Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to win in a landslide

RoofGardener

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Most of the early presidents of the US were not narcissists. they ended up spending their own money to handle their government functions

No sane individual would put themselves in such positions without at the very least a healthy and well stoked ego.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Thanks for telling us who to avoid may their COVID kill them peacefully

This one line of comment sums up the whole Democrat party and its followers.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No sane individual would put themselves in such positions without at the very least a healthy and well stoked ego.

Ow weirdly untrue. But thanks for the fake story we can all look to as a sign of your weirdness. But that is just an odd idea because I know people that have and are holding political offices,

3 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

3 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

And that shows why your party is a total loser. Please continue to make the rest of the posters laugh by posting such jokes.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

And that shows why your party is a total loser. Please continue to make the rest of the posters laugh by posting such jokes.

Only party im going to is the second term gig

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You can always count on the brainless to spout the rhetoric of nonsense. They have their narrative to promote.

Trump was a loser. He was elected to the US presidency by life's failures and he  will be sent away as fits a US president despite his horrible tenure.

The beauty of the US is that we were one of the first nations in the world to peacefully turn over the leadership. There are suggestion from Trump, the idiot, that he won't but he can't avoid the process that has been in place since Washington turned over the presidency.

Trump could try to organize a coup d’état, but I don’t think that’s likely.

He doesn’t have control of the press, so that makes some sort of Civil War or organized rebellion, very difficult.

It’s difficult to imagine a scenario, where Trump could ever hope to stay in office, unless Joe Biden dies before the election. From what I have read, the House of Representatives becomes the deciding body, if Biden is elected, and were to die before the electoral college convenes, or before he takes the oath of office.

As far as I’m concerned, Trump has already tried to kill Joe Biden once, during the first debate by not being tested, while clearly infectious with the Coronavirus. So I won’t be at all surprised, if Trump tries again, perhaps with Russian help.

I don’t like the timing of Trump’s Coronavirus infection, as it relates to the first debate. I don’t like those kinds of coincidences. 

I would also imagine that Trump or his Russian friends might use poison, and then he could blame it on anyone.

So we are nowhere near being out of the woods, yet. Halloween could prove very interesting this year.

If I were the Secret Service, I would be looking for some sort of special protection for Joe Biden, especially on Halloween, this year. I’m also not sure what kind of special protection would work, if this is meant to be.

Hopefully, nothing like that will happen, but I’m a little worried about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Ow weirdly untrue. But thanks for the fake story we can all look to as a sign of your weirdness. But that is just an odd idea because I know people that have and are holding political offices,

I do too. 
Not a one of them I’d leave alone with my children, and half of them couldn’t open a can of beans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I do too. 
Not a one of them I’d leave alone with my children, and half of them couldn’t open a can of beans.

I think that we both have little confidence of those we elect to office of acting in any way we might call better then half-assed. Please correct me if I am off the mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, stereologist said:

My funny story about BC is having climbed with some odd characters  in the US. One of them tells me that his father named a mountain in BC. They had travelled into a remote area to climb and ended up eing trapped by bad weather. I'm sure you have no idea what I am talking about. With food running out they decided to head across a mountain pass to get to safety. They decided to bag a peak despite their predicament and named it space worm mountain. Can't find it on a map, but it is just a story

That's a nice story. What country do you live in buds?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

No it doesn't sum up the whole Democrat party and it's followers. It sums up the UM forum member who typed it and hit send.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 3:00 PM, RavenHawk said:

Anything can happen.  But the more and more I see, the more confident I am in that we are going to a Trump landslide.  I sense that the Democratic strategists see this too.  That is why they are ready to launch law suits.  This is an election of bases and the one who can energize their base more will win.  Trump's base is very energized.  Biden's base is too involved tearing down statues and looting and burning.  Early voting has begun and there are record turnouts.  My guess is that most of these are energized Trump supporters.

BTW, shouldn't this be merged with the Professor Lichtman post??

