Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Face masks useless in the rain

Eldorado

With people not wearing mask, not keeping their distance, and fall/winter hitting here. I suspect a spike in cases, mostly due to people being cooped up. 

I don't think I've ever had a flu shot.

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

With people not wearing mask, not keeping their distance, and fall/winter hitting here. I suspect a spike in cases, mostly due to people being cooped up. 

We already have a spike in cases in New Mexico since last week.  

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I'll be getting mine tomorrow.  A few years ago, I got the shot and still got the flu because there were two flavors of it that season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am not an illogical anti-laxer but I do not get the flu shot.  There are people who have had a bad reaction to that shot and have been told by a doctor to not get it, not just me, many others as well.  Polarizing on any subject is still unbalanced and usually caused by not having all the facts.

Let me clarify;

It's not considered "illogical" if you had an allergic reaction to flu shots or you suffer from GBS. That is unfortunate because Pneumonia is no joke, because too many have died from that. But you or anybody else with those rare issues can't help that, right? No one blames you.

But if people think the flu shot purposely has toxic chemicals in it to reduce population growth or it causes autism and use that as an excuse too not get a flu shot... well I'm sorry, that is about as "illogical" as you can get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lawyers are beginning to circle around the Covid hoax like sharks ready to feed.  To them, the scent of class-action lawsuits is like blood in the water:

"An international network of lawyers will argue this biggest tort case ever: The Corona Fraud Scandal"

• Thanks 2

Efficacy of masks and face coverings in controlling outward aerosol particle emission from expiratory activities

Gives some ideas how efficient are different types of masks, in comparison to no mask (see Fig.4, for example)

Asadi, S., Cappa, C.D., Barreda, S. et al. Efficacy of masks and face coverings in controlling outward aerosol particle emission from expiratory activities. Sci Rep 10, 15665 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-72798-7

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevewinn said:

wearing a mask is doing nothing. covid is that small that if you lined up each individual covid capsid particle next to each other it would take 8,000 to measure just 1mm.

its becoming clear Covid as weakened. look at the numbers, nothing the govt is doing is having the slightest impact.

Its time end this nonsense.

Agreed, but asking people to tear their mask off in the rain, at $13 a pop, is well, a medical exemption is $100 or free if you carry a card, but l guess some will muzzle up no matter what.

And the manufacturers say they don't protect against it, but the manufacturers are wrong.

In our state, VIC/AU, we have the opposite or a stinking hot, humid day we will still have to put one on. The elderly in my state are going to drop like flies outside of shopping centres this summer, but at least they won't die of Covid, (and yeah, we have dedication f...wits running our state).

B)

Edited by tmcom

4 minutes ago, tmcom said:

And the manufacturers say they don't protect against it,

Because that's not the reason to wear it.

• Like 1

It's true - face masks are ineffectual in rain. 

Umbrellas. That's what you need. 

5ea8638d5bd7a517ab1d5ab6?width=300&forma

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Setton said:

Because that's not the reason to wear it.

And what happens if a particle lands on your mask, you breath it in, usually deeply, for hours on end, and if it landed on your nose, not really.

This is why hospital workers with masks and plastic shields get hammered by this, (not so much a particle hitting their mask, or more alone the lines of helping the infected then adjusting their mask) and have trouble breathing.

Unless you are referring to the control/terror one, then l agree.

B)

• Like 1

What the hell are sick people doing out in the rain?

13 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

More fake statistics.

Thank you for offering yourself to us as the living, breathing embodiment of the "garbage in, garbage out" theory of failed statistical modeling.

I know of three people that died of it. They aren't fake. People like you I consider a reason why the toll is as high as it is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tmcom said:

And what happens if a particle lands on your mask, you breath it in, usually deeply, for hours on end, and if it landed on your nose, not really

1. Source?

2. You don't wear it to protect yourself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I know of three people that died of it. They aren't fake. People like you I consider a reason why the toll is as high as it is. 

Died OF it, or died WITH it ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

That is the big question

Of those that died, how many of those recorded would have died if Rona wasnt around due to their existng underlying issues ? , How many died because of Rona and only because of Rona ? How many were recorded as Rona deaths simply being positive with Rona at time of death ? More and more evidence is emerging showing  deaths from Rona to have been scewed towards the narrative rather than the actual causes of death.

As to  masks , they dont stop the virus, and medical research is starting to show they actually are more like incubators for other medical problems,and may lead to respiratory issues, going from pocket or car seat or a mirror adornment to face and then back to wherever people keep them.

And what about all the disposable masks people are using ? Most just end up in the trashcan or dirtbin, people dont have biohazard bags or boxes in their houses or places of work other than actual hospitals to dispose of them.

Masks just make others feel comfortable by allaying their fear , nothing more.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Katniss said:

Let me clarify;

It's not considered "illogical" if you had an allergic reaction to flu shots or you suffer from GBS. That is unfortunate because Pneumonia is no joke, because too many have died from that. But you or anybody else with those rare issues can't help that, right? No one blames you.

