Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunter Biden's Laptop [Merged]

and-then

4 hours ago, Br Cornelius said:

I have been trying to get my head around the significance of this story and as yet I cannot seem to grasp any actual statement of what illegal act this laptop reveals and how it relates in any way to Biden the President.

Br Cornelius

Joe Biden said he didn't know about his son's business dealings.

Because Joe was at a dinner for 12 at Cafe Milano, the purportedly dementia suffering POTUS could effectively conduct a desktop audit of Hunter Biden.  The usual have your cake and eat it too campaigning before an election.

43 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Does expert analysis of the signature count as evidence? 

By a retired FBI guy hired for an article by John Solomon?

Given Solomon's prior history, I'm going to have to go with a hard No, on that one. Sorry.

But, more to the point — it's apparently not compelling enough for the NYT, either.

They don't. He was handwaving! 

In your opinion.

In my opinion, it's clear that he's claiming he has no knowledge of how the laptop ended up at the repair shop.

But that is bullcrap! There is no Russian intelligence operation.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, it's still a possibility until proven otherwise.

And as I've continued to note — the NYT still can't say for certain whether or not Hunter Biden dropped off that laptop.

Which I believe you'll find is the point.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

This does make me wonder.  What are the legal ways that someone can get access to someone else's laptop without a warrant?  The only possible way is abandonment at a repair shop right?

It's the only possible way that I'm aware of.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

I'm going to have to go with a hard No

I expected as much. When we cannot agree on basic facts there's literally no point discussing!

11 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

And as I've continued to note — the NYT still can't say for certain whether or not Hunter Biden dropped off that laptop.

They could, they can, they just choose not to because it goes against their narrative. The fact that NYT refuses to plainly state the truth is one of the reasons people don't trust NYT! It is a biased democrat mouthpiece at this stage! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

I expected as much. When we cannot agree on basic facts there's literally no point discussing!

The basic facts are that I wouldn't trust John Solomon as far as I could throw him.

But again — this isn't about me. This is about the NYT.

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

They could, they can, they just choose not to because it goes against their narrative.

And, in your opinion, their narrative here would be...?

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

But again — this isn't about me. This is about the NYT.

The NYT is a joke, it is an untrustworthy source that is consistently found to be lying. They even tried arguing in a lawsuit that their factual news stories are opinions! 

51 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

And, in your opinion, their narrative here would be...?

In broad strokes - push forward democrat interests, and curtail republican interests... The democrats are pro-censorship, which is perfectly in line with legacy media's desires - they want to control the flow of information and be the ones who people turn to. The republicans stand up for free speech, therefore they are a natural enemy to legacy media. If anyone with a microphone and a YouTube channel can report the truth, organisations like NYT become less relevant. 

Edit: auto correct changed my words, I've changed them back. 

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

The NYT is a joke, it is an untrustworthy source that is consistently found to be lying.

Your opinion is noted.

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

In broad strokes - push forward democrat interests, and curtail republican interests..

And you believe they did that here, by confirming that the Hunter Biden emails were genuine?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Your opinion is noted.

It's a lot better than most opinions on the NYT.

10 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

And you believe they did that here, by confirming that the Hunter Biden emails were genuine?

No, that's why they are only commenting on this story 17 months later, while burying it deep in a subscriber-only article and using vague language. As I've said several times, the media rarely outright lies to your face. But they are masters of misdirection, and so when inconvenient facts get in the way of their narrative they have to bury it in a story and use vague language to describe it, that way they can still give the impression that they reported on the story while maintaining their pro-censorship narrative! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

No, that's why they are only commenting on this story 17 months later, while burying it deep in a subscriber-only article and using vague language. As I've said several times, the media rarely outright lies to your face. But they are masters of misdirection, and so when inconvenient facts get in the way of their narrative they have to bury it in a story and use vague language to describe it, that way they can still give the impression that they reported on the story while maintaining their pro-censorship narrative! 

I am curious what your opinions are about "Catch and Kill" practices like what was used by American Media to shield Trump regarding stories like Karen McDougal: 'Catch and kill': How a tabloid shields Trump from troublesome stories (cnn.com) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Well. In your opinion, at least.

Slightly surprised you're willing to pay a subscription for a publication that you believe is "a joke, it is an untrustworthy source that is consistently found to be lying."

22 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

No, that's why they are only commenting on this story 17 months later, while burying it deep in a subscriber-only article and using vague language.

As far as I'm aware, almost all of the NYT articles are subscriber-only.

And they could have just as easily not have published anything on this, at all.

However — the fact remains that they did, and that even 17 months later — they still can't say for certain whether or not Hunter Biden dropped off that laptop.

Which I believe you'll find is still my point.

So — are we done here, or do you fancy a few more rounds?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Mac Isaac, himself, said the hardware would be recycled.

I doubt the software licences transfer.

It still questionable how a 2013/14 email is accessed on a 2016 model Macbook.

