Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

11:11 and other numbers

janesix

8 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Sorry, but I don't see any numbers. Am I OK?

No. You're clearly suffering from NDS. Numeric Deficiency Syndrome.

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Thanks. I've saved some of the links your link provided. So I'm adding a more direct link. :tu:

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/baader-meinhof-phenomenon.htm

I noticed whenever I have a coworker or friend that is pregnant I see pregnant women everywhere I go.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I noticed whenever I have a coworker or friend that is pregnant I see pregnant women everywhere I go.

If you think about finding quarters or lost change in general. You'll start noticing them. The thing is we all have that going on, it's what is called a reality tunnel. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_tunnel

• Like 3

#1- I have no idea what you guys are ruminating about.

#2- I still have no clue.

#3 - because chit always happens in threes. Third times the charm?:P

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, janesix said:

I don't think so. I started seeing certain numbers before I ever knew they were important. 

That's what brains do - change the memories to fit better with the desired narrative...

And:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Numbers found in basic geometry that are also found in things such as the solar system. For instance, numbers with a base of 27 (three cubed) like 108, 216, 432, 864. These are all found in the platonic solids, among other places.

I'm not sure what your claim is here, but usually such coincidences are simply cherry picking (see below), or in some cases, they have a simple mathematical explanation.

Then you have the moon and sun, with diameters of 2160 and 864,000.

No.  They are actually 2159 miles (4 sig figs) and 865,370 miles, which is 865,000 if rounded.

And all you have to do is keep changing the subjects, goalposts, rules and dimensions until you find a match ... why not measured in furlongs?, or compared by surface area, or volume?  why not Mars and Saturn?  etc,etc ad infinitum - of course you will find matches, especially if you can play fast and loose with roundings like those above....

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes. I think it is God or the Universe showing them to me, to teach me something. I think that a lot of people see the 11 11 prompts, but ignore it for the most part. Those like me who don't ignore it get to go to the next grade.

Edit: but it also makes you insane so I don't recommend it.

I noticed you denounced prosaic opinions and now are giving me the impression you feel you are a bit more special than the next sheep in the flock, you noticed 1111 and they noticed you noticed so you get to go to the next grade? i missed what is epic about 1111 or what you were taught so you graduated.

So far im not seeing the "wake up" call you speak of.

I do recognize that some subscribe deep meaning to a coincident

• Like 4

I just see 333, 111 every now and again, but I see 1111 the most.

• Like 1

This a very common phenomenon. 

I don't think a lot of people really think about how many numbers they see on an hourly or daily basis.

Some people, like me, see thousands and thousands of multi digit numbers.

Clocks are a very common source of these number patterns that people perceive. 

Most clocks aren't running on military time. 

A military clock would give you 2,360 unique four digit numbers. Repeating daily. 0000 - 2359. So if you keep a fairly regular schedule you are bound to see the same numbers multiple times a week. A standard clock has much less (I don't feel like doing the math) diversity because the numbers are all used twice. So daily you very well may see the clock at both 7:22s. So what? 722 has to mean something to someone. 

How often do people look at their phones? Even if it's not to check the time it's usually still visible.

It's already been discussed, but I agree that it's completely an occurrence of pattern recognition.

Give me any four digit number and I guarantee I could find it by playing a video game for a few minutes.

It also has to do with the numbers being more unique than the others. Repeating or mirrored or paired. 1111, 2112, 6969. 

These types of numbers stand out as opposed to 8143 and such.

UNLESS that number already means something to you. Say your father's birthday was August 1st 1943. Then you will notice the number for life. Whether it's the pick four lotto number or the score of a college football game.

My mother gets amazed when certain dates of the year have multiple events written on the calendar.

"Grandma would have been 103 today. And it's your second cousin's wedding anniversary. And the dog is 6 years old today. Isn't that so strange those things happened on the same day?"

No. Not at all. There are only 365 days in the year. After 68 years of collecting birthdays, death days, anniversaries, graduations, etc of friends and family you're bound to have it happen. 

So same concept with numbers. People make patterns subconsciously important to themselves and block out all the other numbers.

If you are seeing the same number do you look more often at the clock when you think it's around that time?

How many times do you look at the clock and is NOT the time you're looking for? Most don't keep track of that.

It's clearly cherry picking a number and being surprised when you see it.