But if people think the flu shot purposely has toxic chemicals in it to reduce population growth or it causes autism and use that as an excuse too not get a flu shot... well I'm sorry, that is about as "illogical" as you can get.

In the "olden days" when flu shots were first used on. a large scale some people died or were more ill from the vaccine than the actual flu.  The vaccine was developed after the Hong Kong flu, which devastated the world much like the Corona Covid 19 is, though we did not have shut downs or warnings to avoid contact to reduce the virus.  Lots of people died, my family had it and it was the worst illness I have ever had.  A lot of people will not take the flu shot because the first iterations of them were toxic and dangerous,  Over the decades the "kinks" have been worked out.  Some of my family members do not get a flu shot and some do, those that do, still get respiratory virus' as often or more often than those of us who don't.  There are too many factors in all vaccines to judge anyone for not getting a vaccine.  It is a volatile subject for a lot of reasons and some of those reasons are not illogical.  Everyone who is able should educate themselves on the ingredients used and the actual results and purpose of any vaccine.  When I was in grade school we got two vaccines, the small pox that had to be given to us before we could start school and later all the schools were given the polio vaccine in the form of a pink liquid soaked into a sugar cube.  Now before a child can start public shcool in the U.S. they have to have 10 or 11 vaccines, and then over the years until they are 15 they are required more vaccines.  Some of those no longer make sense, like the Tetanas vaccine which is usually rolled in to a Diptheria/Pertussis/Tetnas vaccine.  The reason the Tetnas makes no sense is that we are no longer a agrarian society.  And Tetnas is something that everyone knows can be administered up to 48 hours after an incident that warrants it.  I could go on but I am tired.  

Yes, there are crazy, illogical, anti-vaxxers out there, but they are actually a small group.

P.S.  I have had chicken pox, mumps, two forms of measles and I have still never met anyone who knew anyone who died from any of those diseases.  I do know that mumps can be dangerous to adults and I also know that some adults who have had any of those diseases eventually have no immunity to them.  If you work in a hospital you have to be tested to be sure you do have immunity to all of those and if not you get vaccinated before you can work.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tmcom said:

Agreed, but asking people to tear their mask off in the rain, at $13 a pop, is well, a medical exemption is $100 or free if you carry a card, but l guess some will muzzle up no matter what.

And the manufacturers say they don't protect against it, but the manufacturers are wrong.

In our state, VIC/AU, we have the opposite or a stinking hot, humid day we will still have to put one on. The elderly in my state are going to drop like flies outside of shopping centres this summer, but at least they won't die of Covid, (and yeah, we have dedication f...wits running our state).

B)

The foolish enjoy being fools. The anti-maskers are fools. They love to point out that mask manufacturers have to post legal statements on their products. What the legal advice does is prevent someone from pretending that the masks are 100% effective. 

Here is a lie: "The elderly in my state are going to drop like flies outside of shopping centres this summer"

That is one of those idiotic suggestions made by the foolish which testing shows does not happen. But it probably makes the fools happy as they wallow in their own uneducated morass.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tmcom said:

And what happens if a particle lands on your mask, you breath it in, usually deeply, for hours on end, and if it landed on your nose, not really.

This is why hospital workers with masks and plastic shields get hammered by this, (not so much a particle hitting their mask, or more alone the lines of helping the infected then adjusting their mask) and have trouble breathing.

Unless you are referring to the control/terror one, then l agree.

B)

Again you are being foolish, but you love being foolish by posting inanities as you did here.

This is what foolish is all about - making up fairy tales they tell themselves time and time again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That's a problem for the medical professional to determine. 

I know there are a lot of people that think they are smarter than every doctor in the world and can do better at determining the cause of death than every other person on this planet. Been seeing that crazy idea this entire pandemic.

Let me assist you with a simple idea. It is not a case of died OF it or died WITH it. The question you left out is died DUE to it.

The cause of death is not OF or WITH but what factors were the cause of death.

Death is not so easy to determine. I'd leave that determination to the medical professionals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, DodgyDaoist said:

That is the big question

Of those that died, how many of those recorded would have died if Rona wasnt around due to their existng underlying issues ? , How many died because of Rona and only because of Rona ? How many were recorded as Rona deaths simply being positive with Rona at time of death ? More and more evidence is emerging showing  deaths from Rona to have been scewed towards the narrative rather than the actual causes of death.

As to  masks , they dont stop the virus, and medical research is starting to show they actually are more like incubators for other medical problems,and may lead to respiratory issues, going from pocket or car seat or a mirror adornment to face and then back to wherever people keep them.

And what about all the disposable masks people are using ? Most just end up in the trashcan or dirtbin, people dont have biohazard bags or boxes in their houses or places of work other than actual hospitals to dispose of them.

Masks just make others feel comfortable by allaying their fear , nothing more.

That's just ignorance.  This is BS: "More and more evidence is emerging showing  …"

There is no evidence. There is rumor. 

This is just another case of a poster pretending to be smarter than medical professionals when they fill out a death certificate.

Here is a hint. It's a question showing you have no idea what is put on a death certificate: "How many were recorded as Rona deaths simply being positive with Rona at time of death ?""

