Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Cow Hugging the new wellness trend?

Eldorado

From goat yoga to sound baths, the world is full of wellness trends designed to soothe and calm both body and spirit.

Now, a self-care practice hailing from the Netherlands is promising practitioners serenity, and perhaps a smile or two.

Dubbed “koe knuffelen” in Dutch (literally “cow hugging”), the practice is centred on the inherent healing properties of a good human-to-animal snuggle.

Cow cuddlers typically start by taking a tour of the farm before resting against one of the cows for two to three hours.

Full monty at the BBC: Link

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I would rather hug my cat or dog and if I had a goat I would hug it, but it would not stand on my back while I do yoga.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Go hug a tree, and leave those poor animals alone.

I've worked with cattle, and they are not that keen on intimacy with humans. Best case, they are curious. Worst case, they panic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zep73 said:

I've worked with cattle, and they are not that keen on intimacy with humans. Best case, they are curious. Worst case, they panic.

I think it depends on how the cow was raised.  If you raise it from a bottle when it is a few weeks old and there are no other cattle around it will be quite affectionate and trusting.

• Like 7

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I think it depends on how the cow was raised.  If you raise it from a bottle when it is a few weeks old and there are no other cattle around it will be quite affectionate and trusting.

True. I just think the trend suggests that people can walk up to any cow, and start hugging it. Only the best suitable ones should be used for this.

• Like 6

Cow hugs. Even koos.

Cow Cuddling Is Now A Thing And It Costs $300 For A 90-Minute Hugging  Session - Small Joys

Hemlock Highlands – Home of High Quality Highland Beef!

A therapeutic hug

• Like 2

I hug the goats at work, they love it. I ****ing love goats. Cows don't like hugging so much. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zep73 said:

I got chased by a whole herd of cows when I was a kid.  They are fast too.  I literally made it to the barbed wire fence and dove under the lowest strand before they were on top of me.  You excite a bull...everyone goes for you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I would rather hug my cat or dog and if I had a goat I would hug it, but it would not stand on my back while I do yoga.

I have no problems hugging myself!  Try it.  Give yourself a big ole hug!  Then, take  your left hand and grab your right arm and pat yourself on the back with it.  Amazing how much better you'll feel.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 3:33 PM, Eldorado said:

From goat yoga to sound baths, the world is full of wellness trends designed to soothe and calm both body and spirit.

Now, a self-care practice hailing from the Netherlands is promising practitioners serenity, and perhaps a smile or two.

Dubbed “koe knuffelen” in Dutch (literally “cow hugging”), the practice is centred on the inherent healing properties of a good human-to-animal snuggle.

Cow cuddlers typically start by taking a tour of the farm before resting against one of the cows for two to three hours.

Full monty at the BBC: Link

it not always end well...

https://www.ibtimes.com/man-has-sex-cow-strangulates-animal-death-2939455