Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interview with David Fravor

TrumanB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8zcAttP1E

Four hours of interview with a navy pilot who had experience with UFOs on podcast that is mostly focused on Artificial Intelligence and CS. Who can miss that!

Edited by TrumanB

Im guessing this is the short version... :sleepy: ... We saw something that we cant explain.

Some believe that this is enough proof of ET visitation, I dont, not even close to what I need before getting my hopes up.

• Like 1

If you're not into listening to the whole interview my suggestion is to check 2:30:01 - Response to Mick West Debunking.

I'd like to know what forum skeptics think of debunking Mick West's debunking. :D

20 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Who can miss that!

Me.

13 hours ago, TrumanB said:

If you're not into listening to the whole interview my suggestion is to check 2:30:01 - Response to Mick West Debunking.

1.  The interviewer is incredibly long winded.... get to the point!!!  When Fravor is actually asked the first question about judging distances/sizes, he first tells us how good he is at that sorta thing. Bad start.  A genuinely good  observer would start with humility and something like "Yes, there are lot of traps when trying to judge distances" and then would elaborate and deal with those traps.  You know, traps like his silly statement that he is familiar with Hornets (and yes, I'm sure he is), but the thing WASN'T a Hornet, so he had NO size clues from the actual appearance of the thing!!!  As it was clear he was just wanting to be portrayed as a perfect observer, rather than actually show us that he understood how difficult it is to do optical estimations, I stopped at that point.  Useless drivel.

Hopefully you can find someone else more patient than me that can address more of it, but I'm out.  Fravor comes across to me as a ******.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, TrumanB said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8zcAttP1E

Four hours of interview with a navy pilot who had experience with UFOs on podcast that is mostly focused on Artificial Intelligence and CS. Who can miss that!

That's actually not a bad show at times and has some interesting people/views.

The Fravor thing is interesting but has been done many times. He seems like a sincere and genuine man who experienced something he can't explain. He isn't the first. There is nothing conclusive about it, especially if your thinking aliens, but if you wish to believe otherwise that's up to yourself. 

• Like 1

Yes, he also looks sincere to me. And claims that Mick West has no idea how things work in the pilot seat.

18 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Yes, he also looks sincere to me. And claims that Mick West has no idea how things work in the pilot seat.

Well, looking / sounding sincere is all that is required, right?  

I claim that Fravor comes across as an exaggerator, a bad observer with ego that gets in the way, and uses his story as a moneymaking exercise.

And Mick West is a pilot and has a very sound knowledge of aeronautics, so he does have a bit of an idea...  Interestingly, military pilots (like Fravor) have a bit of a reputation for .. well, how can one put it .. telling tales, exaggerating their skills, exaggerating their tales of dangerous situations, and also they are taught to treat everything as a potential threat (refer to that TopGun documentary for evidence.. :D ).  That sort of attitude is not the one you want if you want to ID or analyse something.

As I've said before, what a shame that miltary (and ALL aircraft) are not fitted with decent 'dashcams' that might help support wild claims like fravor's.  Even more of a shame that the radar and FLIR data we do have, does not support fravor's claims.  Gosh, Biggles, that's such bad luck....

• Like 3

He is not the only military pilot who claims that. I listened to two from my region who also have crazy stories like this form 70s and 80s. These people seem serious to me, I don't think that they would exaggarete things.

On 10/16/2020 at 3:06 AM, ChrLzs said:

A genuinely good  observer would start with humility and something like "Yes, there are lot of traps when trying to judge distances" and then would elaborate and deal with those traps.  You know, traps like his silly statement that he is familiar with Hornets (and yes, I'm sure he is), but the thing WASN'T a Hornet, so he had NO size clues from the actual appearance of the thing!!!  As it was clear he was just wanting to be portrayed as a perfect observer, rather than actually show us that he understood how difficult it is to do optical estimations, I stopped at that point. 

If you had continued, you wouldn't have bothered to write such a silly post. Fravor details how pilots, including himself, can be fooled

On 10/17/2020 at 7:39 PM, TrumanB said:

These people seem serious to me

Thread's over then.  It's proven.  These things are .. er..  er.. whatever those guys said.

...as there is NOT A SHRED of decent supporting evidence, and clearly will never be.

• Thanks 1