Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
janesix

There was no advanced ancient civilization

377 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

papageorge1
6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

You have posted this many times in many threads and have had some very critical response from this and I would advise to not pursue this again nor do I need you to justify in a response to me on this matter.:D:tu:

jmccr8

I think it is most likely real now more than ever and will certainly talk about it with those I feel would be interested like the person I was replying to.

As to the negativity I will respond or ignore bullying  as I see appropriate.

I think much of the negativity is accompanied with a lack of knowledge about these specific cases.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think it is most likely real now more than ever and will certainly talk about it with those I feel would be interested like the person I was replying to.

Hi Papa

You are replying to the forum members that are active or passive, you know that it is a topic that will and does derail so start a thread and let this one move along without friction.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

As to the negativity I will respond or ignore bullying  as I see appropriate.

it is what locks threads start one on that subject please.

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think much of the negativity is accompanied with a lack of knowledge about these specific cases.

and you can address that in your thread rather than this one.

jmccr8

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

You are replying to the forum members that are active or passive, you know that it is a topic that will and does derail so start a thread and let this one move along without friction.

it is what locks threads start one on that subject please.

and you can address that in your thread rather than this one.

jmccr8

always the diplomat :tu:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
49 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

always the diplomat :tu:

Hi Dejarma

I have my days and this is early rum Friday with a new keyboard so I am testing it for caplocks while impaired.:lol:

jmccr8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
6 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Well, what if they could fly? You can't prove they didn't! 

Rupert says they were low rent mole men - which is why you don't see any traces. Their waste we see as coal, oil. and herrings There technology was based on a sly uses of blunt rocks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

 ....a lack of knowledge about these specific cases.

 

Yep, so when are you going realize you've been thoroughly gulled?

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
7 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Rupert says they were low rent mole men - which is why you don't see any traces. Their waste we see as coal, oil. and herrings There technology was based on a sly uses of blunt rocks.

Hi Hans 

On first reading I thought you said blunt socks and looked at my laundry.:huh::lol:

jmccr8

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ell
9 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Well, we wouldn't know for sure, as one has never existed to measure its remains, but nothing about our own technology seems to support such a statement.

--Jaylemurph

We homo sapiens have a mass production technology civilization: in which, for example, hundreds of millions of cars are produced, and would be detectable in the archaeological record.

A - non homo sapiens - hunter / gatherer technological civilization would have a one of a kind technological item civilization: maybe a handful of cars would have been made; these few cars would not be detectable in the archaeological record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

I think the only way we could have a highly advanced pre-Babylonian civilisation is if they somehow don’t need roads. Even the Mesoamericans who lived in what is now heavily rainforested areas used roads (which we’ve discovered via LIDAR aided archaeology). Roads literslly are a footprint on the landscape that remains detectable and are often used by descent civilisations.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
17 minutes ago, Ell said:

We homo sapiens have a mass production technology civilization: in which, for example, hundreds of millions of cars are produced, and would be detectable in the archaeological record.

A - non homo sapiens - hunter / gatherer technological civilization would have a one of a kind technological item civilization: maybe a handful of cars would have been made; these few cars would not be detectable in the archaeological record.

Are you suggesting that a hunter/gatherer civilization would be able to develop the technologies required to manufacture ‘a handful of cars’?

All whilst not being able to be detected in the archaeological record.

What definition for ‘car’ are you using here?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Here is the latest on the mummies I was referring to. It appears to me that we indeed have something real and unknown to science.

Nazca Mummy Update

Key excerpt: 

Our initially published footage of the mummies spurred controversy online and within the scientific community, encouraging a deeper investigation. Now, after seeking a multitude of independent scientists and universities to analyze these bodies, we’ve come to believe they are unlike anything ever cataloged in the fossil records.

 

An article (dated May 2020, in French) describing the detailed findings of Julien Benoit, paleontologist at the University of the Witwatersrand, following his analysis of the so-called Nazca Mummies DICOM files.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swede
10 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

 

An article (dated May 2020, in French) describing the detailed findings of Julien Benoit, paleontologist at the University of the Witwatersrand, following his analysis of the so-called Nazca Mummies DICOM files.

The translation of the paper's conclusion:

- All specimens bear traces of intentional modifications

- The "dolls" are made from the bones of other animals (eg: llama)  and cannot be functional living beings

- Maria and Wawita are real human mummies who have been mutilated post-mortem

- The damage to Maria indicates that she was not taken care of. [5]

- We are faced with a flagrant lack of respect for the people (Maria and Wawita) and for the culture they represent.

https://irna.fr/Le-clou-dans-le-cercueil-des-momies-de-Nazca.html

These conclusions parallel previous credible studies. The "mummies" are illegal frauds of the highest order.

 

  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
13 minutes ago, Swede said:

The translation of the paper's conclusion:

- All specimens bear traces of intentional modifications

- The "dolls" are made from the bones of other animals (eg: llama)  and cannot be functional living beings

- Maria and Wawita are real human mummies who have been mutilated post-mortem

- The damage to Maria indicates that she was not taken care of. [5]

- We are faced with a flagrant lack of respect for the people (Maria and Wawita) and for the culture they represent.

https://irna.fr/Le-clou-dans-le-cercueil-des-momies-de-Nazca.html

These conclusions parallel previous credible studies. The "mummies" are illegal frauds of the highest order.

