Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to win in a landslide

RoofGardener

41 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Not trying to knit pick you but that's not really unusual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_turnout_in_the_United_States_presidential_elections

Voter turnout typically is between 45-60 percent.

There was a peak in 2008 with Obama at 57 percent.

2016 had 55.5 percent turnout. 

Election Voting Age
Population (VAP)[20]
Turnout[20] % Turnout
of
1956 104,515,000 62,027,000 59.3%
1960 109,672,000 68,836,000 62.8%
1964 114,090,000 70,098,000 61.4%
1968 120,285,000 73,027,000 60.7%
1972 140,777,000 77,625,000 55.1%
1976 152,308,000 81,603,000 53.6%
1980 163,945,000 86,497,000 52.8%
1984 173,995,000 92,655,000 53.3%
1988 181,956,000 91,587,000 50.3%
1992 189,493,000 104,600,000 55.2%
1996 196,789,000 96,390,000 49.0%
2000 209,787,000 105,594,000 50.3%
2004 219,553,000 122,349,000 55.7%
2008 229,945,000 131,407,000 57.1%
2012 235,248,000 129,235,000 54.9%
2016 250,056,000 138,847,000 55.5

There's that low turnout trend all over the world (of course there are exceptions). I know I have the same problem like many people in other countries do, there's just no one to vote for, with genuine trust and enthusiasm. But I regularly vote for the lesser evil.

I wish you a record-breaking high turnout, because it would be harder to manipulate the results. They couldn't just discreetly add some votes in crucial places to fix it, they'd have to do large manipulation and it would show. 

39 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

According to republicans voter turnout this year is expected to be 167%.

:lol: Bite your tongue. 60% in the US and 107% in Russia? I'll bite mine too. :D       

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Or because it doesnt really effect the rest of the article and the reporter was a bit too lazy to look it up.  The point still stands that in states Trump won by narrow margins the Republican party has registered between 2 to 3 times the new voters than Democrats have which should concern Democrats.  

How do you know it's 2-3 times the number of new democrat voters when you don't know how many that is?

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Setton said:

How do you know it's 2-3 times the number of new democrat voters when you don't know how many that is?

Read what he posted more carefully.  New registered voters are registering as republicans at a greater rate than they are as democrats.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Read what he posted more carefully.  New registered voters are registering as republicans at a greater rate than they are as democrats.

Read even more carefully: In states Trump won.

So it would sound like the Republicans are demanding their base to show their loyalty to the party by officially registering, and that base is so huge it's inexplicable how Trump could win these states with such narrow margin.

In other words, the "2-3 times higher" number does sound bigly exaggerated if not completely fake.  

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Read what I posted more carefully.

The article he quotes doesn't reference how many new voters are democrats.

So you cannot conclude that more new republican voters are registering than democrats.

6 minutes ago, Setton said:

So you cannot conclude that more new republican voters are registering than democrats.

It said that in those states more new voters were registering as republicans than were registering as democrats

in states Trump won by narrow margins the Republican party has registered between 2 to 3 times the new voters than Democrats 

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Read even more carefully: In states Trump won.

So it would sound like the Republicans are demanding their base to show their loyalty to the party by officially registering, and that base is so huge it's inexplicable how Trump could win these states with such narrow margin.

In other words, the "2-3 times higher" number does sound bigly exaggerated if not completely fake.  

No they're not demanding anything.  It just so happens that in these battleground states that trump won by a narrow margin in 2016 new voters are registering republican at about twice the rate as they are registering democrat.  This could actually mean nothing depending on a few factors like which voting district these registrations are happening.  If it's in a majority republican area it may not make a difference depending on state rules.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It said that in those states more new voters were registering as republicans than were registering as democrats

But it did not give a number for democrats or say 2-3 times more republicans than democrats. 

That appears to be entirely darkhunter's invention.

55 minutes ago, Setton said:

Did you even look at the second link from a local PA news site.  It's a bit older, 2 to 3 weeks older, but mentions how Republicans have registered approximately 140,000 new voters compared to Democrats approximately 58,000 newly registered voters.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Setton said:

But it did not give a number for democrats or say 2-3 times more republicans than democrats. 