2016 MacBook. Thats weird. If the election was in November, and Guiliani sat on it for six months, and the repair guy had it for maybe three months before he claimed it as payment... That would mean it was less then a year old. Maybe only a couple months old, when brought into the shop.

Did they ever say what was wrong with it?

They do sell the next years model at the end of the previous year, 2015 in this case. But seems unusual for such a new computer to need actual repairs.

• Like 1

I think that calling this laptop a Russian disinformation attempt is about as likely as Bush arranging the 9-11 attacks on the WTC. Or Obama covering up being born in Kenya. The odds are approximately zero. But makes nice click bait for those who would want it to be true.

The Russians would have to have extensive access to Hunter Bidens emails and pictures. Then convincingly load them onto the laptop so they look authentic. Then figure out the exact time to drop it off, to achieve their election interference goals. And where to drop it off to seem authentic. Then somehow know when and if, the repairman will claim it, and examine the HD, and report it to the FBI. Then know that somehow the FBI, or someone else, would spring it on the media in the weeks running up to the election.

What are the odds? Approximately zero would be my guess.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

2016 MacBook. Thats weird. If the election was in November, and Guiliani sat on it for six months, and the repair guy had it for maybe three months before he claimed it as payment... That would mean it was less then a year old. Maybe only a couple months old, when brought into the shop.

Did they ever say what was wrong with it?

They do sell the next years model at the end of the previous year, 2015 in this case. But seems unusual for such a new computer to need actual repairs.

All three MacBooks were said to be water damaged 2016 models.

Two were was analysed on the spot.  One was a total writeoff.  The other was returned to the customer with keyboard on loan.

Mac Isaac also says the FBI contacted him  after taking the Macbook, for tech support, including advice on which cable to buy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think that calling this laptop a Russian disinformation attempt is about as likely as Bush arranging the 9-11 attacks on the WTC. Or Obama covering up being born in Kenya. The odds are approximately zero. But makes nice click bait for those who would want it to be true.

The Russians would have to have extensive access to Hunter Bidens emails and pictures. Then convincingly load them onto the laptop so they look authentic. Then figure out the exact time to drop it off, to achieve their election interference goals. And where to drop it off to seem authentic. Then somehow know when and if, the repairman will claim it, and examine the HD, and report it to the FBI. Then know that somehow the FBI, or someone else, would spring it on the media in the weeks running up to the election.

The term "more Russian misinformation" seemed like a metaphor to me.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

The republicans stand up for free speech, therefore they are a natural enemy to legacy media. If anyone with a microphone and a YouTube channel can report the truth, organisations like NYT become less relevant. 

Free speech does not mean true speech. Anyone with a microphone and YouTube channel can talk about anything they want.  There is no requirement they offer any truth.  It is entertainment, that is all you can say about it .  They don't have to provide sources or provenance or any evidence of research, just a statement.  The value of the NYT or any media source is the ability to do research and maintain a chain of sources and evidence that can be cross examined by the final reader.  The reputation for accuracy  must be established and maintained constantly or it loses value.  

I won't say if NYT does, but the average YouTube channel certainly does not meet that standard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

All three MacBooks were said to be water damaged 2016 models.

Two were was analysed on the spot.  One was a total writeoff.  The other was returned to the customer with keyboard on loan.

Mac Isaac also says the FBI contacted him  after taking the Macbook, for tech support, including advice on which cable to buy.

Thats interesting. Generally isn't the HD sealed? If it was a disk, or a SSD, wouldn't either still be able to just attach a cable and collect files? 

Very weird.

FBI contacting a random computer guy for advise? Don't they have high level tech guys on staff?

Weird.

52 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Thats interesting. Generally isn't the HD sealed? If it was a disk, or a SSD, wouldn't either still be able to just attach a cable and collect files? 

Very weird.

FBI contacting a random computer guy for advise? Don't they have high level tech guys on staff?

Weird.

He explained that Macbooks had an SSD, but if the logic board was damaged then there was nothing that could be done.

The interview is on soundcloud.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-who-reportedly-gave-hunters-laptop-to-rudy-speaks-out-in-bizarre-interview

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

He explained that Macbooks had an SSD, but if the logic board was damaged then there was nothing that could be done.

The interview is on soundcloud.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-who-reportedly-gave-hunters-laptop-to-rudy-speaks-out-in-bizarre-interview

Oh... A quick internet search showed me that the logic board is needed to decrypt the data. The logic board can be repaired, but Apple general doesn't support that, so repairs like that are warranty killers. So likely the data was basically lost. If it had been a windows laptop, drive probably could have been recovered.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The FBI didn't spring it on the media. Rudy did.

