Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is the route to all evil

Aroundthecorner

4 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

No... did I say that, dont think I did did I? But I bet you raised a hand in affirmation of a god.

My oath was to god (I don't have one) the queen (I don't have/recognize one)

and my country(which doesn't recognize me) but I have family and we were a peace keeping country so there was fun to be had.

jmccr8

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

My oath was to god (I don't have one) the queen (I don't have/recognize one)

and my country(which doesn't recognize me) but I have family and we were a peace keeping country so there was fun to be had.

jmccr8

Sounds very fight happy?

15 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Sounds very fight happy?

Not really happy but where I grew up fighting was quite common. We had 2 tv stations and limited radio channels so it was the MMA of it's day, people would fight if you were a left or right footed bogtrotter or wore your jeans pulled over or tucked into your cowboy boots and driving 30 or more mile to find someone that fit the bill was no problem so we may not share some of the same attitudes about some things and that is not a problem for me if you take it as intended.

Guys always went in groups to other towns for the dances so they could flirt with their women and fight with the boys.:whistle::innocent:

jmccr8

• Like 2

OK....God.  That being that many people don’t believe exists.  Interesting, one time I flew my motorcycle over a cliff that was high enough to kill a man 10 times over on accident.  I not only survived, Indidnt even have a scratch on me.  As I flipped over that cliff on a TT-500 motorcycle in third gear pinned, and I looked down to see how high in the air I was - I just blacked out.  A circle of blackness came before my eyes and when I came to, I was on the ground safely without a scratch, sitting on the bike and the engine was off.  I didn’t even have a bruise in a “crash” that should have killed any person on this planet.

• Like 3

There’s parts of life that are really good, but the rest of it?  Eh.  Not so sure about that.

Since I was only fourteen when that event occurred, things have changed.  I have reproduced.  Did that help?  Not so sure.

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

There’s parts of life that are really good, but the rest of it?  Eh.  Not so sure about that.

Hi Gyver

Eh has a purpose different for each of us and good is subjective.

jmccr8

• Like 1

If that were the only “weird” thing I have experienced, I could see skeptics convincing me that I just got lucky and something occurred that by fluke allowed my survival....but it isn’t.  That’s one one of many experiences that I could share that defy explanation.  

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Since I was only fourteen when that event occurred, things have changed.  I have reproduced.  Did that help?  Not so sure.

Hi Guyver

Survivors is why we are here as a species.

jmccr8

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gyver

Eh has a purpose different for each of us and good is subjective.

jmccr8

So true.  In my mind, it’s like The Rolling Stones have said.  Number one - I can’t get me no....no satisfaction.  And then the other one is.....you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Guyver

Survivors is why we are here as a species.

jmccr8

Right.  But it’s supposed to be natural survival.  I should be dead and have never reproduced.  Something kept me alive.

I don’t understand it to this day.  I have tried everything.  For a long time I believed it was the angels who saved me, and I can’t say it wasn’t.  I don’t remember what happened.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Right.  But it’s supposed to be natural survival.  I should be dead and have never reproduced.  Something kept me alive.

Hi Guyver

One person falls off a 12 story building and walks away with a couple of fractures and a headache the next guy dies falling off a footstool  that be will be non point in creating a negative outcome in my mind.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
not sure but did it anyway
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Guyver

One person falls off a 12 story building and walks away with a couple of fractures and a headache the next guy dies falling off a footstool  that be will be non point in creating a negative outcome in my mind.

jmccr8

I saw a guy fall off a barstool once.  I was playing a show with my band and we were on the “easy set”  - you know, the intro.  Taking it easy....coming in smooth with some groovy low key numbers....anyway, this guy had been drinking since early and he just went down.  I mean splat.  It was sad because the people nearby just propped him back up on that stool and it was situation Normal.  The best was once we were on a band break, sitting in the lounge sipping whiskey, and this guy comes out of the men’s room and notices the band at our booth, he went to give us a nod of the head in appreciation, but he got a little dizzy and went down.  But, when he went down he face-planted right into a table full of drinks and went all the way to the ground and out.  We laughed for a long time on that one I’ll tell ya.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, Aroundthecorner said:

You cannot prove that assumption, the facts are religion creates wars and segregation.

Actually its been proven by scientific  experiments 

Humans are more honest and peaceful when the y believe they are being observed.

Show a person a photo of a policeman, or jesus/ buddha etc., and they will become more honest, and exert greater self  discipline ,  for a period of time 

It is now also strongly believed by cultural anthropologists and sociologists tha t human religions allowed for the first aggregations of non related human beings Their common beliefs allowed cooperative endeavours in building the first cities and operating irrigation systems. 