I wouldn’t rule us Democrats out quite yet. :D

Can you say Covid, Covid, Covid?  

Or do you think Covid is just a conspiracy theory?

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I wouldn’t rule us Democrats out quite yet. 

Or do you think it is a conspiracy theory?

Personally I don't think it would have been handled much differently by democrats.  They all booed and hissed when he shut down travel between China and Europe and pelosi was in SF Chinatown without a mask saying there is nothing to be worried about.  Regardless they weren't in the Whitehouse so obviously this becomes a factor likely to the detriment of trump. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Personally I don't think it would have been handled much differently by democrats.  They all booed and hissed when he shut down travel between China and Europe and pelosi was in SF Chinatown without a mask saying there is nothing to be worried about.  Regardless they weren't in the Whitehouse so obviously this becomes a factor likely to the detriment of trump. 

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, I think we could have done more: mandating masks for starters, social distancing for another and no large gatherings that become super spreaders when it seems appropriate. 

I work in the medical field, we have to wear masks, and limit our actions to be available to protect those that are compromised or have underlying conditions. We care for all not just our party. 

Let me state this loud and clear no one wants Covid right now, it is simple logic the hospitals are filling to capacity. 

For me, it isn’t rocket science, we have to come together. 

All the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 8:20 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, that rules out every single politician since the invention of politics.

Are you forgetting Cincinatus?

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Call me a cynic, but I think there was a serendipitous overlap between shutting covid out and keeping the blame on immigrants.  After that initial foray, covid became pretty boring and inconsequential for the administration.  Certainly more was recommended than was done.

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Call me a cynic, but I think there was a serendipitous overlap between shutting covid out and keeping the blame on immigrants.  After that initial foray, covid became pretty boring and inconsequential for the administration.  Certainly more was recommended than was done.

State specifics...what was recommended that wasn't done?

He dealt with the fact that Biden left the stockpiles depleted with crazy energy...got manufacturers to crank out hand sanitizer and masks that had never made them before until the need was filled.  When's the last time you looked for either and couldn't find them? The same with ventilators..convinced manufacturers to crank them out, convinced them to put aside their own profits .....made so many and had them passed out to all who needed them until we started sending the excess around the world. 

He's a solver....what politician do you know that could have or would have done all that? None of them on either side would have closed the country once the cries of xenophobia or racism started....why? Because they live and depend on appearances and he doesnt...he has the flexibility to do what's necessary without caring about the names because his livelihood doesn't depend on the job or perception. And they hate that they can't control him with that or with money. 

I don't know why people say Biden/Trump will win, its too soon and close to tell.

Biden may end up the way Clinton did, by being the most voted, and Trump still be 2nd term President. The US doesn´t have a universal voter system, sure it's a one person one vote, and at the end the guy with more representants wins, not the most voted.
See another crown of stupid to the US.

Besides I fear that it will be decided by courts, and thus throwing the "democracy" system to the sewer.

Edited by godnodog

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you forgetting Cincinatus?

Well, yes, obviously.

Duh...I totally forgot to mention the therapies and the drugs he's gotten approved to help with covid in RECORD time. When have you ever seen anything approved in less than 3 years? Saw an article this morning where Fauci said we may have a vaccine as early as the end of Nov.....do you honestly think Biden could have gotten all that done in less than a year? 

Saw an article where Obama says, in his upcoming book, he knows they dropped the ball on H1N1. That was all Biden. He's always been the "lovable screw-up". That's not the character I want in charge during an emergency.

• Like 1

President Trump Signs OTC Hearing Aid Legislation into Law

https://www.hearingreview.com/inside-hearing/legislation/president-trump-signs-otc-hearing-aid-legislation-law

He's signed a lot of good executive orders.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, yes, obviously.

Fair enough.  One guy in 2,000 years, the exception that proves the rule.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

https://www.hearingreview.com/inside-hearing/legislation/president-trump-signs-otc-hearing-aid-legislation-law

TERRIBLE.

