Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

23 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Rojack is copying from a book he owns, and typing till his fingers are blue.

He's somehow impressed by the ideas expressed in that book, and can't understand why none of us are too.

He's maybe not able to understand what we all bring up against whatever hé brings up.

It is good for those who are addicted to Ipsedixitism to read other material - such as:

Peter W. Sinnema, “10 April 1818: John Cleves Symmes’s ‘No. 1 Circular'”

https://www.branchcollective.org/?ps_articles=peter-w-sinnema-10-april-1818-john-cleves-symmess-no-1-circular

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

It is good for those who are addicted to Ipsedixitism

Had to google that one:

"ipsedixitism, a dogmatic assertion of a 'fact' without giving any supporting evidence. (From the Latin for 'he said it', translated from a Greek expression used by disciples of Pythagoras to justify any argument they chose.)"

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Rojack is copying from a book he owns, and typing till his fingers are blue.  He's somehow impressed by the ideas expressed in that book, and can't understand why none of us are too.  He's maybe not able to understand what we all bring up against whatever he brings up.

Don't judge him so harshly until you come up with your own crackpot theory about Atlantis.  And it's not his fault he makes occasional mistakes when copying out: there's no e-version of the Ladybird Guide to Atlantis.

Has anyone else noticed the incredible similarities between Pluto’s account of Atlantis and the documentary Gilgamesh by a Kkadian writer?  Well, I say ‘writer’, but it’s really just marks in clay with a stick so not proper writing like we have now.  Anyway here’s what I’ve discovered:

• Both stories are WELL OLD.  Older than Joe Biden and the Queen added together.
  • Both are written about PEOPLE who lived A LONG TIME AGO.
  • Both feature a CITY with BIG WALLS and TREES and OTHER STUFF.
  • Both are set before or after a GREAT FLOOD.

It’s true!  It’s all there on the internet!

But wait – there’s something even less dubious!  If you look up the word ‘Gilgamesh’ on Google you see Picture1Gilgamesh.jpg.cb75b5b2dced3bdb5e1798ffc08b0aa6.jpg which honestly could mean anything.  Sumerian was, like, dead hard; even Einstein probably couldn’t do it and he was smarter than PapaG and could do physics and count and all the other stuff in German. 

So maybe the scholars got it wrong, and it really says Gilg-Atlantis?  Think about it – Gilg could be a completely different word like ‘City of’ or ‘King of’ and then you’ve got something like ‘King of Atlantis’!  Or maybe ‘City of Atlantis’.  It’s so obvious it’s obvious!

And before you scoff and say ‘but Amesh doesn’t sound much like Atlantis’ I’ve got three things to say to that:

1. One: actually it does, a bit, if you allow for some consonantal drift.  And add the ‘t’s.  And an ‘n’.
  2. b) who really knows how they pronounced words?  I mean, they couldn’t write proper, so maybe they talked funny too, like Scousers?  They might have had all sorts of speech impedicures that would make these words sound the same.
  3. 3) so there.

I am really pleased so many of you agree with this theory because it’s the first time I’ve proved Atlantis was in Babylon.  I shall add it to my other incredible discoveries; when I reach 100 Atlantises I plan to map them and see if they lie on ley lines or major shipping lanes or something else profound.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

Had to google that one:

"ipsedixitism, a dogmatic assertion of a 'fact' without giving any supporting evidence. (From the Latin for 'he said it', translated from a Greek expression used by disciples of Pythagoras to justify any argument they chose.)"

Yeah used to describes those who believe something because someone else wrote it down. Evidence be damned! lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

Yeah used to describes those who believe something because someone else wrote it down. Evidence be damned! lol

An affliction that affects woo addicts all the same.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

There are no gods and nothing after death, some write. There are lots of souls who believed what others wrote, and damned be the evidence.

Doomed souls in the Underworld

damned souls.jpg

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Don't judge him so harshly until you come up with your own crackpot theory about Atlantis.  And it's not his fault he makes occasional mistakes when copying out: there's no e-version of the Ladybird Guide to Atlantis.

Has anyone else noticed the incredible similarities between Pluto’s account of Atlantis and the documentary Gilgamesh by a Kkadian writer?  Well, I say ‘writer’, but it’s really just marks in clay with a stick so not proper writing like we have now.  Anyway here’s what I’ve discovered:

• Both stories are WELL OLD.  Older than Joe Biden and the Queen added together.
  • Both are written about PEOPLE who lived A LONG TIME AGO.
  • Both feature a CITY with BIG WALLS and TREES and OTHER STUFF.
  • Both are set before or after a GREAT FLOOD.

It’s true!  It’s all there on the internet!

But wait – there’s something even less dubious!  If you look up the word ‘Gilgamesh’ on Google you see Picture1Gilgamesh.jpg.cb75b5b2dced3bdb5e1798ffc08b0aa6.jpg which honestly could mean anything.  Sumerian was, like, dead hard; even Einstein probably couldn’t do it and he was smarter than PapaG and could do physics and count and all the other stuff in German. 