Or if you want something from Pittsburgh there is this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/10/09/republicans-gain-statewide-and-locally-in-voter-registration/amp/

From October 9, Republicans registered 150,000 new voters while the total amount of registered Democrats in PA dropped by 50,000.  

Doesnt technically give the number of newly registered Democrats but it still points to my point being true and should concern Democrats heavily.

• Like 3

Expectorate in one hand and speculate in the other and see which one fills up fastest.  Be patient, it will be Christmas soon enough, and whatever happens, we won't get that promised pony.. 

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

[...] But I regularly vote for the lesser evil.

[...]

Trump banning "racial sensitivity training" alone outweighs all his "bad" deeds. So yeah, Trump is lesser evil.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Did you even look at the second link from a local PA news site.  It's a bit older, 2 to 3 weeks older, but mentions how Republicans have registered approximately 140,000 new voters compared to Democrats approximately 58,000 newly registered voters.

Probably why I was specifically talking about the fox news one, don't you think?

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Probably why I was specifically talking about the fox news one, don't you think?

So you claim I'm making up figures just cause the figures arent in one source but in the other.  I know traditionally you ignore stuff that proves you wrong but this is a new low even for you

• Like 2

My Wife just got back from Florida.  St Petes, Tampa, Sarasota area.  She said that everywhere she went, there were Trump signs, Trump flags, Trump bumper stickers everywhere.  The family and friends she went to see says it’s like that all over the state.  I’m going to call Fl for Trump right now.  And I think the landslide has begun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

So you claim I'm making up figures just cause the figures arent in one source but in the other.  I know traditionally you ignore stuff that proves you wrong but this is a new low even for you

I pointed out fox news' bias, you then started making claims about 2-3 times, which you did not source.

Whenever you get round to proving me wrong, you can test that hypothesis.

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I know I have the same problem like many people in other countries do, there's just no one to vote for, with genuine trust and enthusiasm. But I regularly vote for the lesser evil.

Well said, Helen ..... hear, hear. I voted for Hillary in 2016. I held my nose, but I did it, and I’m proud of it.

• Like 3

Watching  Biden last night and now...it's just sad....he literally can't keep from slurring his words. People have joked about drugs but I'm leaning that way. This is not the Joe of old....any one voting for that Joe needs to think again. It's almost abusive. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, skliss said:

Watching  Biden last night and now...it's just sad....he literally can't keep from slurring his words. People have joked about drugs but I'm leaning that way. This is not the Joe of old....any one voting for that Joe needs to think again. It's almost abusive. 

I watched the entire thing last night. What in the world are you talking about ?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I watched the entire thing last night. What in the world are you talking about ?

He keeps slurring his words, with the wide eyed weird way he's jumbling up his speech....it just seems like there's something up. .i posted today while watching him again.  Go look at an old video of him. Even from the speech he gave at the Pentagon on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. This Joe is not that Joe.

1 hour ago, skliss said:

90% of the real power is behind the throne, anyway. Maybe he’s on medication. Just look at Reagan who was demented for the last two years of his presidency. Are you going to try and tell me that he wasn’t a good man? He was a very good man, and the country didn’t falter under his command.

This is not a choice between political parties, this is a choice between life and death. The Power of Heaven does not shy away from a good fight, nor will it now.

Jesus was is a liberal in His day. “Don’t kill the prostitute, she’s just trying to make a living,” is a liberal message. The conservatives were saying, “kill her.” Humanity, at it’s best, is who we are, not some whack job living in a golden palace in New York. 

Joe Biden could be on life-support, and I would still vote for him.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Setton said:

I pointed out fox news' bias, you then started making claims about 2-3 times, which you did not source.

Whenever you get round to proving me wrong, you can test that hypothesis.

I already proved you wrong you just literally refuse to acknowledge a link but since you do here it is again.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/lansdale/crucial-pa-trump-registers-far-more-new-voters-biden

It's the second link in post number 36, right under the fox news link.

From the link to the news site itself.

