Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunter Biden's Laptop [Merged]

and-then

14 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Huh, I think it is ironic that UM censored the same thing my uncle got censored for.  Granted my uncle was more explicit.

that's because Saru doesn't want that to show up as a keyword during google searches that may direct people here.  I think it influences google ad money paid.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Okay allow me to explain how this works

Hanging out with a guy who turned out to be a criminal doesn't make you a criminal. Otherwise, everybody on the Dating Game when they had that serial killer on there would be doing hard time for gross homicide nonsense. Especially when it was a guy like Epstien who a mover and shaker on the east coast, just about everybody in a position of power knew the guy at least to an extent. 

We'll remember you typed that next time you completely ignore it when the narrative suits your own bias. :tu:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Bro it's not my fault that the left wing in this country, which is centrist everywhere else, is far more credible than the party of shirtless freaks in viking helmets. You guys made yourself into a parody obsessed with pizza shop pedophiles and gay frogs, not us, you did that to yourselves and have to own the fact that rational people just don't take you seriously. You traded intelligent discourse for cult mentality and crackery because your ideology is dying off and people can smell the bull**** from a mile off these days. And when the Republican platform was exposed as just not making any real sense in the age of fact checking, instead of saying 'okay, guess we need to update' you doubled down and made a mess of everything in a desperate attempt to cling to some degree of power as your voter base started dying off. 

The left wing in this country isn't perfect, but the right wing is actively snorting ivermectin while cranking it to Tucker Carlson. 

-407219c6df3c9cd4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Reminder: "Local man own's laptop" is not news. It's just...a thing people have. Of course they'd ignore it, there's not a story there unless there's evidence he had something illegal on it. Which, has a reminder, ya'll don't seem to actually have. 

Wow.  Amazing stretch.  You sir, are a contortionist of the highest caliber. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Wow.  Amazing stretch.  You sir, are a contortionist of the highest caliber. 

"Local man owns laptop" = the president's son.

But you know, clearly just a run of the mill chap like you or I :innocent: lol

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Only matters if the President is a Republican to most on the left.   Remember his party of choice thinks biological men should be able to compete against women in sports.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

That's weak. A better explanation was that they were Fortifying the Election. "Fortification" is doublespeak for "we will amplify ideas we like and silence views we disagree with". 

I'm almost certain of it. Does that make it ok? That's a rhetorical question, by the way - of course it doesn't make it ok. 

Fortification sounds so sinister and novel.  It is every advertising campaign for a person or product ever conducted.  It might include even simple things like paying off a prostitute so people would not think a husband is a bad guy for seeking her out while his wife is pregnant.  

You say a better explanation, only because it seems more palatable to you.  Is the laptop real and damning to Biden or a total fake designed to help Trump?  If you don't know, it seems reasonable not to report until results are verified.  If the  FBI takes possession and does forensic analysis and verifies it is Hunter's for example and not Russian hacking it is verified.  That was done.  After that, the facts are open for reporting and do not need to be withheld for months.  I agree with you on that part.

I share your opinion that media should not lie to us, but it is not the world we live in.  I feel betrayed and vulnerable as I have realized I cannot trust any source to give me an unbiased picture.  Everybody who gives you information does so at a cost of time and treasure to themselves.  Everybody wants a return on their investment, nothing is free.  It makes me rather sad to have so little faith in my fellow man, and it requires mental and physical effort to be constantly on guard.  Seems to be the price of survival though.

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

A kid who has no actual position or influence in government has opposed to the last guy who ran a nepotism shitshow. He has exactly as much influence as Billy Carter for crying out loud 

54 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

A kid who has no actual position or influence in government has opposed to the last guy who ran a nepotism shitshow. He has exactly as much influence as Billy Carter for crying out loud 

I'm just saying the presidents son isn't exactly the same level as "local man owns laptop" 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Yeah, right.  It's not like biden ever threatened to withhold funds from Ukraine until they fired the man investigating the company of which Hunter Biden sat on the board.  Oh wait, actually it's exactly like that.  Hilariously when trump asked them to look into that dismissal is when such things became outrageous. :rolleyes:  

