Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unfavorable views of China at historic highs

spartan max2

My housemate is Chinese and she says her and pretty much all Asian people are on high alert :/ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

My housemate is Chinese and she says her and pretty much all Asian people are on high alert :/ 

I don't know who your Chinese house mate is, but i doubt they are high up in the CCP, so no need to worry. The poll is about China the country, not ethnic Chinese immigrants. More than half of the Chinese immigrants i have known hate the CCP. Some love the party, but it normally turns out their family is involved politically somehow.

• Like 5

For the record, I agree. China is one horrifying, disgusting country.

But I think the only reason you're posting this is because you miss arguing with Third Eye :D:D

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I don't know who your Chinese house mate is, but i doubt they are high up in the CCP, so no need to worry. The poll is about China the country, not ethnic Chinese immigrants. More than half of the Chinese immigrants i have known hate the CCP. Some love the party, but it normally turns out their family is involved politically somehow.

With the Covid thing, seems people have grown more discriminatory against Asians, especially Chinese. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Unfavorable Views of China Reach Historic Highs in Many Countries

I think this is long overdue. A country with a poor human rights record: 

-that actively suppresses it's ethnic minorities,

-doesn't allow political parties other than the CCP,

-rounds up people on trains to be sent to camps,

-lets flood gates open around dams without warning residents so that they die rather than flee to reduce the payout for damages (you don't pay damages to the dead),

-has expanded influence to poorer countries by buying their support and silence,

-that is responsible for some of the worst sanitary conditions leading to global virus' outbreaks,

Need i go on? There is more to post, but at least it seems like the people in the west have finally realized that China will not become more western, but countries dealing with China will become more corrupt morally.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

But I think the only reason you're posting this is because you miss arguing with Third Eye :D:D

You can’t argue with third eye he rarely makes sense on any thread about China 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Shhhhh :ph34r:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You can’t argue with third eye he rarely makes sense on any thread about China 

Indeed. I like the guy but he has a blind spot in his exceptional vision where China is concerned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

With the Covid thing, seems people have grown more discriminatory against Asians, especially Chinese. 

I'm sure that has happened some because people can be stupid. But I also haven't seen any evidence of a huge increase in discrimination against asians. 

The other reason I posted this survey is to show how the attitude change towards China is a global phenomenon.

Many times on UM people have tried to argue that this is just some kind of Trump/U.S grudge. 

Pew is a credible shows and clearly proves that the attitude change towards China happening all over the world at historic levels. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Pew is a credible shows and clearly proves that the attitude change towards China happening all over the world at historic levels. 

If it's Pew pew you want, pew pew you get... 

1 Oct 2018 — America's reputation on civil liberties is still positive but tarnished among key allies. Across 25 countries where the question ...

15 Sep 2020 — As a new 13-nation Pew Research Center survey illustrates, America's reputation has declined further over the past year ...

23 Sep 2020 — Even if Trump loses, his administration may have permanently damaged our standing abroad. But there's a silver lining: it ...

12 Apr 2020 — Yet also thanks largely to Trump, a parallel disaster is unfolding across the world: the ruination of America's ...

~

I'm sorry, you have my sympathies, more than you have for the over 200,000 and more recently deceased who will agree, if you can stomach the results from if you dig them up. 

You know, but you did nothing, just like he knew, and did everything to pretend he didn't... 

~

The Lincoln Project (@ProjectLincoln) Tweeted:
Trump knew it was worse than the flu. 

Trump knew coronavirus was deadly. 

#TrumpKnew and he did nothing. https://t.co/rWKzj5Ti1i

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm sure that has happened some because people can be stupid. But I also haven't seen any evidence of a huge increase in discrimination against asians. 

There was an incident here in which a crazy homeless drug addicted freak yelled at an Asian couple about the virus which was huge local news for a few days but no reasonable person hates Asians for being Asian.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, third_eye said:

If it's Pew pew you want, pew pew you get... 

