Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Mothman documentary arrives on Oct 20th


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Finally, I love Mothman Documentaries and Book, etc.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

This case has pretty much been solved as best as it can be. 

And what is the 'final' solution?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Do we need another one? This case has pretty much been solved as best as it can be. 

Yes I am curious, what is the answer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

misidentified wildlife and rampant uncontrolled speculation and storytelling....

:hmm: Ya sure about that? Nobody mistakes a bird for a flying person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

You would be surprised....

Talking about the 2nd (and most popular) Mothman sighting, they were just driving around at night. I have driven around a lot at night and I never mistook a bird for a flying person, or anything like that.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chronus said:

Talking about the 2nd (and most popular) Mothman sighting, they were just driving around at night. I have driven around a lot at night and I never mistook a bird for a flying person, or anything like that.

But only because it hasn't happened to you personally (yet) doesn't mean somebody else might not make that mistake. It's not quite the same, but I know I have mistaken a house cat for a leopard once when I was walking alone at night.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

But only because it hasn't happened to you personally (yet) doesn't mean somebody else might not make that mistake. It's not quite the same, but I know I have mistaken a house cat for a leopard once when I was walking alone at night.

last night I mistook my sons outfit on a hangar for a baby levitating next to my fireplace for a moment...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

last night I mistook my sons outfit on a hangar for a baby levitating next to my fireplace for a moment...

Ha, that sounds cool.

Yeah a lot of people just underestimate how quickly such a mix up can happen. And the imperfect way memory works then just does the rest and...boom! Mothman! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

Ha, that sounds cool.

Yeah a lot of people just underestimate how quickly such a mix up can happen. And the imperfect way memory works then just does the rest and...boom! Mothman! 

Ok heres the thing, there were for people in the car. Out of the four, not one of them thought it looked like a bird?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Ok heres the thing, there were for people in the car. Out of the four, not one of them thought it looked like a bird?

Who said it was a bird? And do you know these 4 people and can vouch that the incident even happened? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Who said it was a bird? And do you know these 4 people and can vouch that the incident even happened? 

1. Obviously I don't know them.

2. Everyone says (mainly scientist\skeptics) say it was a sandhill crane.

3. I have no proof, but why does every story with a monster have to be faked (or of hallucinogenic properties)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Ok heres the thing, there were for people in the car. Out of the four, not one of them thought it looked like a bird?

There might have been suggestion at work. I.E. one of them blurted out what they believed to see and it coloured the perception of the other three. Or maybe they just agreed on a cool story?

Or they just saw something they couldn't immediately identify due to factors such as angle or lack of light and afterwards they talked about the "weird thing" and again suggestion was at work and the Mothman was born.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

1. Obviously I don't know them.

2. Everyone says (mainly scientist\skeptics) say it was a sandhill crane.

3. I have no proof, but why does every story with a monster have to be faked (or of hallucinogenic properties)

Because we have never found ANY evidence of monsters actually existing. Like...a corpse. A bone. a fossil. A non faked video. nothing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Because we have never found ANY evidence of monsters actually existing. Like...a corpse. A bone. a fossil. A non faked video. nothing. 

1. The lack of evidence doesn't mean there is a lack of specimens.

 

Also he mainly focuses on bigfoot, but can you watch a few videos from a channel called 'ThinkerThunker'

 

I want to see what you think of them, especially the 'greatest race one (it has a bigger titlr but I forgot it)

Edited by Chronus
Title*
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

last night I mistook my sons outfit on a hangar for a baby levitating next to my fireplace for a moment...

And would that be out of place at your home :lol: 

It happens all the time here and we don't have any kids 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Chronus said:

3. I have no proof, but why does every story with a monster have to be faked (or of hallucinogenic properties)

Extraordinary claims (such as the existence of a Mothman) require exceptionally good evidence. Yet we never get any, only hearsay and blurry pictures. No body, no remains, no nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Extraordinary claims (such as the existence of a Mothman) require exceptionally good evidence. Yet we never get any, only hearsay and blurry pictures. No body, no remains, no nothing.

I have theories why but I probably shouldn't say

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chronus said:

I have theories why but I probably shouldn't say

 

Is it because they are "from another dimension" or is "the Government"(tm) hiding all the evidence?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Extraordinary claims (such as the existence of a Mothman) require exceptionally good evidence. Yet we never get any, only hearsay and blurry pictures. No body, no remains, no nothing.

With mothman we don't even have blurry picturues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Is it because they are "from another dimension" or is "the Government"(tm) hiding all the evidence?

I don't think the government had anything to do with it. But I do know there was an uprise in MIB and UFO encounters in West Virginia while the Mothman phenomena was happening. I don't think it's a natural animal

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chronus said:

1. The lack of evidence doesn't mean there is a lack of specimens.

 

Also he mainly focuses on bigfoot, but can you watch a few videos from a channel called 'ThinkerThunker'

 

I want to see what you think of them, especially the 'greatest race one (it has a bigger titlr but I forgot it)

I watched a few of the videos...and did a search for the one you suggested but couldn't find it. 

He seems like a true believer who analyses videos but lets his want for things to be real outshine the more likely/mundane explanation of things. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.