This has been proved false: "As to  masks , they dont stop the virus"

Here is another made up fairy tale: "medical research is starting to show they actually are more like incubators for other medical problems"

Let me ask you a simple question: Why do you need a biohazard disposal for a mask you wore?

This is just opinion not based on facts: "Masks just make others feel comfortable by allaying their fear , nothing more."  It's wrong, but it is just your opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the "olden days" when flu shots were first used on. a large scale some people died or were more ill from the vaccine than the actual flu.  The vaccine was developed after the Hong Kong flu, which devastated the world much like the Corona Covid 19 is, though we did not have shut downs or warnings to avoid contact to reduce the virus.  Lots of people died, my family had it and it was the worst illness I have ever had.  A lot of people will not take the flu shot because the first iterations of them were toxic and dangerous,  Over the decades the "kinks" have been worked out.  Some of my family members do not get a flu shot and some do, those that do, still get respiratory virus' as often or more often than those of us who don't.  There are too many factors in all vaccines to judge anyone for not getting a vaccine.  It is a volatile subject for a lot of reasons and some of those reasons are not illogical.  Everyone who is able should educate themselves on the ingredients used and the actual results and purpose of any vaccine.  When I was in grade school we got two vaccines, the small pox that had to be given to us before we could start school and later all the schools were given the polio vaccine in the form of a pink liquid soaked into a sugar cube.  Now before a child can start public shcool in the U.S. they have to have 10 or 11 vaccines, and then over the years until they are 15 they are required more vaccines.  Some of those no longer make sense, like the Tetanas vaccine which is usually rolled in to a Diptheria/Pertussis/Tetnas vaccine.  The reason the Tetnas makes no sense is that we are no longer a agrarian society.  And Tetnas is something that everyone knows can be administered up to 48 hours after an incident that warrants it.  I could go on but I am tired.  

Yes, there are crazy, illogical, anti-vaxxers out there, but they are actually a small group.

P.S.  I have had chicken pox, mumps, two forms of measles and I have still never met anyone who knew anyone who died from any of those diseases.  I do know that mumps can be dangerous to adults and I also know that some adults who have had any of those diseases eventually have no immunity to them.  If you work in a hospital you have to be tested to be sure you do have immunity to all of those and if not you get vaccinated before you can work.

Sorry desertrat56 this is not correct. "some people died or were more ill from the vaccine than the actual flu".

The first flu vaccines were used in WWII. I can't find any history of toxic or dangerous flu vaccines. Maybe you could point them out to me. The Hong Kong flu pandemic was in the late 60s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Sorry desertrat56 this is not correct. "some people died or were more ill from the vaccine than the actual flu".

The first flu vaccines were used in WWII. I can't find any history of toxic or dangerous flu vaccines. Maybe you could point them out to me. The Hong Kong flu pandemic was in the late 60s.

But were they available to the public or were they just available for soldiers.  I may do some research later, but I know people who got very ill from the flu vaccine, some from the 1975 version of the vaccine. My mother almost died from it in the early 70's.  So Yes, people did get more ill from the vaccine than if they had gotten the flu.  Young, healthy people.  Flu vaccines were not available to the public in the 60's when I got the Hong Kong flu.  It was after that when doctors were able to recommend people get a flu shot.  And I remember that back then it was only recommended for the elderly and people with immune disorders, it was not recommended for everyone.  (maybe due to resources, or due to a different philosophy not sure which)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But were they available to the public or were they just available for soldiers.  I may do some research later, but I know people who got very ill from the flu vaccine, some from the 1975 version of the vaccine. My mother almost died from it in the early 70's.  So Yes, people did get more ill from the vaccine than if they had gotten the flu.  Young, healthy people.  Flu vaccines were not available to the public in the 60's when I got the Hong Kong flu.  It was after that when doctors were able to recommend people get a flu shot.  And I remember that back then it was only recommended for the elderly and people with immune disorders, it was not recommended for everyone.  (maybe due to resources, or due to a different philosophy not sure which)

It is extremely rare for anyone to die of a flu vaccine. It is estimated at 5 to 15 in 140 million flu vaccine injections. 

On the other hand tens of thousands die from the flu each year. 

So no, people do not get more ill from the vaccine than if they had gotten the flu.

The reason you did not get a vaccine for the Hong Kong flu is that the Hong Kong flu was new and there was no vaccine for that version of the flu. It is not that there was a vaccine and it was not available to the public. There simply was no vaccine. There had been flu vaccines before that flu showed up.

If you check out the following link you will see that vaccines are relatively recent for the most part.

https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/vaccine-education-center/vaccine-history/developments-by-year

I don't see a flu vaccine for the 1970s. I'll keep looking. There is mention of a flu vaccine becoming available in 1985.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/influenza-pandemics

From that link we see that in 1957 around 7 million people received a flu vaccine. They mention that the Hong Kong flu vaccine came too late. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, stevewinn said:

wearing a mask is doing nothing. covid is that small that if you lined up each individual covid capsid particle next to each other it would take 8,000 to measure just 1mm.

That's pretty much the same fallacious argument Catholics use against condoms.

• Haha 3