I would go further than ‘fraud” and instead call them the rape of cultural heritage and someone’s ancestor in the name of cheap entertainment.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ell
1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Are you suggesting that a hunter/gatherer civilization would be able to develop the technologies required to manufacture ‘a handful of cars’?

All whilst not being able to be detected in the archaeological record.

What definition for ‘car’ are you using here?

car = any high technology object.

Not detectable in the archaeological record: any object that is manufactured in very low numbers, for example - the imaginary - dr. Who's 'sonic screwdriver'. If dr. Who had lost his one of a kind sonic screwdriver four thousand years ago in the Rocky Mountains, the chance of it turning up in the archaeological record would be practically zero.

Yes, I am saying that any hunter / gatherer species - I am not talking about our species of homo sapiens - that consists of individuals of sufficiently advanced intellectual abilities can or may develop and apply science and technology. (The key word here is ´sufficiently´.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
10 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Umbrellas don’t even begin to offer protection from the results of flying elephants. 

—Jaylemurph 

Depends on the umbrella.

mary-poppins-flying.gif

Harte

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
1 hour ago, Ell said:

car = any high technology object.

Not detectable in the archaeological record: any object that is manufactured in very low numbers, for example - the imaginary - dr. Who's 'sonic screwdriver'. If dr. Who had lost his one of a kind sonic screwdriver four thousand years ago in the Rocky Mountains, the chance of it turning up in the archaeological record would be practically zero.

Yes, I am saying that any hunter / gatherer species - I am not talking about our species of homo sapiens - that consists of individuals of sufficiently advanced intellectual abilities can or may develop and apply science and technology. (The key word here is ´sufficiently´.)

You're aware these ideas just don't pop up fully formed over night? Modern technological sophistication comes from a long lineage of predecessor technologies, most of which had sharp affects on the people that produced them and their environment. 

 You're not going to, say, poke around until you have all the components to make a computer. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot
20 minutes ago, Harte said:

Depends on the umbrella.

mary-poppins-flying.gif

Harte

Seems more a method for taking revenge on flying pachyderms. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think it is most likely real now more than ever and will certainly talk about it with those I feel would be interested like the person I was replying to.

As to the negativity I will respond or ignore bullying  as I see appropriate.

I think much of the negativity is accompanied with a lack of knowledge about these specific cases.

Quote

Please.

The story I linked you to has a taxidermist selling a skinned spider monkey to Maussan. The taxidermist never made the claim it was a real mystery, Maussan did that. You've been linked to multiple examples of frauds committed by Maussan, yet you cling to this disgusting story.

You trade your own humanity in order to keep your fantasy world view.

If you believe in anything, believe you are one screwed up individual, preferring someone to dig up graves and re-arrange the body parts from them to please you.

You'd probably fawn over a puppet show with corpses as marionettes.

You are sick.

Buy yourself a shovel. That's your next step here.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/328625-update-on-the-peruvian-mummy-new-species/page/28/?tab=comments#comment-7103971

Harte

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
7 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yep, so when are you going realize you've been thoroughly gulled?

Only when the overall evidence ever suggests that I was gulled. I also understand the ego of those opposed to revolutionary findings by mavericks in my considerations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
5 hours ago, Windowpane said:

 

An article (dated May 2020, in French) describing the detailed findings of Julien Benoit, paleontologist at the University of the Witwatersrand, following his analysis of the so-called Nazca Mummies DICOM files.

OK, you found a skeptical/critical website on so-called 'pseudo-archeology' subjects. I would like to hear scientists who are believers in these specimens have their rebuttal to this. That is how my learning proceeds. There are always people with a pro/con agenda on everything controversial.

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
3 hours ago, Harte said:

Yesterday I was only mentioning this to one seemingly alien sympathetic individual. I am not really interested in another energy waste with the resident skeptics at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Yesterday I was only mentioning this to one seemingly alien sympathetic individual. I am not really interested in another energy waste with the resident skeptics at this time.

No ****. We can all see what you're "interested in," you ghoul.

I believe I laid it out quite clearly in that post of mine I quoted.

Harte

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Only when the overall evidence ever suggests that I was gulled.

...and the evidence points to you being gulled. Papageorge your fervent belief will not cause this fraud to become real. However, do continued to fervently believe - oh, and be sure to send lots of money to them so they can do more 'tests'.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

 I am not really interested in another energy waste with the resident skeptics at this time.

Yet YOU always bring up the subject, odd eh?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlebrowndragon
On 10/15/2020 at 5:09 PM, janesix said:

We find the remains of hunter/gatherers back through time, but zero evidence of an advanced culture. 

I'm wondering about the definition of "advanced" in this context.  Why are hunter-gatherer cultures considered less advanced, I wonder?  Does that mean that, for example, Aboriginal Australians, if any still live traditionally as hunter gatherers, are less advanced than settled peoples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.