Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunter Biden's Laptop [Merged]

and-then

23 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

The term for what you are describing is I think, 'biased left-wing media'.  Everything you say, taken vice versa, applies to the right wing media. I recommend continuing to refer to 'the media' but as you said be consistent, you used pretty accurately the term 'Faux News' so that practically admits that 'They consistently run with stories that favour democrats and demonise republicans, and they suppress any story that runs counter to that narrative. They'll smear the right and issue corrections two days later that virtually no one reads while simultaneously refusing to run any anti-leftist article until its been thoroughly vetted for truth, and by the time they report on it it is so far in the past that it doesn't matter anymore' applies at least equally the other way to right wing outlets. 

I can't accept that as a reasonable definition. "Biased left-wing media" basically describes 99% of outlets out there right now, but if I were to clarify that I intended to mean "Biased left wing media" virtually no one would get what I'm saying. They would disqualify CNN or MSNBC from my list because they don't recognise that CNN or MSNBC is a biased left wing media outlet. 

23 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

On the contrary, it sounds like your right wing programming has taken pretty firm hold.  I am referring to this and here was my statement: "Fox News' lawyers won't even argue for the trustworthiness of some of their programming."  Are you arguing that this statement is false, yes or no?  I thought that was well established.  I didn't say one word about Maddow, nothing I said is invalidated by 'but she did it too!', the comparison to her is utterly irrelevant, and technically the reference was to CNN whom she does not work for.  So what does the fact that you essentially invented an argument from me from one sentence say about the power of your mainstream media and its ability to fool your perceptions?

I'm not even sure what point you are making above, I think it's the differences in reporting of the two but your first link is an opinion piece so I'm not even following your summation of the argument I didn't make.

You are misunderstanding me. This isn't a "my guy is bad but your guy is bad too" case, this is a "neither of the guys are bad, but the media went to town on my guy and made him into a bad guy, but the same media made your guy out to be a reasonable person". 

Very very VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VEREY VERY VERY VERY different!

So yes, to answer your question plainly - "Are you arguing that this statement is false, yes or no": to which, my answer is categorically yes, that statement is false. That is not what they argued, and you are misrepresenting them. Fox News lawyers argued that Tucker Carlson runs an opinion show that includes opinions on the news. That is NOT the same as Fox lawyers arguing that their programming is untrustworthy! 

It's not controversial to say that Tucker Carlson fronts a program that provides commentary on current events, and therefore includes opinions. The media turned it into a controversy because they want you think think badly about Carlson. The fact that you've bought into it suggests the media succeeded. 

17 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Just curious since you know the details on this, what specifically has been found to not be fake?  I'll assume they've determined there's an actual laptop.  Have they determined that it was owned by Hunter?  Have they verified that all of the emails were sent by Hunter?  I was just wondering as I keep hearing and seeing it homogenized as 'the laptop is real' which can mean a lot of different things.

I'm going to assume you haven't really looked into it. Within 24 hours of the laptop being circulated there was a copy of the contract Hunter signed circulating the net, including Hunter's signature on the form. That has NEVER been in doubt! 17 months later, the same applies to that. Hunter 100% owns the laptop. 

The emails are legitimate too, again in 17 months since it came to light no one has said that an email was put on there that doesn't belong to Hunter. 

It's not just "the laptop is real", but the fact that you don't know that demonstrates that the mainstream media has done its job in hiding the truth from you. 

2 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I can't accept that as a reasonable definition. "Biased left-wing media" basically describes 99% of outlets out there right now, but if I were to clarify that I intended to mean "Biased left wing media" virtually no one would get what I'm saying. They would disqualify CNN or MSNBC from my list because they don't recognise that CNN or MSNBC is a biased left wing media outlet. 

You are like the biggest snowflake crybaby ever.  DirecTV has Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, CNN, MSNBC and what else?  Like, seriously, the fact that OAN and Newsmax get any airtime at all completely make your statement look stupid.  They are WAY more biased than any mainstream left leaning news.

39 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Nope.  The hardware becomes the stores, not the userid and password to access The Cloud.

If he accessed material from the Cloud, I'd agree. That doesn't seem to be what's happened, however. 

29 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

This smells like a way of manufacturing a pathway to evidence.  Why is Giulliani involved?

This smells like a way of dismissing an inconvenient truth!

11 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

6 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You are like the biggest snowflake crybaby ever.  DirecTV has Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, CNN, MSNBC and what else?  Like, seriously, the fact that OAN and Newsmax get any airtime at all completely make your statement look stupid.  They are WAY more biased than any mainstream left leaning news.

