Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Mothman documentary arrives on Oct 20th

UM-Bot

Finally, I love Mothman Documentaries and Book, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

This case has pretty much been solved as best as it can be. 

And what is the 'final' solution?

14 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Do we need another one? This case has pretty much been solved as best as it can be. 

Yes I am curious, what is the answer?

18 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

misidentified wildlife and rampant uncontrolled speculation and storytelling....

:hmm: Ya sure about that? Nobody mistakes a bird for a flying person.

15 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

You would be surprised....

Talking about the 2nd (and most popular) Mothman sighting, they were just driving around at night. I have driven around a lot at night and I never mistook a bird for a flying person, or anything like that.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chronus said:

Talking about the 2nd (and most popular) Mothman sighting, they were just driving around at night. I have driven around a lot at night and I never mistook a bird for a flying person, or anything like that.

But only because it hasn't happened to you personally (yet) doesn't mean somebody else might not make that mistake. It's not quite the same, but I know I have mistaken a house cat for a leopard once when I was walking alone at night.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

But only because it hasn't happened to you personally (yet) doesn't mean somebody else might not make that mistake. It's not quite the same, but I know I have mistaken a house cat for a leopard once when I was walking alone at night.

last night I mistook my sons outfit on a hangar for a baby levitating next to my fireplace for a moment...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

last night I mistook my sons outfit on a hangar for a baby levitating next to my fireplace for a moment...

Ha, that sounds cool.

Yeah a lot of people just underestimate how quickly such a mix up can happen. And the imperfect way memory works then just does the rest and...boom! Mothman! 

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

Ha, that sounds cool.

Yeah a lot of people just underestimate how quickly such a mix up can happen. And the imperfect way memory works then just does the rest and...boom! Mothman! 

Ok heres the thing, there were for people in the car. Out of the four, not one of them thought it looked like a bird?

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Ok heres the thing, there were for people in the car. Out of the four, not one of them thought it looked like a bird?

Who said it was a bird? And do you know these 4 people and can vouch that the incident even happened? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Who said it was a bird? And do you know these 4 people and can vouch that the incident even happened? 

1. Obviously I don't know them.

2. Everyone says (mainly scientist\skeptics) say it was a sandhill crane.

3. I have no proof, but why does every story with a monster have to be faked (or of hallucinogenic properties)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chronus said:

There might have been suggestion at work. I.E. one of them blurted out what they believed to see and it coloured the perception of the other three. Or maybe they just agreed on a cool story?

Or they just saw something they couldn't immediately identify due to factors such as angle or lack of light and afterwards they talked about the "weird thing" and again suggestion was at work and the Mothman was born.

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

1. Obviously I don't know them.

2. Everyone says (mainly scientist\skeptics) say it was a sandhill crane.

3. I have no proof, but why does every story with a monster have to be faked (or of hallucinogenic properties)

Because we have never found ANY evidence of monsters actually existing. Like...a corpse. A bone. a fossil. A non faked video. nothing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Because we have never found ANY evidence of monsters actually existing. Like...a corpse. A bone. a fossil. A non faked video. nothing. 

1. The lack of evidence doesn't mean there is a lack of specimens.

Also he mainly focuses on bigfoot, but can you watch a few videos from a channel called 'ThinkerThunker'

I want to see what you think of them, especially the 'greatest race one (it has a bigger titlr but I forgot it)

Edited by Chronus
Title*
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

And would that be out of place at your home :lol: 

It happens all the time here and we don't have any kids 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Extraordinary claims (such as the existence of a Mothman) require exceptionally good evidence. Yet we never get any, only hearsay and blurry pictures. No body, no remains, no nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Extraordinary claims (such as the existence of a Mothman) require exceptionally good evidence. Yet we never get any, only hearsay and blurry pictures. No body, no remains, no nothing.

I have theories why but I probably shouldn't say

1 minute ago, Chronus said:

I have theories why but I probably shouldn't say

Is it because they are "from another dimension" or is "the Government"(tm) hiding all the evidence?

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

With mothman we don't even have blurry picturues.

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Is it because they are "from another dimension" or is "the Government"(tm) hiding all the evidence?

I don't think the government had anything to do with it. But I do know there was an uprise in MIB and UFO encounters in West Virginia while the Mothman phenomena was happening. I don't think it's a natural animal

2 hours ago, Chronus said:

1. The lack of evidence doesn't mean there is a lack of specimens.

Also he mainly focuses on bigfoot, but can you watch a few videos from a channel called 'ThinkerThunker'

I want to see what you think of them, especially the 'greatest race one (it has a bigger titlr but I forgot it)

I watched a few of the videos...and did a search for the one you suggested but couldn't find it. 

He seems like a true believer who analyses videos but lets his want for things to be real outshine the more likely/mundane explanation of things. 

• Like 1