Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Liverpool and Manchester new league

Aroundthecorner

Liverpool and Manchester United want to create a new league only for the rich and famous of course. 

Never forget your roots and history, pity it doesn't apply to football 

.Up the Villa:clap:

• Confused 1

A classic powergrab in desperate times, abhorrent.

Edited by TheMoonOvertheAbattoir
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Liverpool and Manchester United want to create a new league only for the rich and famous of course. 

Never forget your roots and history, pity it doesn't apply to football 

.Up the Villa:clap:

I think if you look further  into it, you'll see its in response to the teams playing more games the successful teams like Liverpool, United, City are playing more games than the lesser teams like Villa, with the champions league expanding next year, that once more means more games to play for the big teams.

So, proposals are to scrap the charity shield, the League Cup which has a prize fund of just £100,000, we have players earning double that in a week. and to reduce the league to 18 teams so playing four less games.

but the bigger picture is it helps the smaller clubs, something which Jurgen as always mentioned, under the proposals 25 per cent of Premier League and Football League revenue would go to EFL clubs. This would replace the current system of 'parachute payments' to clubs relegated from the Premier League. so money shared out better. and it will help clubs with smaller budgets.

explain in your opinion why its a bad thing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to Liverpool and Manchester new league
2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I think if you look further  into it, you'll see its in response to the teams playing more games the successful teams like Liverpool, United, City are playing more games than the lesser teams like Villa, with the champions league expanding next year, that once more means more games to play for the big teams.

So, proposals are to scrap the charity shield, the League Cup which has a prize fund of just £100,000, we have players earning double that in a week. and to reduce the league to 18 teams so playing four less games.

but the bigger picture is it helps the smaller clubs, something which Jurgen as always mentioned, under the proposals 25 per cent of Premier League and Football League revenue would go to EFL clubs. This would replace the current system of 'parachute payments' to clubs relegated from the Premier League. so money shared out better. and it will help clubs with smaller budgets.

explain in your opinion why its a bad thing?

More wages so they should play more, lesser teams like the Villa - thats why you stand no chance with this money grab at the top end pathetic 

• Haha 1

Jeff Bezos sure is working his bum off... and Tyson Fury should defend his titles with 25 round bouts 

~

Edited by third_eye
lol

5 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

More wages so they should play more, lesser teams like the Villa - thats why you stand no chance with this money grab at the top end pathetic 

Its well backed.

16 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Its well backed.

Never happen mate.

1 hour ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Never happen mate.

If proved to be correct then its a shame, perfect opportunity to rebalance the game, clubs in the lower league and those in the Prem who face relegation season in season out would benefit.

In any given season, you have 3 promoted teams who are immediate favourites for relegation. Then you have teams like Burnley, West Ham, Villa, Brighton and Newcastle who start each year with the aim of simply staying in the league.

That's 8 out of the 20 teams who have no interests in looking at the long-term development of the league but want to keep the status quo as is. The financial gap between the Premier League and the Championship has made that even worse.

Its only natural that the clubs who are regulars of the Premier League seek more control over how it shapes up over the medium and long term.

The bigger picture is this your Liverpool's, Chelsea's, Man United's, Man City's, Arsenal's bring in the money, they could've already ****ed off to a super league. They haven't, but these proposals support the rest of the pyramid. or we continue with an ever growing gulf between clubs. example my own club Liverpool last year was the first club ever to make £250million in TV revenue alone - in a single season.

I don't think people full appreciate the financial situation of the game especially in the championship. but also the midtable prem and below, have a little read of this. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50674331

This will be the the 1st proposal. The main point is the proposal is to get the EFL clubs on their side which has happened maybe some little changes to this proposal and it will go through.

The EFL backs the proposal.

Edited by stevewinn

The plastics failed and the FA made a commitment to lower clubs futures, not letting the richer clubs walkaway from the league with past wealth is a good move, i hate being correct but i hate being correct.

Up the Villa.

I'm all for spreading money down the pyramid,and I don't have a problem reducing the pl to 18 teams or even scrapping the league cup and charity shield.but i do have a big problem with giving the top 9 clubs extra powers over the rest of the league.