@Liquid Gardens - I present to you Exhibit A. 

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

And the left has The Young Turks, The View, and pretty much every late night talk show. Pretty much all of which are further left than CNN or MSNBC!

10 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

And the left has The Young Turks, The View, and pretty much every late night talk show. Pretty much all of which are further left than CNN or MSNBC!

Legit never heard of The Young Turks...and The View?  What are you?  A stay at home mom?

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Legit never heard of The Young Turks...and The View?  What are you?  A stay at home mom?

I'd legit never heard of DirecTV either. so I guess that makes us even. 

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

I'd never heard of DirecTV either. so I guess that makes us even. 

Oh, well, if you've never heard of the largest provider of cable in the United States, I guess you shouldn't really be commenting on the reach of left wing vs right wing news...

Just now, Agent0range said:

Oh, well, if you've never heard of the largest provider of cable in the United States, I guess you shouldn't really be commenting on the reach of left wing vs right wing news...

What comes to Australia is CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CBC, ABC, FOX and the like. We don't get OAN, or anything like that on your cable channels. That's what I have access to in order to make my observations on US news. If we only get left wing stuff, that's on the media

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

What comes to Australia is CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CBC, ABC, FOX and the like. We don't get OAN, or anything like that on your cable channels. That's what I have access to in order to make my observations on US news. If we only get left wing stuff, that's on the media

OK?  So why do you think you should be commenting on the news available in the United States?  Do you think the news available to you in Australia has anything at all to do with politics in the United States?  The fact that you have never heard of the largest cable subscriber in the US, and that they offer OAN and Newsmax means you are really just shooting from the hip when it comes to any comment you make on the political stance of "99%" of news in the US...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

If he accessed material from the Cloud, I'd agree. That doesn't seem to be what's happened, however. 

This smells like a way of dismissing an inconvenient truth!

It's unusual to store things on a HDD that are usually stored on the cloud.  You might do that when you're planning to give it to someone else.

I'd guess that selfies, text messages, and emails are all stored on the cloud.  And, data doesn't become the property of the store if hardware is not collected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

You only get access to CNN by paying Murdoch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Different ABC here and there too. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

OK?  So why do you think you should be commenting on the news available in the United States?  Do you think the news available to you in Australia has anything at all to do with politics in the United States?  The fact that you have never heard of the largest cable subscriber in the US, and that they offer OAN and Newsmax means you are really just shooting from the hip when it comes to any comment you make on the political stance of "99%" of news in the US...

I'm commenting on the news as it reaches me with the form of news that I have available. At the very least this demonstrates to you what type of news gets broadcast about America into countries like ours. It's very left-leaning, and it's very biased. If that's because the Australian media has chosen to only broadcast Fox and a bunch of left-leaning news channels, that's an indictment on the Australian media. 

Unless you are arguing that only Americans are allowed to post in this section of the forum, in which case I'll just disagree and move on. But I doubt that is your view. Honestly it sounds like you're reaching for straws to dismiss valid concerns. 

33 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

It's unusual to store things on a HDD that are usually stored on the cloud.  You might do that when you're planning to give it to someone else.

I'd guess that selfies, text messages, and emails are all stored on the cloud.  And, data doesn't become the property of the store if hardware is not collected.

Nevertheless, the laptop contained non-hacked material of a sensitive nature that was (and indeed is today) suppressed by the mainstream media because they wanted a democrat president. 

31 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Nice rationalisation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paranoid Android said:

I'm commenting on the news as it reaches me with the form of news that I have available. At the very least this demonstrates to you what type of news gets broadcast about America into countries like ours. It's very left-leaning, and it's very biased. If that's because the Australian media has chosen to only broadcast Fox and a bunch of left-leaning news channels, that's an indictment on the Australian media. 

Unless you are arguing that only Americans are allowed to post in this section of the forum, in which case I'll just disagree and move on. But I doubt that is your view. Honestly it sounds like you're reaching for straws to dismiss valid concerns. 

Not saying that at all.  I'm saying that you insinuating that 99% of political news broadcast in the US is left leaning has absolutely ZERO merit coming from someone who doesn't ingest news in the US.  You don't know what's available, so don't try to paint it as something it isn't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

Not saying that at all.  I'm saying that you insinuating that 99% of political news broadcast in the US is left leaning has absolutely ZERO merit coming from someone who doesn't ingest news in the US.  You don't know what's available, so don't try to paint it as something it isn't.

