Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
janesix

There was no advanced ancient civilization

377 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

papageorge1
1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

yeah pap i luv ya but you do my head in mate= enjoy your fantasy;)

‘Fantasy’?  Enjoy your insulation mechanisms!  The universe is mysterious in my reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

‘Fantasy’?  Enjoy your insulation mechanisms!  The universe is mysterious in my reality.

this is where you're insulated my friend:

you do not realize how ridiculous you come across to the vast majority of folk in here- all due respect.

The universe is not mysterious to me.. Physics etc will be the same everywhere, why would it not be?

Allow me to put forward an example:

throw a bottle from great height onto a hard surface- what will happen?

Yeah of course it may not smash elsewhere in the universe with low gravity, but we will all know that's bleeding obvious as to why it didn't smash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
57 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

this is where you're insulated my friend:

you do not realize how ridiculous you come across to the vast majority of folk in here- all due respect.

The universe is not mysterious to me.. Physics etc will be the same everywhere, why would it not be?

Allow me to put forward an example:

throw a bottle from great height onto a hard surface- what will happen?

Yeah of course it may not smash elsewhere in the universe with low gravity, but we will all know that's bleeding obvious as to why it didn't smash

What? The bottle should smash per physics in my reality. If it doesn’t we have a mystery. Mysterious forces must be involved. Happens very rarely but does happen. Of great theoretical ramification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

What? The bottle should smash per physics in my reality. If it doesn’t we have a mystery. Mysterious forces must be involved. Happens very rarely but does happen. Of great theoretical ramification.

As Neal de Grasse Tyson has said — that’s the wonderful thing about science: it’s true whether you believe in it or not. It’s equally true if you understand it or not. 

I doubt all you psychics combined ever said anything so useful. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
7 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

As Neal de Grasse Tyson has said — that’s the wonderful thing about science: it’s true whether you believe in it or not. It’s equally true if you understand it or not. 

I doubt all you psychics combined ever said anything so useful. 

—Jaylemurph 

I actually like Tyson's quote there. Psychics can be right many times whether skeptics dismiss the whole subject or not.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I actually like Tyson's quote there. Psychics can be right many times whether skeptics dismiss the whole subject or not.

And a broken clock is right twice a day, but you’d still be a fool to consult it, let alone pay for the right to do so. 

But for $20, I’ll always be happy to tell you what you want to hear. 

—Jaylemurph 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jethrofloyd

There were no advanced ancient civilizations, but I believe the Minonian Civilization of Crete island was a quite monumental for it's time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom1200
32 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I actually like Tyson's quote there. Psychics can be right many times whether skeptics dismiss the whole subject or not.

Would you be kind enough to remind us of some of the times psychics have been right?  Just one or two good examples, out of the hundreds or thousands of occasions you could list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
29 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

And a broken clock is right twice a day, but you’d still be a fool to consult it, let alone pay for the right to do so. 

But for $20, I’ll always be happy to tell you what you want to hear. 

—Jaylemurph 

I’d have to first believe you have abilities.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I’d have to first believe you have abilities.

Ima need to sit down.

Papa, you mean you finally found something you don't believe?

I think I'm having a stroke. Or at least the vapors.

Harte

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
razman
On 10/24/2020 at 11:44 AM, papageorge1 said:

I’d have to first believe you have abilities.

:o

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
On 10/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, Harte said:

Ima need to sit down.

Papa, you mean you finally found something you don't believe?

I think I'm having a stroke. Or at least the vapors.

Harte

I'm astonished too, that is first thing it appears he doesn't believe in - other than orthodoxy.

Next he'll be telling me he doesn't believe Rupert exists.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobu
On 10/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, janesix said:

I still love the idea and would like to believe it. But why do we find hunter/gatherer remains all throughout our history of man, but not ONE body/mummy of someone wearing , say, synthetic materials, or with electronic devices, etc? Jut cave men. 

Research material science. Rock lasts. Other stuff, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
20 minutes ago, Nobu said:

Research material science. Rock lasts. Other stuff, not so much.

Yep but sometimes modified bones survives too: http://thescienceexplorer.com/humanity/world-s-oldest-sewing-needle-was-discovered-siberian-cave

First needle made from a bird bone, circa 50k BCE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
On 10/24/2020 at 5:54 PM, Harte said:

Ima need to sit down.

Papa, you mean you finally found something you don't believe?

I think I'm having a stroke. Or at least the vapors.

Harte

Careful there. I had a couple of stroke almost two years ago, and trust me, you don't want one!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
On 10/25/2020 at 2:44 AM, papageorge1 said:

I’d have to first believe you have abilities.

I see yuore translation unit is malfunctioning, you’d be the first to believe his powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissJatti

They were loads of advanced ancient civilizations across the world. But you have to remember these advanced civilizations, when they collapse, almost everything does with them.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
2 hours ago, MissJatti said:

They were loads of advanced ancient civilizations across the world. But you have to remember these advanced civilizations, when they collapse, almost everything does with them.  

So name one, or give some evidence for one.

Harte

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
18 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I see yuore translation unit is malfunctioning, you’d be the first to believe his powers.

Hey, I am the chosen mouthpiece of the gods. That warrants a little respect. 

Not a lot of respect. But a little. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
3 hours ago, MissJatti said:

They were loads of advanced ancient civilizations across the world. But you have to remember these advanced civilizations, when they collapse, almost everything does with them.  

So not only are there magical, advanced civilizations, but they continue to use magic to be totally invisible even after they cease to exist?

I mean, I guess if you use magic, you don’t have to be logical. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
4 hours ago, MissJatti said:

They were loads of advanced ancient civilizations across the world. But you have to remember these advanced civilizations, when they collapse, almost everything does with them.  

The informed readers are eagerly awaiting your credible support for the above statements.

Would speculate a rather extensive wait (!).

.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
docyabut2

I had a stroke:) to but i remember most ancient civilizations lost their communities, because of the lack of water.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman
7 hours ago, MissJatti said:

They were loads of advanced ancient civilizations across the world. But you have to remember these advanced civilizations, when they collapse, almost everything does with them.  

Cool story bro

Just like the OP, I used to believe in fantastic lost civilizations with amazing tech when I was younger - then I started doing this little thing called "research", and the pipe dreams fell apart. There is no evidence of anything like that. No, "almost everything" does NOT go with them. There would be remnants of them, just as there will be remnants of us thousands of years from now.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trelane
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:24 PM, papageorge1 said:

‘Fantasy’?  Enjoy your insulation mechanisms!  The universe is mysterious in my reality.

Your "reality" may require medication and residential care.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.