Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Desertrat56

How is your area doing now?

Recommended Posts

Desertrat56

On July 20 New Mexico had the most cases ever, 472, then the number dropped to below 200.  October 5th the numbers tested positive in one day shot up to 453, the on the 7th down to 211 and yesterday, October 15th the highest ever, 672 positive tests in one day.  

I know that the predictions early on were that based on the population our state would have a lot more cases, it has never hit the expected numbers but still, this is concerning.

In Arizona on June 29th they had 5469 positive cases, crazy high, most in Maricopa county, Pima county and Yuma county.  October 12 they had 711 new cases and October 13 393 new case in the whole state.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Matt221

We're just about to go up to tier two .................thank you Boris

Edited by Matt221
??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

On July 20 New Mexico had the most cases ever, 472, then the number dropped to below 200.  October 5th the numbers tested positive in one day shot up to 453, the on the 7th down to 211 and yesterday, October 15th the highest ever, 672 positive tests in one day.  

I know that the predictions early on were that based on the population our state would have a lot more cases, it has never hit the expected numbers but still, this is concerning.

In Arizona on June 29th they had 5469 positive cases, crazy high, most in Maricopa county, Pima county and Yuma county.  October 12 they had 711 new cases and October 13 393 new case in the whole state.  

Hi Desertrat

Here in my city it doesn't seem so bad for the most part however I am not sure how to take their stats. The province as of yesterday that they have completed 1,583,918 tests but show that there have been 1,159,465 people tested so not really sure what the other tests completed were on?

jmccr8

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Desertrat

Here in my city it doesn't seem so bad for the most part however I am not sure how to take their stats. The province as of yesterday that they have completed 1,583,918 tests but show that there have been 1,159,465 people tested so not really sure what the other tests completed were on?

jmccr8

Does your health department website have a break down?  New Mexico, Arizona & Delaware health departments have a daily breakdown graph with. number of positive tests per day.  Delaware is a very small state and has less than a million population and their numbers have been very low through out.  The most recent day was 111, which was higher than any day in the last two months.  I look at those 3 states because that is where my relatives live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Does your health department website have a break down?  New Mexico, Arizona & Delaware health departments have a daily breakdown graph with. number of positive tests per day.  Delaware is a very small state and has less than a million population and their numbers have been very low through out.  The most recent day was 111, which was higher than any day in the last two months.  I look at those 3 states because that is where my relatives live.

Hi Desertrat

Yes we do and that was what I took the numbers from. To be honest because I have limited contact with people I don't check more than a couple times a week and seldom listen to the news or radio. I wear a mask and have sanitizer in my vehicle and at the kitchen sink and most of the businesses that I frequent have sanitizer at the entrance doors so I do worry to much about getting anything.

jmccr8

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Ours is going up again but things are still opened. They did lock down a local nursing home because they had 3 positive tests in the 2 weeks. It's a county home and testing is done randomly every 2 weeks. They just opened to visitors and volunteers a month ago. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
12 minutes ago, susieice said:

Ours is going up again but things are still opened. They did lock down a local nursing home because they had 3 positive tests in the 2 weeks. It's a county home and testing is done randomly every 2 weeks. They just opened to visitors and volunteers a month ago. 

Nothing has changed for us since July.  I think bars are closed and pubs that serve food are allowed to be open but only with limited numbers of customers like restaurants.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel

Pretty well, with all things being considered.

We currently only have four active cases in the province.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Here in central Scotland it's no pubs, no parties, no visiting kin.

  • 1,196 new cases of COVID-19 reported; this is 16.9%* of newly tested individuals
  • 9 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 58 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 629 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 21,057 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

Scot Gov

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss

Does anybody else know there hospital data? Does your state or country provide that?

Currently in my state we have around 600 in the hospital from Covid-19 and 106 of those on ventilators. We lost 7 yesterday off the ventilators. We've had a total  of 6,199 hospitalized and 760 on ventilators so far.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill

The county in Iowa where I live is somewhat isolated. Only one fatality in 125 reported cases, in a population of 5,500 people. 
I drove by a popular restaurant recently and saw the lunchtime crowd is back to normal, but several other businesses were closed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
22 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Does anybody else know there hospital data? Does your state or country provide that?

Currently in my state we have around 600 in the hospital from Covid-19 and 106 of those on ventilators. We lost 7 yesterday off the ventilators. We've had a total  of 6,199 hospitalized and 760 on ventilators so far.

Today we currently have 150 in the hospital from Covid 19.  No data on how many are on respirators.  We have 6 hospitals in the city and about 5 smaller hospitals  in the state.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Katniss
2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Today we currently have 150 in the hospital from Covid 19.  No data on how many are on respirators.  We have 6 hospitals in the city and about 5 smaller hospitals  in the state.  

That's about what it was for us during the summer, varying from 100 to 150, but now it's picked up immensely in the last month and a half. We knew it would when fall came.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, Katniss said:

That's about what it was for us during the summer, varying from 100 to 150, but now it's picked up immensely in the last month and a half. We knew it would when fall came.

our numbers were triple that in April but have declined (hospitalizations) since then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

Thanks to the students returning to the universities, I now live in the region's №1 coronavirus hotspot.

My local NHS Hospital Trust has over 200 Covid patients, and (due to depleted staffing levels) the ICU's are effectively full.

:(

The resurgence of the virus was all so predictable --- unless you're the Prime Minister, it seems.

 

Edited by acute
tabulation
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

Today there are 819 new cases in New Mexico!  That is almost double the highest number we had before September.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Oregon is hitting roughly the same number of cases as New Mexico, we are nearing 40,000   New cases are not growing as rapidly as some states, about 400 today.  

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nativechick1989

After fairly managing to stay safe for all these months...within the last month my area was hit with an outbreak. Extended shut down/stay at home orders until the 25th, then our leaders (medical & politicians) will re-evaluate. The numbers are spiking toward 400. All started with a gathering; which I was told started with an outsider coming in for a funeral.

But we're also being hit with a winter advisory snow storm, so that should keep people at home, and stop the spread. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Pennsylvania is going up again. Not in my immediate area though. Reporting the second highest daily increase since April. I'm Lehigh Valley.

https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nws-pa-coronavirus-second-highest-count-20201017-6opfckvosnee7h3ldv26eeuvue-story.htmlCases

Total
image.png.ac4c784c1b5cde5ecf73226fd709f57b.png
United States
Pennsylvania
 
 
Cases
186K
+1,683
Deaths
8,535
+28
 
Edited by susieice
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.