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Actually its been proven by scientific  experiments 

Humans are more honest and peaceful when the y believe they are being observed.

Show a person a photo of a policeman, or jesus/ buddha etc., and they will become more honest, and exert greater self  discipline ,  for a period of time 

It is now also strongly believed by cultural anthropologists and sociologists tha t human religions allowed for the first aggregations of non related human beings Their common beliefs allowed cooperative endeavours in building the first cities and operating irrigation systems. 

Bet those scientists are ologists 

6 hours ago, Aroundthecorner said:

You are missing my point, all wars are god related in essence. 

Not so, but it would only be true if all humans were " god related in essence."

2 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Bet those scientists are ologists 

Umm All  scientists are ologists.

From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishRelated topics: Hard science-ologist /ɒlədʒɪst $ ɑːl-/ (also -logist) suffix [in nouns] a person who studies or has knowledge of a particular kind of science a biologistExamples from the Corpus-ologist• a pathologist• a psychologist. Exercises. Exercises.

If you meant apologists, then you would lose your bet 

Melissa Bateson and colleagues at Newcastle University, UK, put up new price lists each week in their psychology department coffee room. Prices were unchanged, but each week there was a photocopied picture at the top of the list, measuring 15 by 3 centimetres, of either flowers or the eyes of real faces. The faces varied but the eyes always looked directly at the observer.

In weeks with eyes on the list, staff paid 2.76 times as much for their drinks as in weeks with flowers. “Frankly we were staggered by the size of the effect,” Gilbert Roberts, one of the researchers, told New Scientist.

Powerful signal

Eyes are known to be a powerful perceptual signal for humans. People behave more cooperatively when they are being “watched” by a cute image of a robot (see Pay up, you are being watched) or even abstract “eye spots” on a computer screen.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9424-big-brother-eyes-make-us-act-more-honestly/#ixzz6b7YtzPK9

Other experiments showed people a picture of a police officer or a religious figure and then measured their honesty and self control compared with  NOT being shown those images 

Honesty and slef control/discipline increased markedly after images of authority figures were shown   (both religious and secular)  

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Not so, but it would only be true if all humans were " god related in essence."

Everything in history is littered with biblical references or any of the other brainwashing story books.  

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Umm All  scientists are ologists.

From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary EnglishRelated topics: Hard science-ologist /ɒlədʒɪst $ ɑːl-/ (also -logist) suffix [in nouns] a person who studies or has knowledge of a particular kind of science a biologistExamples from the Corpus-ologist• a pathologist• a psychologist. Exercises. Exercises.

If you meant apologists, then you would lose your bet 

Melissa Bateson and colleagues at Newcastle University, UK, put up new price lists each week in their psychology department coffee room. Prices were unchanged, but each week there was a photocopied picture at the top of the list, measuring 15 by 3 centimetres, of either flowers or the eyes of real faces. The faces varied but the eyes always looked directly at the observer.

In weeks with eyes on the list, staff paid 2.76 times as much for their drinks as in weeks with flowers. “Frankly we were staggered by the size of the effect,” Gilbert Roberts, one of the researchers, told New Scientist.

Powerful signal

Eyes are known to be a powerful perceptual signal for humans. People behave more cooperatively when they are being “watched” by a cute image of a robot (see Pay up, you are being watched) or even abstract “eye spots” on a computer screen.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9424-big-brother-eyes-make-us-act-more-honestly/#ixzz6b7YtzPK9

Other experiments showed people a picture of a police officer or a religious figure and then measured their honesty and self control compared with  NOT being shown those images 

Honesty and slef control/discipline increased markedly after images of authority figures were shown   (both religious and secular)  

Brainwashing is also the churches and other fodder outlets fear use policy 

Just now, Aroundthecorner said:

Everything in history is littered with biblical references or any of the other brainwashing story books.  

and how much history have you  studied, to be able to make this incredible statement  ? 

Humans are "religious"  beings which was my point but its not religion which makes us violent or peaceful, good or bad  Religions is just another aspect of a human being. 

Just now, Mr Walker said:

and how much history have you  studied, to be able to make this incredible statement  ? 

Humans are "religious"  beings which was my point but its not religion which makes us violent or peaceful, good or bad  Religions is just another aspect of a human being. 

At the root of all wars ever humans have followed a faith based system to use as some sort of comforter. America as in god we trust for instance, soldiers pledge allegiance to the country they are from usually backed up by some form of religious chant.