EVIL.

UNCONCIONABLE!

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!!

CORRUPTEST GOVERNMENT EVER!!!!

• Haha 3

The best things that I can see that he did for everybody was to keep us out of more wars.  For conservatives, I think judges that may throw out Rue vs. Wade and Obamacare   are important.  Even more important, he gave many folks who thought they were not being listened to some validation.  Hillary deserved to lose for her part in turning a deaf ear to their complaints.

There is some exaggeration in the claims of how big a part this administration had.

Dexamethasone has been around since 1957.  Remdesvir started in 2009 to combat Ebola.  Regeneron was kicked off in 2015.

40 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yes this seems like a pretty good law.  According to the article you posted, it was sponsored originally by Elizabeth Warren and Chuck Grassley in 2017.

The OTC Hearing Aid Act is designed to enable adults with perceived mild-to-moderate hearing loss to access OTC hearing aids without being seen by a hearing care professional. The new law, which was introduced in March by Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), was passed by the US House on July 12 and the US Senate on August 3. It also comes on the heels of the elimination of the “physician waiver” system which had required consumers first to seek a physician for a medical evaluation or sign a waiver prior to obtaining a hearing aid.

He has indeed done some good things during the last four  years.  We can disagree, but it seems to me he has taken credit for things he did not do, and exaggerated the things he has done.  My major beef is his handling of the economy and covid19.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I wouldn’t rule us Democrats out quite yet. :D

To do so would be a mistake.  Anything can happen and many times the best one doesn’t always win.  But right now, the odds-on-favorite is Trump.  The level of cheating by the Left is the great unknown.  Then if it is close, the violence will erupt from Antifa and BLM.  Even if is not, if Trump wins by a landslide, they will call it illegitimate and riot anyway.  Trump will be within his rights to call in the military.  And there is a way to do this without arming the military other than riot control gear.

And?  That’s Trump’s fault?  He has handled this as well as anybody, better than Biden would have.  Biden is all set to shut down this nation because the medical scientists say so.  Will he listen to the economic scientists?  The psychological scientists?  None of them are President and being President isn’t blindly listening to some experts over others because it fits your party’s agenda.  The President must listen to all his experts, weigh all facts and unintended consequences and make a decision.  Yes people are going to die and we need to learn how to live with that.  This is a herd culler, meaning that you can’t hide from it.  If you are going to die from it, you will and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it.  You might be able to slow it down and that’s great, get your affairs in order.  We can’t be cowards facing this.  Being cowardly is one sure way to destroy a nation.  You destroy a nation, there will be more death.  Consequences, consequences, consequences.  You could shut this nation down as tight as possible for a year w/ mandatory hazmat suits while even indoors by yourself.  Then when that year is over, the survivors will emerge to a deadly spike in covid cases.  Vaccines are helpful but they are not a magic bullet.  It won’t work with everybody.  This virus will be potent until the species has reached herd immunity.  Europe becomes the second region to surpass 250,000 deaths, following Latin America (394,000).  We’re doing quite well in comparison.  And there is evidence that our deaths have been exaggerated. 

Or do you think Covid is just a conspiracy theory?

No, I do not.  It is all too real.  But it just depends how you react to it.  Some people loose someone and fall apart and others morn their loss and move on.  The phony crisis behind this pandemic is the CT and they are trying to get us to fall apart (fear mongering).  This is just like Climate Change.  CC exists but that man is causing it is the CT.  Eisenhower not only warned us of the abuses of the Military-Industrial Complex but also warned us of the abuses of the Scientific Community to impose policy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

[...]  My major beef is his handling of the economy and covid19.

Here are the numbers https://www.statista.com/statistics/188165/annual-gdp-growth-of-the-united-states-since-1990/

Obama/Biden "reached" 1.6% twice; average during Obama/Biden adm. 2.17% (excluding 2009 for obvious reasons), Trump 2.53%.

About covid I won't even ask, won't get answer anyway.