Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

11:11 and other numbers

janesix

2 minutes ago, AnaWr said:

Well, you should try it someday, I assure you it won't be as easy as you imagine. Actually, it's impossible to set your subconscius mind to look at the clock right when it's 18:18 and not 18:19...  of course, without living your life taking a look at the digital watch every 15 minutes.

Who says I haven't? I've done a lot and learned a lot more. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnaWr said:

For years I used to take a look at the digital clock multiple times a day and it was in pairs: 12:12, 13:13, 14:14....21:21, 23:23. Of course, not all of those in a single day, but more than 3 times a day for approx. 6-7 years continuously.  Very-very rarely I used to notice 11:11. And only on the digital clock, not on anything else.

No, I had no special dreams, no special energy, no insight, no nothing. Only the pair of numbers for 3 or 4 times a day.

For those who say it's just in our heads, has it EVER happened to you to simply take a random look at the clock and see some pair of numbers for the third time in just one day, second time that week?? and then again tomorrow and so on... Not thinking about it at all, actually forgetting about the phenomenon until it occurs again. And not looking at the watch every hour with a wishful thinking. Just going about your daily activities and wanting to see what was the time and ... it was there again.

For the little "scientists" here: until you get to experience something yourself, stop assuming it's just an illusion or it's fake, because that would only make you an ignorant, wouldn't it.

If you are aware of symmetrical numbers (and attributing mystery meaning to them), there is no such thing as randomly looking at the clock.
Our brains (subconsciously) know what time it is, within an error margin of a few minutes. That makes it a lot less random when you decide to look at the clock, to (subconsciously) strengthen your bias.

So, it's not fake or ignorant. The brain does it on purpose.

• Like 1

I've noticed that I do notice 11:11  quite often.  For a long time now, since the advent of Digital clocks...not before.     I don't remember frequently noticing any other time .      ??

On 10/20/2020 at 5:39 AM, lightly said:

I've noticed that I do notice 11:11  quite often.  For a long time now, since the advent of Digital clocks...not before.     I don't remember frequently noticing any other time .      ??

Please note that there are only two possible 4 digit combinations like that, namely 11:11 and 22:22 (and the second one is only if you have a military style clock).  Most people will be awake for the (two?) 11:11's...  Then remember that your mind/body has an internal clock (admittedly some are better than others) and your subconscious will 'know' as the 'interesting' time approaches and you'll start looking for it, without being aware...

• Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 5:28 AM, janesix said:

Yes. I think it is God or the Universe showing them to me, to teach me something. I think that a lot of people see the 11 11 prompts, but ignore it for the most part. Those like me who don't ignore it get to go to the next grade.

Why wouldn't "god or the universe" just teach whatever it is they wish to teach, without all of the cryptic stuff? If you were going to teach something, would you do this?

It's more likely that this is neither "god" nor the "universe" tailoring cryptic messages for you personally, but simply apophenia with a hefty dose of magical thinking and imagination doing the rest.

Edit: but it also makes you insane so I don't recommend it.

Some truth to that.

Apophenia is normal. The general idealistic view a lot of people seem to have regarding normality (re human "sanity") is unrealistic anyway.

The "next grade" you speak of might simply amount to going from normal apohenia, to becoming obsessed about it. There's a fine line between those who find genuine meaningful and patterns in nature, and those who obsess over unrelated meaningless ones. Can be the difference between insanity and genius.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only number this happens to me over is 12:34.

Dozens of times over the years, and no idea why. I am a meditator and have a strong mystical bent, so of course I have explored and worked with it for any meaning, but, I have found none in it. I take it as a curiosity, a sort of blip in reality as if the cosmos is reminding me through a rough period that it is out there, a wink as it were and have moved on past wondering over it, though it still happens every few days. At least once a week.

If I had to put a meaning to it, I'd say it is like steps, 1, 2, 3, 4 .... time passing, one foot in front of the other, just keep moving on through the challenges. This, too, shall pass into new terrain and experience.

I take it as an encouragement, because I want to.

But, who really knows?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I take it as an encouragement, because I want to.

But, who really knows?

I like that mindset :tu:

• Like 2

Since this thread started i was primed to see odd numbers and nope,

Like i said i have clocks on my phone, car clock clocks in house other numbers around and zip.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Since this thread started i was primed to see odd numbers and nope,

Like i said i have clocks on my phone, car clock clocks in house other numbers around and zip.

This can only mean one thing. The gods don't find you special enough. lol

Then again, how did the gods get on before digital clocks? Were they restricted to tea leaves?

• Like 2

There is that story of the fella at the races who hadn't been doing well. Then he noticed that in race number six, horse number six was at sixty six to one odds. As 6 was his lucky number he fumbled around for his remaining cash, which to his amazement amounted to six dollars. Sure it was a sign from the gods and his luck was about to change, he rushed and backed his horse. Which of course, finished sixth...lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Horta said:

This can only mean one thing. The gods don't find you special enough. lol

Then again, how did the gods get on before digital clocks? Were they restricted to tea leaves?

An old analog clock still had 11:11 it just didnt look at cool,

I cant help but file this under "people who think they have gifts or special powers"

On 10/16/2020 at 3:20 AM, zep73 said:

Not joking. Something significant happened while I was 42 years old, and since then I see the number everywhere.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRilleo0RJtd30mKtHwiB_

• Haha 1

I see 666 alot lol. 

Makes me chuckle so I guess it's more noticeable to me.

Or I'm Lucifer. Who knows right...... :lol:

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 7:20 PM, zep73 said:

Not joking. Something significant happened while I was 42 years old, and since then I see the number everywhere.

0.jpg

Edited by jethrofloyd

On 10/21/2020 at 11:58 AM, psyche101 said:

I see 666 alot lol. 

Makes me chuckle so I guess it's more noticeable to me.

Or I'm Lucifer. Who knows right...... :lol:

not just me then

• Haha 1