Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is the route to all evil

Aroundthecorner

1 minute ago, Aroundthecorner said:

Brainwashing is also the churches and other fodder outlets fear use policy 

Now you are just rambling That emotive statement is not a response to the points i made.

It is simply a statement of your beliefs, which explains your biases and prejudices, and how you  have constructed your view of the world .  

I can understand and  tolerate it if  you  were brainwashed yourself as a child  by some strange religious sect,  and have developed a personal fear and loathing from  that experience. 

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Now you are just rambling That emotive statement is not a response to the points i made.

It is simply a statement of your beliefs, which explains your biases and prejudices, and how you  have constructed your view of the world .  

I can understand and  tolerate it if  you  were brainwashed yourself as a child  by some strange religious sect,  and have developed a personal fear and loathing from  that experience. 

So you wouldn't consider any religion as a form of brainwashing?

Religions exist through fear especially in the past, people are so full of lies and nothingness that as been fed them all there lives it becomes normal and acceptable. A comfort blanket maybe. 

At the root of all wars ever humans have followed a faith based system to use as some sort of comforter. America as in god we trust for instance, soldiers pledge allegiance to the country they are from usually backed up by some form of religious chant.  

Thats simply untrue Australian aborigines had wars American (north central and southern)  indigenous people had them  They were not religious based but caused by many factors from tribal loyalties to competition for  resources including women.  Before european explorers ever got to them pacific islanders were in constant conflict. Wars occurred in melanesia and africa before white settlement 

The worst wars have been from  modernised countries with the most sophisticated weapons The y were  often, but not always, the most religious countries as well.

When china goes to war it wont be for  any religious reason 

Thats simply untrue Australian aborigines had wars American (north central and southern)  indigenous people had them  They were not religious based but caused by many factors from tribal loyalties to competition for  resources including women.  Before european explorers ever got to them pacific islanders were in constant conflict. Wars occurred in melanesia and africa before white settlement 

The worst wars have been from  modernised countries with the most sophisticated weapons The y were  often, but not always, the most religious countries as well.

When china goes to war it wont be for  any religious reason 

Faith based beliefs are imaginary just like any god is, as for china they follow a leader through fear.

2 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

So you wouldn't consider any religion as a form of brainwashing?

Religions exist through fear especially in the past, people are so full of lies and nothingness that as been fed them all there lives it becomes normal and acceptable. A comfort blanket maybe. 

true brainwashing is very rare because its so difficult to achieve.

every parent and genetionseeks to pass down learned wisdoms laws and behaviours to the next  That is not brainwashing. It is education

generally only totalitarian and specifically communist countries use brainwashing because only they have the centralised pwer to make it happen 

people adopt religions from  the opposite of fear ie to give themselves  comfort and remove fear. including the fear of dying 

It is wrong to try and force another person to your beliefs or values but it's also almost impossible  

Just now, Mr Walker said:

true brainwashing is very rare because its so difficult to achieve.

every parent and genetionseeks to pass down learned wisdoms laws and behaviours to the next  That is not brainwashing. It is education

generally only totalitarian and specifically communist countries use brainwashing because only they have the centralised pwer to make it happen 

people adopt religions from  the opposite of fear ie to give themselves  comfort and remove fear. including the fear of dying 

It is wrong to try and force another person to your beliefs or values but it's also almost impossible  

I agree my point exactly thank you.

Faith based beliefs are imaginary just like any god is, as for china they follow a leader through fear.

all human cognitive constructs are in part. imaginary. Even fear is only imaginary.

Nonetheless they are incredibly powerful and should be  constructed and used carefully.

Is love imaginary? Is hate imaginary?  is patriotism imaginary?   is slef sacrifice /altruism imaginary?  

In one sense yes, but all are also real and powerful human constructs which shape our lives

You have them too.

Humans cant live without them     

4 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

I agree my point exactly thank you.

If that is your point then why are you worried about it?  It is impossible for one human to force another to adopt their beliefs because no one can see the belief constructs inside your head  You are ALWAYS completely free to believe anything you want to, even if you are sometimes compelled to BEHAVE in certain ways.

Mypoint is that this doesn't really happen. People adopt, adapt, or construct, their own individual  belief systems which make them comfortable and which work best for them   

Edited by Mr Walker

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

all human cognitive constructs are in part. imaginary. Even fear is only imaginary.

Nonetheless they are incredibly powerful and should be  constructed and used carefully.

Is love imaginary? Is hate imaginary?  is patriotism imaginary?   is slef sacrifice /altruism imaginary?  

In one sense yes, but all are also real and powerful human constructs which shape our lives

You have them too.

Humans cant live without them     

And all of the above are the fuel any religion relies on. 