Right wing Aussies tend to embrace American politics to my personal experience. 

I figure it's because we don't have much right wing sources. I would think it's simply because there is no call for it. If it was popular, people would be exploiting that. 

Just now, Agent0range said:

Then I'll write instead that 99% of political news that makes its way into Australia from American channels is solidly left leaning! And that is still an indictment on the media as it exists in Australia. It sounds like we're arguing petty minutiae right now, in any case. How big is OAN outside of America? How trustworthy is OAN compared to Fox News? What percentage of people watch Fox compared to OAN? If I were to go and check trust ratings, how high on the trust rating would OAN be? How many people would distrust it? 

Considering Fox News already appears to be the most distrusted mainstream news network (38% of Americans distrust it), where does OAN rank? It sounds like you're trying to hoodwink me, I have a feeling if my experience of news was significantly different from Americans I would have been told already by others that my sources are incomplete. 

9 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Nevertheless, the laptop contained non-hacked material of a sensitive nature that was (and indeed is today) suppressed by the mainstream media because they wanted a democrat president. 

Nice rationalisation. 

How do say it is not hacked?  Was it the store's userid and password?

CNN is not shoved in your face.  You have to seek out CNN to watch it and get upset by it.  You do that by paying money to Murdoch.  I watch the Cricket and the F1 on Fox.  That CNN causes you such trauma sounds like a you problem.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

It shouldn't shock me, but it does shock me, that people still think the laptop story is fake. 

18 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Full article - New York Times

Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop

Bolding mine.

Validity of the emails aside — the NYT still can't conclusively evidence where the emails originally came from.

Which leaves open the possibility that a laptop loaded with Russian-hacked data was laundered to Rudy specifically to use as a weapon in the 2020 elections.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

Then I'll write instead that 99% of political news that makes its way into Australia from American channels is solidly left leaning! And that is still an indictment on the media as it exists in Australia. It sounds like we're arguing petty minutiae right now, in any case. How big is OAN outside of America? How trustworthy is OAN compared to Fox News? What percentage of people watch Fox compared to OAN? If I were to go and check trust ratings, how high on the trust rating would OAN be? How many people would distrust it? 

Considering Fox News already appears to be the most distrusted mainstream news network (38% of Americans distrust it), where does OAN rank? It sounds like you're trying to hoodwink me, I have a feeling if my experience of news was significantly different from Americans I would have been told already by others that my sources are incomplete. 

Oh, well...***.  I'm sorry that you, who can't vote in the US receives left leaning US news at an exponential rate.  Ever wonder why the right leaning media who by far bring in much more money won't spend it to reach out to you?  Because you don't matter to them!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

How do say it is not hacked?  Was it the store's userid and password?

It's not me saying it, it's the news saying it now. The "hacked material" story was dropped by the media within weeks of the story, I honestly don't know why you're still saying it's hacked. 

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

CNN is not shoved in your face.  You have to seek out CNN to watch it and get upset by it.  You do that by paying money to Murdoch.  I watch the Cricket and the F1 on Fox.  That CNN causes you such trauma sounds like a you problem.

It's much the same if you watch channel 7 or 9 or ABC news in Australia. Not quite as bad as CNN, but still pretty bad. 

I don't like cricket or F1 - we apparently have different tastes. 

CNN doesn't "cause me trauma", this sounds like a convenient way to paint my views into a ridiculous belief that doesn't actually represent what I truly believe. 

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop

Bolding mine.

Validity of the emails aside — the NYT still can't conclusively evidence where the emails originally came from.

Which leaves open the possibility that a laptop loaded with Russian-hacked data was laundered to Rudy specifically to use as a weapon in the 2020 elections.

The "hacked material" line has been dropped by the media long ago. Why are you still running with it? 

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Oh, well...***.  I'm sorry that you, who can't vote in the US receives left leaning US news at an exponential rate.  Ever wonder why the right leaning media who by far bring in much more money won't spend it to reach out to you?  Because you don't matter to them!  

I don't want to vote in your country. 

You're just trolling for a reaction now, I'm not going to play that game. 

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Right wing Aussies tend to embrace American politics to my personal experience. 

I figure it's because we don't have much right wing sources. I would think it's simply because there is no call for it. If it was popular, people would be exploiting that. 

Outside of Murdoch, the Conservative Media lives on sensationalism anyway.

Which leaves you with talk radio and government funded.  The ABC looks like they now have an obvious diversity policy but at least they're not taking the cheap shots.

• Like 1