Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK UFO case file to be kept secret until 2072

UM-Bot

I had hoped this would pop up. I mentioned it in another topic (wasn't sure if it had been mentioned elsewhere). I am quite annoyed by their decision to do so. Assuming the entire event is legit (I believe the source was an Ex-MoD guy) it's quite saddening that despite it passing the 30 year time frame they've decided to slap it with the 50 year extension (I was under the impression it was 50 years for 'state secrets', but I guess it's 50 years as an individual thing, rather than it being out in 2041). I hope they reverse their decision. I talked to a few people about the event and somebody I know suggested it was the UK military testing out experimental stealth systems for potential large bombers (they claimed it was a Short Sterling with stealth plating on... I discussed this and attempted to debunk it based on the logic of slapping a jet engine on an airframe designed for propeller and how a 30m long aircraft loses a lot of stealth regardless of the coating). But this was 1990 and as far as I know the 90's moved away from bombers in general in favour of multi-role strike craft, which explained why the Vulcan Bomber was retired (while not a stealth aircraft, slapping coating on it wouldn't do much) so I'm not sure what would have been gained from retrofitting a Short Sterling with a jet engine and stealth coating when modern militaries (at least the big boys like USA, Russia and China) are going for hypersonic missile systems. There were discussions, I believe, for hypersonic bombers and spy aircraft as a way of doing deep line strikes and avoid retribution from SAAM's... which is also why hypersonic missiles for said systems is great. Anyway, that was what they said and they claimed it was to 'work out the upper limit of size viable for coating'. Which is plausible in a way.

As I posted in the other thread (and how the article mentions) this is what they said appeared in this recreation.. Compare it to a Short Sterling, I guess you could get a rough shape like this? But I think it's far fetched... the retrofit. It could be a secret design or some technology test, which would explain the secrecy. Or it's an actual UFO and nobody knows what it is. Who knows. It's fascinating, but sadly maddening at the same time.

1_ILR_CVL_160715alien_01.jpg

stirling-of-no-1651-conversion-unit-raf-in-flgiht-741x419.jpg

2072?  That seems excessive whether it was a secret weapon or even if it was provably from an alien source.  

If the pics were in a paper lets see them

On 10/12/2020 at 5:37 AM, UM-Bot said:

The UK Ministry of Defense has blocked the scheduled release of a dossier detailing a famous UFO case.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/340086/uk-ufo-case-file-to-be-kept-secret-until-2072

Could be a secret surveillance blimp if it was hovering but right now it's probably old tech...just strange that they blocked it ?

On 10/12/2020 at 10:37 AM, UM-Bot said:

The UK Ministry of Defense has blocked the scheduled release of a dossier detailing a famous UFO case.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/340086/uk-ufo-case-file-to-be-kept-secret-until-2072

So they lost the dossier?  

Lots of pointless stuff gets stamped with Top Secret, it doesnt mean anything.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 10:37 PM, NCC1701 said:

So why did these journalist not do their job but give their whole story and photo's to the MOD?

yes that doesnt add up:

Keen to get the word out about what they had seen, the pair got in touch with the Scottish Daily Record newspaper and shared both their story and the photographs they had taken.

Journalists then shared the images with the UK Ministry of Defense.

so they give journalists photos and a story and then they share this with MOD rather than print.......I cant imagine journalists would do that.....granted after their story but why before...and then you would have to assume they were told by MOD not to run the story or photos....surely that creates another major story in itself.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, Jon the frog said:

Could be a secret surveillance blimp if it was hovering but right now it's probably old tech...just strange that they blocked it ?

Really? a blimp that sped off at significant speeds?...no such blimp exist. Its an alien space craft...period.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, Jon the frog said:

if we're all discussing this here then it's not secret, is it!? if it's supposed to be secret then the authorities (those in charge if ya like) are pretty crap at keeping secrets- ain't they??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Don Caesar said:

Just in time for my 100th birthday, probably won’t be around to see the pictures when they’re released though.

No worries, its most likely more of the same old crap we keep seeing here at UM.

The MOD who are totally subservient to the American government, need we say more ! 

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2020 at 3:20 AM, ufoguy said:

Really? a blimp that sped off at significant speeds?...no such blimp exist. Its an alien space craft...period.

The idea of it being a blimp is more realistic than craft from another planet.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, Nuclear Wessel said:

The idea of it being a blimp is more realistic than craft from another planet.

Then u definitely need your head checked if u think blimps can fly faster than jets

1 hour ago, ufoguy said:

Then u definitely need your head checked if u think blimps can fly faster than jets

As far as I know, blimps can't fly faster than a jet.

My point is that we have zero evidence for ET craft ever visiting our planet whereas at least we know blimps exist, and entertaining the notion of a blimp behaving like an ET craft is more realistic than entertaining the notion of an actual ET craft.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2