Potential timeline of the alleged scam might be:

• Rudy learns of the laptop / hard drive while in Ukraine, May 30th 2019.
  • Laptop / Hard drive is acquired.
  • Laptop is given to Repair Guy.
  • Invoice is forged to show date prior to Rudy going to Ukraine, to put Rudy in the clear.
  • Repair Guy contacts the FBI in December 2019, hands over laptop.
  • After the FBI doesn't do anything, Repair Guy contacts — of all the people in the universe — Rudy with convenient copy of the hard drive in Aug 2020.
  • Rudy starts looking for someone in the Press who'll take the hard drive and run the story.
  • NY Post runs the story, in Oct 2020, two weeks before the election.
  • Rudy's flat is raided by the FBI in late Apr 2021. They decline to take the copies of the Hunter Biden hard drives Rudy has there.
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

The FBI didn't spring it on the media. Rudy did.

Potential timeline of the alleged scam might be:

• Rudy learns of the laptop / hard drive while in Ukraine, May 30th 2019.
  • Laptop / Hard drive is acquired.
  • Laptop is given to Repair Guy.
  • Invoice is forged to show date prior to Rudy going to Ukraine, to put Rudy in the clear.
  • Repair Guy contacts the FBI in December 2019, hands over laptop.
  • After the FBI doesn't do anything, Repair Guy contacts — of all the people in the universe — Rudy with convenient copy of the hard drive in Aug 2020.
  • Rudy starts looking for someone in the Press who'll take the hard drive and run the story.
  • NY Post runs the story, in Oct 2020, two weeks before the election.
  • Rudy's flat is raided by the FBI in late Apr 2021. They decline to take the copies of the Hunter Biden hard drives Rudy has there.

Very slimey. I dislike Rudi a great deal.

The calls of Russian disinformation came later. After the NYP article.

I was speculating on how the "Russians" would have planned for the laptop to affect the election. They would have had to be counting on the FBI outing Hunter, which I think was unlikely given the state of the FBI investigation before the election.

Thus my opinion of this being Russian in origin as very unlikely. 

The odds of it being a Giuliani based fraud, i think is slim, but much higher then Russians.

Edited by DieChecker

17 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

On the matter of avoiding straightforward questions....  Do you feel the same way about Maddow? Would you agree that her lawyers "wouldn't argue that she was trustworthy"?

You forgot to add that the question I didn't bother to answer is something off-topic.  Based on what I'm aware of in both Maddow's/Tucker's cases, 'her and his lawyers wouldn't argue that she or he was trustworthy' is true, unless you can find a quote where they did.  It's a factual statement, like you I won't try to make excuses or falsely accuse others of misrepresenting what the lawyers said.

Now, I'm not going to bother asking you the same question a third time.  I'll just point out how ridiculous and hypocritical it is for someone who is so outraged at the media 'lying' so freely engages in the same thing. And like much of biased right-wing media, you don't seem to care about correcting it or backing it up.  It's especially loony on this specific topic when you complain about the media lying to 'us', when on this topic lying to you doesn't matter at all since you couldn't even vote in our election. 

17 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Do you have a quote where I said "I don't understand why anyone might think I am far right"? 

See, English is a wonderfully rich language where it is possible to say something multiple ways so exact quotations are not necessary, we have things like 'synonyms' which are very handy, but I guess I would want to try to distract and switch the topic too though.  Unlike you I try to be an honest arguer though, so go ahead and do your zany word-lawyering on your quote from earlier this month, "What does it even mean to be "left wing" or "right wing"?  I've personally been called "far right" by people from this forum, though I do not see myself anywhere close to that.", and argue how that's a misrepresentation in your mind.  Yes I guess you can hair-split and say that you do actually 'understand' why people think you're far right, though you didn't say that, and just don't 'see' yourself as that, but I'm satisfied that my quote is close enough and far closer to what you said than your lies about what I did not say, so I should be well within your allowable boundaries.  But you seem to be struggling with what 'conclusion' even means so I doubt you'd agree.

• Thanks 1

Today Breitbart published an interview with the computer repair shop guy. It give a detailed chronology of what happened with the laptop once it was left for repair - 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/27/nolte-hunter-biden-laptop-whistleblower-john-paul-mac-isaac-the-breitbart-news-interview/

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Today Breitbart published an interview with the computer repair shop guy. It give a detailed chronology of what happened with the laptop once it was left for repair - 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/27/nolte-hunter-biden-laptop-whistleblower-john-paul-mac-isaac-the-breitbart-news-interview/

Hahahha, so he blames the government for being broke?  Who in their right mind is going to drop their device off at a repair shop that goes through personal data?

And wait wait wait...so he knows of Hunter Biden, Beau Biden, says Hunter is drunk, and gives this man he knows to be a millionaire a giant discount?  Skeptics out there, read the interview, please...and become even more skeptical...because this guy is full of crap.

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Their going to put fingers in their ears and scream "Russia, Russia, Russia...", as loud as they can. 

Its all made up... The guys a liar... Russians... Hunter was in Ukraine at the time... Rudi is a crook...

And so on....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Their going to put fingers in their ears and scream "Russia, Russia, Russia...", as loud as they can. 

Its all made up... The guys a liar... Russians... Hunter was in Ukraine at the time... Rudi is a crook...

And so on....

His story has changed.  He still doesn't explain how he accesses material from 2014.