As long as you nitwits on both sides excuse this type of thing for your own team we shall continue to go to hell in a hand basket.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I'm just saying the presidents son isn't exactly the same level as "local man owns laptop" 

It is when you are an idealist without actual ideals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, right.  It's not like biden ever threatened to withhold funds from Ukraine until they fired the man investigating the company of which Hunter Biden sat on the board.  Oh wait, actually it's exactly like that.  Hilariously when trump asked them to look into that dismissal is when such things became outrageous. :rolleyes:  

As long as you nitwits on both sides excuse this type of thing for your own team we shall continue to go to hell in a hand basket.

Don't be ignorant.  You know as well as I do that Biden was doing that on orders from the President, and the UN fully supported it.  

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Don't be ignorant.  You know as well as I do that Biden was doing that on orders from the President, and the UN fully supported it.  

Oh, I'm quite sure of all of that.  Except it was probably permission and not orders. :yes:  So in your onion that means that it's above  board?  In mine it means that the nepotism and corruption runs deep and far.  Oh how ignorant of me to think such a thing?  Right? :rolleyes:  There is no corruption or nepotism in this brave new world of ours....except for trump of course :w00t:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Fortification sounds so sinister and novel.  It is every advertising campaign for a person or product ever conducted.  It might include even simple things like paying off a prostitute so people would not think a husband is a bad guy for seeking her out while his wife is pregnant.  

You say a better explanation, only because it seems more palatable to you.  Is the laptop real and damning to Biden or a total fake designed to help Trump?  If you don't know, it seems reasonable not to report until results are verified.  If the  FBI takes possession and does forensic analysis and verifies it is Hunter's for example and not Russian hacking it is verified.  That was done.  After that, the facts are open for reporting and do not need to be withheld for months.  I agree with you on that part.

I share your opinion that media should not lie to us, but it is not the world we live in.  I feel betrayed and vulnerable as I have realized I cannot trust any source to give me an unbiased picture.  Everybody who gives you information does so at a cost of time and treasure to themselves.  Everybody wants a return on their investment, nothing is free.  It makes me rather sad to have so little faith in my fellow man, and it requires mental and physical effort to be constantly on guard.  Seems to be the price of survival though.

I really do get what you are trying to say, Tate. But to me it misses the fact that if the situations were reversed, the media would not have cared about "possible hacked material". They used this as a convenient excuse to silence a relevant topic of discussion in the weeks leading up to the 2020 election because it went against their narrative. So effectively that 17 months later, only now are people becoming aware of it. 

Be honest, if Eric Trump left a laptop at a repair shop that showed him snorting cocaine with prostitutes and containing emails with Ukrainian officials thanking Eric for introducing him to his dad, as well as other emails from Ukrainian companies promising money to "the big guy" (even if "the big guy" is never mentioned by name), do you really think the media would have sat on their hands with that one? It would have been blasted on every talk show for days on end. Twitter and Facebook would have amplified the story and allowed everyone to share it. I wouldn't be surprised if the democrats tried to impeach Trump because of it (wouldn't be the first [or second] frivolous impeachment they brought against Trump). 

Maybe how the media treated this story is how the media SHOULD treat ALL stories. It would avoid messy cases like the Covington Catholic School guy (Nick Sandman). But they don't. They consistently run with stories that favour democrats and demonise republicans, and they suppress any story that runs counter to that narrative. They'll smear the right and issue corrections two days later that virtually no one reads while simultaneously refusing to run any anti-leftist article until its been thoroughly vetted for truth, and by the time they report on it it is so far in the past that it doesn't matter anymore (like Hunter's laptop). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I really do get what you are trying to say, Tate. But to me it misses the fact that if the situations were reversed, the media would not have cared about "possible hacked material". They used this as a convenient excuse to silence a relevant topic of discussion in the weeks leading up to the 2020 election because it went against their narrative. So effectively that 17 months later, only now are people becoming aware of it. 