Edited by onlookerofmayhem
Words and number
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I guess some wish that life has more meaning than it does. So any coincidence that they can make meaningful (regardless of it having actual meaning) they will. 

In this case it's Numbers + Meaning + Emotion = Attention (conscious or unconscious)

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, janesix said:

Yes. I think it is God or the Universe showing them to me, to teach me something. I think that a lot of people see the 11 11 prompts, but ignore it for the most part. Those like me who don't ignore it get to go to the next grade.

Edit: but it also makes you insane so I don't recommend it.

I notice patterns, it's something I can do. But I have to throw in my two cents here. 

Counting in numbers were designed by us mere mortals, so we assigned numbers and then we took one step further and designed number meanings. The irony is, different websites hold different meanings to the same numbers, so we can't even agree on what they are suppose to mean. 

So, after we made numbers we weaved it into our everyday lives, we made clocks, street numbers, watches etc. With those numbers, heck we even have a calendar where those numbers feature. We will see repetition of those numbers since we only have so many of them. 

The human brain wants to assign meaning, since we search for meaning, and in the least, confirmation (of what we think). So seeing numbers repeat and having them mean something is normal. My question is, are the patterns you notice and the meaning you assign to them spot  on EVERY TIME. or do you sometimes read the meaning and go 'mmmmmmm'. 

If mmmmmm features a lot, you might be looking for meaning in all the places you can think off. If the meaning of the numbers you see (and not just 1111) is applicable in your life every single time you notice it and it changes your life for the better... Yeah, why not numbers? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This thread got me thinking about a couple unrealted related things,

rozz williams was into perhaps obsessed with 1334 and it appeared in a lot of his work. Rozz sadly took his own life at 34 so you bet fans said he was predisposed, doomed to die at 34 to me i just see it as a very troubled soul placed his death in one of 365 possible days that fit 34.

On my phone one screen has military time the other standard, and many years back i cant even recall who jokingly said when clock numbers match make a wish, so because they said that i noticed matching clock numbers, this thread made me realize i dont recall the last time my clocks had a stand out number, does the 3:13 displayed now count, lol.

I use "13" a lot, in my screen name even my club show uses it, i attach zero superstitions to the number but did have a guy refuse to buy car parts from me saying the number 13 is bad luck, it wasnt for me the next buyer paid full price.

I do think of june 6th each year, something related to the band death in june, but nothing otherworldly.

Wrapping up my babble i would say for a long time i actually do not see odd numbers pop out at me is that even odder?

Clock now reads 3:25 doesnt mean a thing to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I work in construction so number redundancy is common and don't usually make note of them outside of my trade. There was one time when I moved out here that there was a bit of a coincidence, I was working and living at a condo conversion and moved out of my penthouse suite because it was time to demo and convert it and housing was scarce so I ended up staying at a hotel for a couple of weeks before I could get a unit. My hotel room was 215 and the apartment that I got was 215 and the fellow that roomed with me on site also got an apartment in a different building and he got 215 as well. I thought is was funny but attached no meaning to it other than it was odd. While staying at the hotel I went for a walk in the evening and a fellow that was checking into the hotel had a dog that had one blue and one green eye and the next day met with the contractor that was installing granite countertops and he had one blue and one green eye as well which made me chuckle when I met him. Odd things happen.

jmccr8

2.15am was when paranormal events started every night in the house I grew up in,just reminded me of that.

• Like 1

An old video player I had displayed 666 on it during a thunderstorm when lightening hit the iron roof,the thing was the power had gone out in the area of The Blue Mountains I lived yet the 666 display stayed on the player during this time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Sorry, but I don't see any numbers. Am I OK?

A decade ago I was a skeptic as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I work in construction so number redundancy is common and don't usually make note of them outside of my trade. There was one time when I moved out here that there was a bit of a coincidence, I was working and living at a condo conversion and moved out of my penthouse suite because it was time to demo and convert it and housing was scarce so I ended up staying at a hotel for a couple of weeks before I could get a unit. My hotel room was 215 and the apartment that I got was 215 and the fellow that roomed with me on site also got an apartment in a different building and he got 215 as well. I thought is was funny but attached no meaning to it other than it was odd. While staying at the hotel I went for a walk in the evening and a fellow that was checking into the hotel had a dog that had one blue and one green eye and the next day met with the contractor that was installing granite countertops and he had one blue and one green eye as well which made me chuckle when I met him. Odd things happen.

jmccr8

Synchronicities tend to happen in groups for me as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janesix said:

Synchronicities tend to happen in groups for me as well.

