and eels at the bottom of the loch, which has the largest volume of freshwater in Britain.

Source 

Sonar that far away will pick up a school of fish as a solid mass. But to be honest there are not many fish that thrive that deep. Brown trout which are common in lochs rarely go deeper than 300 ft if I remember and are usually at 30-70 ft.

Im skeptical mainly because a boat that stays in business from tourists got the hit.

• Like 4

Technically yes, it is the Loch Ness Monster - something seen (or in this case picked up on sonar) in Loch Ness that cannot immediately be identified.   Nothing to suggest it's a living creature though.

However, a friend did once pick up an unusual sonar report on Loch Shiel, which may have been a large eel.   Or may have been something else quite mundane.

• Like 1

It could be a ball of baitfish, it could be a cloud of hatching insects, it could be a acreen-shot of the sonar in demonstration mode. These are all things one might normally see on sonar; what one does not normally see on sonar is an extant plesiosaur.

A few years back a group of scientists from New Zealand took DNA samples throughout the whole loch at many different depths and had the samples analysed and whilst they found some small mammal DNA and obviously some fish species the largest animal that showed in the results was an eel species but not of the size to be called monstrous,I am not buying Nessie is some mystical creature that can cloak itself or disappear at will through a vortex to another dimension..To conclude it`s scientific fact that there is nothing there,no monster,it doesn`t exist,i wish it did i really do but it`s time to put this to bed once and for all.

Edited by nevins
missed out fact
  • Like 1

Odds on Loch Ness Monster being found slashed by Paddy Power after sonar image 'sighting'

Link

• Like 3

14 hours ago, nevins said:

I am not buying Nessie is some mystical creature that can cloak itself or disappear at will through a vortex to another dimension.

That sounds a perfectly logical explanation,don't be so skeptical.

• Haha 4

I doubt this was the Loch Ness Monster. 

It would have been something entirely mundane. A crashed UFO, for example, or an Atlantean submarine ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It's hardly "compelling evidence", and why on earth does the Surgeons photo always get pulled in with this? it was dismissed as fake years ago but it still gets published and misreported as "evidence".

• Like 1