Be honest, if Eric Trump left a laptop at a repair shop that showed him snorting cocaine with prostitutes and containing emails with Ukrainian officials thanking Eric for introducing him to his dad, as well as other emails from Ukrainian companies promising money to "the big guy" (even if "the big guy" is never mentioned by name), do you really think the media would have sat on their hands with that one? It would have been blasted on every talk show for days on end. Twitter and Facebook would have amplified the story and allowed everyone to share it. I wouldn't be surprised if the democrats tried to impeach Trump because of it (wouldn't be the first [or second] frivolous impeachment they brought against Trump). 

Maybe how the media treated this story is how the media SHOULD treat ALL stories. It would avoid messy cases like the Covington Catholic School guy (Nick Sandman). But they don't. They consistently run with stories that favour democrats and demonise republicans, and they suppress any story that runs counter to that narrative. They'll smear the right and issue corrections two days later that virtually no one reads while simultaneously refusing to run any anti-leftist article until its been thoroughly vetted for truth, and by the time they report on it it is so far in the past that it doesn't matter anymore (like Hunter's laptop). 

Amazing that so many don't see the very obvious things you stated in your post.  Thank you.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I will try to be honest.  If Eric Trump was exposed in that way, it would be big news.  Most people think that would be Don Jr.  Yes it would make it on the talk shows.  It would certainly be defended on FOX news.  Now be honest, you are aware that FOX has more viewership than CNN and MSNBC combined.  And as far as smears go, did FOX ever retract anything or apologize? It is not all one way.  Some MSM networks demonize Republicans and some demonize Democrats.  Conservatives are by no means helpless victims, innocently wronged.  The mud slinging goes both ways with equal power.

NO, Democrats would not try to impeach Trump for what his child did.   I believe that to be a conservative strategy from what I have seen.  Trump got investigated for suspected collusion with Russia by Mueller.  A number of people in Trumps sphere got indicted and convicted of crimes. After Mueller said a sitting president could not be prosecuted, , that was dropped.  He was impeached the first time for trying to blackmail Ukraine to get dirt on Biden.  I think it was Giuliani who was recorded in another call saying, you don't really have to do an investigation, just say you are.  That is a preview of Trumps comments to DOJ, you don't have to find election fraud, just say there was and we will handle the rest.  He got impeached the second time  for his participation in the Jan. 6 riot.

All three elder Trump children have been involved in campaign and business dealings with their father.  Hunter has never been part of the government, or his dads advisor or as far as we know.  H ow many things like breakfasts with Hunter's business associates, getting to ride on Air Force 1 or 2 to foreign countries where they had business or introducing this dad to associates has been duplicated right out in public view by the Trump family.  The Trump hotel in DC was a bag drop for foreign interests wanting to curry favor with the Trumps while Donald was President.

To be honest, I think a lot of things liberals do are stupid and their policies frequently backfire.  I used to vote for conservative candidates and even thought  W Bush would be OK even if a little dumb.  I don't dislike Donald Trump because he is conservative, he is not.  I distrust him because he is a self serving con man.  I dislike the fact that conservatives have been tarnished by white supremacists and grifters.

It seems true in American politics that @OverSwordand @Desertrat56are correct, only demise of the current major parties and power from third parties offer much hope of  the US government not swirling down the drain in more backbiting, corruption, lies and grift.

• Thanks 3

On 3/20/2022 at 8:53 AM, Autochthon1990 said:

So since we're 22 pages into this thread. Let me just come out and ask it.

Does anybody, at all, anywhere, have solid proof that Hunter Biden's laptop had illicit, illegal material on it? Has there been any information released that any of the claims about the content of said laptop had any degree of actual truth to them?

Because this sounds an awful lot like folks claiming "SEE, he really DID own a laptop, therefore all the theories we had about him owning CP MUST be true!" which...laptop ownership is not an indication of pedophilia. 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:34 AM, Autochthon1990 said:

How is "Hunter Biden owns a laptop" newsworthy, then, without some wrongdoing or criminal evidence?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-ex-partner-tony-bobulinski-calls-joe-biden-a-liar/

Didn't Bobulinski confirm a bunch of it with his own emails that he saved? And isn't the whole point that the emails say the Big Guy was getting Chinese money. And Joe said it wasn't so, though Bobulinski said Joe is actually the Big Guy.