~

I'm sorry, you have my sympathies, more than you have for the over 200,000 and more recently deceased who will agree, if you can stomach the results from if you dig them up. 

You know, but you did nothing, just like he knew, and did everything to pretend he didn't... 

~

~

Interesting response. Does that make you feel better about the rising global condemnation of the CCP?

But as for the poll of the U.S  image, I'm not really concerned. It's just about Trump.

As can be seen by the significant perception drop of the U.S between Obama vs Trump. Lol

An election is in less then a month.  

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

but no reasonable person hates Asians for being Asian.

In case you have not noticed, we are currently awash with many brands of unreasonable people.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Interesting response. Does that make you feel better about the rising global condemnation of the CCP?

Nope, only as good as you feel about the more than 200,000 and more deaths coming as ghosts of Christmas past... 

~

But as for the poll of the U.S  image, I'm not really concerned. It's just about Trump.

Sure, Trump is as un-American as they come... 

~

As can be seen by the significant perception drop of the U.S between Obama vs Trump. Lol

You forgot the double Bushes... 

~

An election is in less then a month.  

You mean that farce of a shìt show that is the insult incarnate to democracies the world over... Best of luck to you 

Oh... Just in case I forget " lol "

~

Edited by third_eye
Nostradumbass predictive text
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah... it MUST be bigotry or racism.  I mean, NO ONE could actually make a reasoned judgment that the CCP is worthy of disdain, right?  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No one could make it to the subheading?

No lol

When I was on the computer posting the graph image was visible to all in the first post. On mobile it seems like you have to click the link. 

5 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

No lol

When I was on the computer posting the graph image was visible to all in the first post. On mobile it seems like you have to click the link. 

I did see the graphs; but, didn't look at the link before posting.  I assumed the graphs may represent a general feeling of disapproval.

The subheading reads:

Majorities say China has handled COVID-19 outbreak poorly

COVID-19 is mentioned 15 times in the article.  The context is mostly about handling of the pandemic. Interestingly there is one country that has a worse rating than China.

Only the U.S. receives more negative evaluations from the surveyed publics, with a median of 84% saying the U.S. has handled the coronavirus outbreak poorly.

Most think China has done bad job handling COVID-19, though better than the U.S.

So how does the script go?  Those surveyed must've been hateful, jingoistic, sufferers of TDS.  We can't trust them to give an honest opinion on POTUS; so, how can trust there opinion at all?  The lefties at PEW have well and truly nailed there colours to the fifth column.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I did see the graphs; but, didn't look at the link before posting.  I assumed the graphs may represent a general feeling of disapproval.

The subheading reads:

COVID-19 is mentioned 15 times in the article.  The context is mostly about handling of the pandemic. Interestingly there is one country that has a worse rating than China.

So how does the script go?  Those surveyed must've been hateful, jingoistic, sufferers of TDS.  We can't trust them to give an honest opinion on POTUS; so, how can trust there opinion at all?  The lefties at PEW have well and truly nailed there colours to the fifth column.

The Pew article has multiple graphs and questions surveyed. 

The first graph in the article shows the historic high unfavorable views on China in most nations. 

There are other graph is about Covid Response, which you put in your post.

And more graphs about about yet different things lol.

So I am completely at a loss for what your point might be ? 

This is in regards to the first graph.

Views of China have grown more negative in recent years across many advanced economies, and unfavorable opinion has soared over the past year, a new 14-country Pew Research Center survey shows. Today, a majority in each of the surveyed countries has an unfavorable opinion of China. And in Australia, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, the United States, South Korea, Spain and Canada, negative views have reached their highest points since the Center began polling on this topic more than a decade ago.

Negative views of China increased most in Australia, where 81% now say they see the country unfavorably, up 24 percentage points since last year. In the UK, around three-quarters now see the country in a negative light – up 19 points. And, in the U.S., negative views of China have increased nearly 20 percentage points since President Donald Trump took office, rising 13 points since just last year.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1