Hi Jane

Do you assign a significance to them or are they just coincidence.

jmccr8

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

That's what brains do - change the memories to fit better with the desired narrative...

And:

I didn't subconsciously change my memories. These things happened. My digital clocks changes right in front of my eyes, though, to reflect and point to certain numbers.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I'm not sure what your claim is here, but usually such coincidences are simply cherry picking (see below), or in some cases, they have a simple mathematical explanation.

No.  They are actually 2159 miles (4 sig figs) and 865,370 miles, which is 865,000 if rounded.

And all you have to do is keep changing the subjects, goalposts, rules and dimensions until you find a match ... why not measured in furlongs?, or compared by surface area, or volume?  why not Mars and Saturn?  etc,etc ad infinitum - of course you will find matches, especially if you can play fast and loose with roundings like those above....

Oh please. Not going to deal with your kind of willful ignorance.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

I noticed you denounced prosaic opinions and now are giving me the impression you feel you are a bit more special than the next sheep in the flock, you noticed 1111 and they noticed you noticed so you get to go to the next grade? i missed what is epic about 1111 or what you were taught so you graduated.

So far im not seeing the "wake up" call you speak of.

I do recognize that some subscribe deep meaning to a coincident

Yes, I can see things that most people can't. But these are things you have to work through on your own. But I also know I'm on the bottom rung of the ladder. I can only just begin to see that I've only scratched the surface.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chronus said:

I just see 333, 111 every now and again, but I see 1111 the most.

And what do you think it means?

I mean, I've heard of angel numbers, but I don't know if that's it, it probably isn't.

I (obviously) am no god, so I wouldn't know what it means.

12 minutes ago, janesix said:

And what do you think it means?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

I notice patterns, it's something I can do. But I have to throw in my two cents here. 

Counting in numbers were designed by us mere mortals, so we assigned numbers and then we took one step further and designed number meanings. The irony is, different websites hold different meanings to the same numbers, so we can't even agree on what they are suppose to mean. 

So, after we made numbers we weaved it into our everyday lives, we made clocks, street numbers, watches etc. With those numbers, heck we even have a calendar where those numbers feature. We will see repetition of those numbers since we only have so many of them. 

The human brain wants to assign meaning, since we search for meaning, and in the least, confirmation (of what we think). So seeing numbers repeat and having them mean something is normal. My question is, are the patterns you notice and the meaning you assign to them spot  on EVERY TIME. or do you sometimes read the meaning and go 'mmmmmmm'. 

If mmmmmm features a lot, you might be looking for meaning in all the places you can think off. If the meaning of the numbers you see (and not just 1111) is applicable in your life every single time you notice it and it changes your life for the better... Yeah, why not numbers? 

The numbers I am talking about don't have "meanings" as far as I know. Repetative numbers are just to get your attention. Numbers like 216 etc are numbers that are used to shape the universe. When you see them, they are a prompt to investigate.

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

This thread got me thinking about a couple unrealted related things,

rozz williams was into perhaps obsessed with 1334 and it appeared in a lot of his work. Rozz sadly took his own life at 34 so you bet fans said he was predisposed, doomed to die at 34 to me i just see it as a very troubled soul placed his death in one of 365 possible days that fit 34.

On my phone one screen has military time the other standard, and many years back i cant even recall who jokingly said when clock numbers match make a wish, so because they said that i noticed matching clock numbers, this thread made me realize i dont recall the last time my clocks had a stand out number, does the 3:13 displayed now count, lol.

I use "13" a lot, in my screen name even my club show uses it, i attach zero superstitions to the number but did have a guy refuse to buy car parts from me saying the number 13 is bad luck, it wasnt for me the next buyer paid full price.

I do think of june 6th each year, something related to the band death in june, but nothing otherworldly.

Wrapping up my babble i would say for a long time i actually do not see odd numbers pop out at me is that even odder?

Clock now reads 3:25 doesnt mean a thing to me.

I don't think it's odd. I go long periods without seeing any significant numbers.

• Like 1