Its not that there was illegal material on the laptop, but that there was embarrassing material which the Bidens denied happened. Thus they, like Trump, lied openly to the American Public. Those who thought Trump was wrong should think Joe was wrong to lie.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/hunter-ex-partner-tony-bobulinski-calls-joe-biden-a-liar/

Didn't Bobulinski confirm a bunch of it with his own emails that he saved? And isn't the whole point that the emails say the Big Guy was getting Chinese money. And Joe said it wasn't so, though Bobulinski said Joe is actually the Big Guy.

Its not that there was illegal material on the laptop, but that there was embarrassing material which the Bidens denied happened. Thus they, like Trump, lied openly to the American Public. Those who thought Trump was wrong should think Joe was wrong to lie.

But he turned everything he had over to the FBI.

Doesn't the lack of further action indicate it really didn't amount to much? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

But he turned everything he had over to the FBI.

Doesn't the lack of further action indicate it really didn't amount to much? 

Depends. It took three years for the Russian Collusion investigation to complete. So it could still be years before the FBI acts.

The only reason we know Bobulinski said anything is because he went to the news as well as the FBI. 

Anyway, I'm not sure there's anything criminal there, but 100% sure there's VERY embassasing stuff there. On Hunter and Joe.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Okay allow me to explain how this works

Hanging out with a guy who turned out to be a criminal doesn't make you a criminal. 

Funny I thought that was the entire basis of much of the investigation by Mueller. Who so much as knew, or had met, a Russian... Before, or while, working for Trump.

Yeah, actually hanging out with a criminal is criminal, if you're an accessory.

Ignorance is often a defense, but often not a successful one.

Billy knew who and what Epstein was. He was no blushing virgin.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:34 AM, Autochthon1990 said:

How is "Hunter Biden owns a laptop" newsworthy, then, without some wrongdoing or criminal evidence?

Why do YOU think the FBI has spent any time at all on it? The FBI hates Biden? C'Mon Man!

If there was no appearance of a crime, the FBI wouldn't have an open investigation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Why do YOU think the FBI has spent any time at all on it? The FBI hates Biden? C'Mon Man!

If there was no appearance of a crime, the FBI wouldn't have an open investigation.

That's operating under the assumption that they are investigating Hunter over it.  Guiliani and his associates were under investigation at that time as well.  The FBI even raided his apartment. 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 6:20 PM, Agent0range said:

Oh, so mainstream news outlets got banned from sharing the story?  And not individual accounts?  People sharing mainstream news stories got banned?  Your source does not state that people got banned for linking a mainstream news article...

This article says individual accounts were censored, but not banned. They couldn't share those stories.

https://fortune.com/2020/10/14/hunter-biden-laptop-story-facebook/

A spokesperson for Facebook took to Twitter on Wednesday to say the media company would restrict the spread of a tabloid story that recounts the alleged discovery of a “smoking gun” email linking this year’s Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, to corruption in Ukraine.

Facebook’s decision to limit the spread of the suspect Biden email story reflects another recent innovation by the company that involves using “circuit breakers” to preempt false stories from going viral.

Twitter has responded to the controversy by blocking users’ ability to share the tabloid link in question.

11 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That's operating under the assumption that they are investigating Hunter over it.  Guiliani and his associates were under investigation at that time as well.  The FBI even raided his apartment. 

I thought I read the investigation was ongoing. I know he is being investigated for taxes, so maybe the laptop is involved with that. 

I'd imagine of there's email about his overseas financial ventures  that such would be included as evidence in a tax investigation.

Edited by DieChecker

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Depends. It took three years for the Russian Collusion investigation to complete. So it could still be years before the FBI acts.

The only reason we know Bobulinski said anything is because he went to the news as well as the FBI. 

Anyway, I'm not sure there's anything criminal there, but 100% sure there's VERY embassasing stuff there. On Hunter and Joe.

Even if Joe ended up being the big guy, would there be any point in pursuing it now that Trump has opened the can't impeach a sitting president can of worms?