If that is your point then why are you worried about it?  It is impossible for one human to force another to adopt their beliefs because no one can see the belief constructs inside your head  You are ALWAYS completely free to believe anything you want to, even if you are sometimes compelled to BEHAVE in certain ways   

Im not worried at all, saddened that humans need a faith to exist or give them normality. 

And all of the above are the fuel any religion relies on. 

The y are the fuel human life relies on.

Thus we cant remove or excise religion, faith beliefs from  human beings 

the best we can do is ensure that  religions are constructed to produce constructive outcomes 

Im not worried at all, saddened that humans need a faith to exist or give them normality. 

That is just how we are evolved to be Nothing can be done about it until genetic engineering is a lot more advanced  

Faith, hope, belief, all enable us to survive our own self  awareness of our lives, inevitable   deaths, and human, primate- based,  natures  

You have faith hope and beliefs, or  you  would be either dead or miserable.  Your faiths and beliefs may not be religious based but they exist and enable you to survive and be happy 

On 10/16/2020 at 9:57 AM, Aroundthecorner said:

Any belief system in something that is faith based creates the need for protections by its followers, this then grows into cults which in turn create nut jobs. Some of those nut jobs go on to run countries and start wars based on the religious beliefs, take away gods and that belief and the world is free and easy. 

A belief system based on ones own personal experience instead of a dogmatic approach is a good pathway to follow. 

Faith is a powerful thing and can be used to uplift oneself and society, or keep us enslaved.

Personal responsibility, accountability for ones actions is another part of this pathway.

Mindfulness and self-responsibility usually go hand-in-hand. 

And also re "God is the rout to all evil" title.

What has rape, armed robbery, house invasions, drug dealing etc, etc, etc, got to do with GOD and religion?

What about all the crimes committed by atheists etc?

On 10/16/2020 at 3:57 AM, Aroundthecorner said:

Some of those nut jobs go on to run countries and start wars based on the religious beliefs, take away gods and that belief and the world is free and easy. 

Religion can be used in negative ways, however that doesn’t negate the value of properly-followed religion. 

I think i'm gettin hooked on throwin that one up now, It must be his funny hair .Seriously though , people make it what it is , God never did nothin , it's people claiming things in god's name.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

A belief system based on ones own personal experience instead of a dogmatic approach is a good pathway to follow. 

Faith is a powerful thing and can be used to uplift oneself and society, or keep us enslaved.

Personal responsibility, accountability for ones actions is another part of this pathway.

Mindfulness and self-responsibility usually go hand-in-hand. 

Finally an agreement.

However people learn languages cultural beliefs values and attitudes as well as religious beliefs 

We all construct our own world views No one can force one upon us, but yes we take in what we experience around us process it and use it in our own cognitive evolution   Then it is up to us to construct an inner system which works for us  

I guess we only see beliefs enslaving us when we don't agree with them. When we agree with them we think they liberate and empower us (and, therefore. they do.) 

Religions, including christianity, don't absolve us from  personal responsibility/accountability.  If anything, the y make us more accountable for our thoughts and behaviours. Even  an atheist must construct an alternative (non religious)  set of values and moralities, and the self discipline to live by them. Personally, I like humanism, which was the ethical base of my parents. 

12 hours ago, razman said:

So its either A.-- There aint no god , or B. God never done nothin

Alternative C

"God" is real, but he/it chooses his/its actions (and when not to act,)   just like a human does. :)  

god/ gods do not exist therefore (IN MY OPINION)  god is not the route of all evil, the belief in god/ gods is

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

We all construct our own world views No one can force one upon us,

so why do you keep trying?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

so why do you keep trying?

Because I am lucky to live an almost "perfect " life.

There isn't a secret to this. it comes from  constructing a certain mindset and then living through slef discipline by my ethical and moral values 

while no one is forced to follow and live a similar life filled with happiness, and joy, and empowerment, it would be selfish sh of me not to explain that it is available to anyone.

In basic terms its like the warnings/ advice not to smoke, use too much alcohol, over eat, break the law.   or do drugs.

23 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

There isn't a secret to this. it comes from  constructing a certain mindset and then living through slef discipline by my ethical and moral values 

while no one is forced to follow and live a similar life filled with happiness, and joy, and empowerment, it would be selfish sh of me not to explain that it is available to anyone.

In basic terms its like the warnings/ advice not to smoke, use too much alcohol, over eat, break the law.   or do drugs.

are you admitting to forcing your views on others? Your many posts in this place suggest to me you are:

33 thousand+ posts kinda backs me up on this? Does it not? I don't know- what do you think?!

Edited by Dejarma
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

prove it.. Of course, you can't so it's nothing more than words with no substance.. Anyone can say anything in this format- why would something you say in here mean something to me or anyone else?

How do you perceive it? I'm interested

• Like 1