"Since the primary back on June 2, Republicans have registered 135,619 new voters, according to the latest campaign statistics made available by the Pennsylvania Department of State. Democrats have registered less than half of that, with 57,985 new voters. And it's not just this summer. From Nov. 2019 to June 2020, Republicans out-registered Democrats 44,965 to 32,829."

From the PA state government itself.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElections/OtherServicesEvents/VotingElectionStatistics/Pages/Voter-Registration-Statistics-Archives.aspx

That links to a page of the PA state website where voter registration data for June 2020 can be downloaded and it shows 4,092,693 registered Democrats and 3,290,944 registered Republicans.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElections/OtherServicesEvents/VotingElectionStatistics/Pages/VotingElectionStatistics.aspx

This link to the PA state website has a downloadable excel file for voter registration as of October 13, 2020.  It's the first link on the site.  It shows 4,186,050 registered Democrats and 3,475,336 registered Republicans.  

From June to October 13 the Democrats have registered 93,357 newly registered voters while for Republicans its 184,392 which is approximately twice as many newly registered voters.

I have no doubt you will continue to ignore this as you traditionally have ignored everything that proves your wrong but I have no problem to keep rubbing your nose into this.

13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Are Mexicans a 'race' ? 

Oh come now, I think 'racism' is overplayed. It's true that one of the candidates has made racist comments, but I think that Joe Biden has recovered from that :P 

MOST interesting. Well, ONE of those professors are about to lose their perfect prediction record :D

I dont put much into predictors, each has their fool proof system and several this time have said trump is done, but yeah, some will be right some wrong,

I could be wrong but my "system" predicts biden will win and by just enough that trumps hissy fit tantrum wont be tolerated by gop and when gop says trumps done hes done, no amount of radicals "standing by" will change that.

I predict even mcconnell will tell trump to move on.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I already proved you wrong you just literally refuse to acknowledge a link but since you do here it is again.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/lansdale/crucial-pa-trump-registers-far-more-new-voters-biden

It's the second link in post number 36, right under the fox news link.

From the link to the news site itself.

"Since the primary back on June 2, Republicans have registered 135,619 new voters, according to the latest campaign statistics made available by the Pennsylvania Department of State. Democrats have registered less than half of that, with 57,985 new voters. And it's not just this summer. From Nov. 2019 to June 2020, Republicans out-registered Democrats 44,965 to 32,829."

From the PA state government itself.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElections/OtherServicesEvents/VotingElectionStatistics/Pages/Voter-Registration-Statistics-Archives.aspx

That links to a page of the PA state website where voter registration data for June 2020 can be downloaded and it shows 4,092,693 registered Democrats and 3,290,944 registered Republicans.

https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElections/OtherServicesEvents/VotingElectionStatistics/Pages/VotingElectionStatistics.aspx

This link to the PA state website has a downloadable excel file for voter registration as of October 13, 2020.  It's the first link on the site.  It shows 4,186,050 registered Democrats and 3,475,336 registered Republicans.  

From June to October 13 the Democrats have registered 93,357 newly registered voters while for Republicans its 184,392 which is approximately twice as many newly registered voters.

I have no doubt you will continue to ignore this as you traditionally have ignored everything that proves your wrong but I have no problem to keep rubbing your nose into this.

My statement was 'fox news is biased'.

How exactly does any of that rambling prove my statement wrong?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Setton said:

My statement was 'fox news is biased'.

How exactly does any of that rambling prove my statement wrong?

Now you moving to changing goal post, another of your favorite tactics.

Guess we can just ignore your post where you said

7 hours ago, Setton said:

Also guess we can ignore

7 hours ago, Setton said:
7 hours ago, OverSword said:

And ignore this

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Since you are changing the goal posts since you have been proven completely and utterly wrong.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Now you moving to changing goal post, another of your favorite tactics.

Guess we can just ignore your post where you said

Also guess we can ignore

And ignore this

Since you are changing the goal posts since you have been proven completely and utterly wrong.

Um, you didnt ignore him at all and didnt come close to proving him wrong, or were you going for irony?

• Haha 1