Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cross chain

Julie40

So i was taking a shower washing my hair and as long as i had my chain with my cross never comes off till tonight my chain came off but my cross went down the drain, and my chain is not even broken or it’s hard to open my chain, so i wanna to know I’m does that mean something bad.. and i had that cross for two years always took a shower went to the beach and all and that never happen till now 

Edited by Julie40
  • Like 1

It means you now have an opportunity to dislodge yourself from religious symbolism to begin the search for that that's real on the inside which once was only a symbol on the outside.

Edited by Will do
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Julie40 said:

So i was taking a shower washing my hair and as long as i had my chain with my cross never comes off till tonight my chain came off but my cross went down the drain, and my chain is not even broken or it’s hard to open my chain, so i wanna to know I’m does that mean something bad.. and i had that cross for two years always took a shower went to the beach and all and that never happen till now 

How did the cross come off the chain? Are you saying that is a mystery or what?

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

Jump ring or bail probably opened enough to allow the cross to slip off. 

Probably while washing hair.

10 hours ago, Julie40 said:

It doesn't meaning anything metaphysical. You just lost a piece of jewelry. If it bothers you, buy a new one.

12 hours ago, Julie40 said:

It means that the clip that held the cross to the chain finally wore out and let go.  Nothing bad except that you have lost your cross.  

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Julie40 said:

No the funny thing is the clip is not broken at all and it’s hard for the open piece to open 

26 minutes ago, Julie40 said:

No the funny thing is the clip is not broken at all and it’s hard for the open piece to open 

Hi Julie

If it went down the drain it may be in the p-trap and if you take off the drain cover you may be able to retrieve it.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Julie40 said:

But what held the cross onto the chain?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:39 PM, Julie40 said:

It means you're going to get a brand new cross--and that's not so bad!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:39 PM, Julie40 said:

Its possible that the part that it hooks onto the chain, has just gotten weak from all the ware and tare. 

Until crosses fly off your wall and land upside down you have nothing to worry about.

Nothing bad should happen its just time to replace it but 1st see if it is lodge in the drain where you can still access it.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 5:38 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Julie

If it went down the drain it may be in the p-trap and if you take off the drain cover you may be able to retrieve it.

jmccr8

I agree. Run a hair snake down the drain and keep your fingers crossed.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I agree. Run a hair snake down the drain and keep your fingers crossed.

Hi Hammer

If the space below the bathroom is not a finished ceiling like a basement then the P-trap is easily accessible and most  of them for more that 20 yrs have used abs which many have a threaded joint that can be unscrewed or even a drain cap on the bottom. failing that your suggestion is well warranted.

jmccr8

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hammer

If the space below the bathroom is not a finished ceiling like a basement then the P-trap is easily accessible and most  of them for more that 20 yrs have used abs which many have a threaded joint that can be unscrewed or even a drain cap on the bottom. failing that your suggestion is well warranted.

jmccr8

It's the better option, but requires some expertise. I suggested the hair snake for simplicity's sake and is a method most women are familiar with. Myself, I would first insert a narrow gauge wet vac tube down the drain and see what I get.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

On 10/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, Julie40 said:

Was there a ring-shaped piece attached to the top of the cross itself where the chain was threaded through? If so, it probably wore out from friction with the chain and the cross fell off. 

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 7:50 AM, XenoFish said:

What type of answer do you want to get?

Presumably one which fits the available facts :)  

IF the clasp was not broken/opened, and the chain was intact it is a bit mysterious.

Although the cross went down the drain and cant be located, the most obvious rational answer is  that the  the ring or part of the CROSS through which the chain went,  broke, allowing the cross to fall off, while the chain remained intact.