So maybe the scholars got it wrong, and it really says Gilg-Atlantis?  Think about it – Gilg could be a completely different word like ‘City of’ or ‘King of’ and then you’ve got something like ‘King of Atlantis’!  Or maybe ‘City of Atlantis’.  It’s so obvious it’s obvious!

And before you scoff and say ‘but Amesh doesn’t sound much like Atlantis’ I’ve got three things to say to that:

1. One: actually it does, a bit, if you allow for some consonantal drift.  And add the ‘t’s.  And an ‘n’.
  2. b) who really knows how they pronounced words?  I mean, they couldn’t write proper, so maybe they talked funny too, like Scousers?  They might have had all sorts of speech impedicures that would make these words sound the same.
  3. 3) so there.

I am really pleased so many of you agree with this theory because it’s the first time I’ve proved Atlantis was in Babylon.  I shall add it to my other incredible discoveries; when I reach 100 Atlantises I plan to map them and see if they lie on ley lines or major shipping lanes or something else profound.

See? Searching for Atlantis can be fun, and a worthy past time. Bullets and indentations look good..a professional presentation, which must have taken some time. And if you make a slight change, I believe that you are close to our target. Position the adjective, New, in front of Babylon, use the present tense, is, in place of past tense, was. Then, eliminate the proposition, in, altogether, because Atlantis is too big to fit into old Babylon. Your modifications should look something like this.  Atlantis is New Babylon. Babylon the Great. God went to AA and no longer has wine in his cup, just water.

And there were flashes of lightning, and rumblings, and peals of thunder, and a great earthquake the likes of which had not occurred since men were upon the earth—so mighty was the great quake. 19 The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. And God remembered Babylon the great and gave her the cup of the wine of the fury of His wrath. 20Then every island fled, and no mountain could be found.…

After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!  For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

Such was the vast power which the god settled in the lost island of Atlantis; and this he afterwards directed against our land for the following reasons, as tradition tells: For many generations, as long as the divine nature lasted in them, they were obedient to the laws, and well-affectioned towards the god, whose seed they were; for they possessed true and in every way great spirits, uniting gentleness with wisdom in the various chances of life, and in their intercourse with one another. They despised everything but virtue, caring little for their present state of life, and thinking lightly of the possession of gold and other property, which seemed only a burden to them; neither were they intoxicated by luxury; nor did wealth deprive them of their self-control; but they were sober, and saw clearly that all these goods are increased by virtue and friendship with one another, whereas by too great regard and respect for them, they are lost and friendship with them. By such reflections and by the continuance in them of a divine nature, the qualities which we have described grew and increased among them; but when the divine portion began to fade away, and became diluted too often and too much with the mortal admixture, and the human nature got the upper hand, they then, being unable to bear their fortune, behaved unseemly, and to him who had an eye to see grew visibly debased, for they were losing the fairest of their precious gifts; but to those who had no eye to see the true happiness, they appeared glorious and blessed at the very time when they were full of avarice and unrighteous power. Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows..... And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen in the deep blue sea.

21 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

See? Searching for Atlantis can be fun, and a worthy past time. Bullets and indentations look good..a professional presentation, which must have taken some time. And if you make a slight change, I believe that you are close to our target. Position the adjective, New, in front of Babylon, use the present tense, is, in place of past tense, was. Then, eliminate the proposition, in, altogether, because Atlantis is too big to fit into old Babylon. Your modifications should look something like this.  Atlantis is New Babylon. Babylon the Great. God went to AA and no longer has wine in his cup, just water.

:lol:

Everyone's a critic even you.:lol:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

:lol:

Everyone's a critic even you.:lol:

I believe that the full wits use the term, critical thinking.Constructive criticism is all it was, sentence wise, if you know the story well, and pay attention to the details, as I do.

full beard.jpeg

• Haha 1

Regarding the Atlantis Waterways

Phelon: Not only were these waters used for irrigation, but through a system of locks at the port, galleys are raised and lowered into the grand canal, where they both receive and distribute cargoes of all kinds of products in the interests of commerce. This (belt) of country that reached to the seacoast, but not on a level with it, had also been smoothed and paved, so that there was no obstruction to the eye, until it rested on the far-off horizon (The Florida Plain is smooth and level and was about 100 feet above sea-level during the time of Atlantis. This explains why the canals were 100 feet deep).

"In the center of the plain and the center of the city (Tampa) are the royal palaces, and these are protected by three immense canals, which are built entirely around them, with two intervening zones of land. These canals are connected with the Great Sea (bay) by another canal 300 feet wide and 100 feet deep and six miles long to connect with the port.

Note: Visit the city of Atlantis, Tampa:

https://goo.gl/maps/2X1XzwoXBEq

Phelon: It is hardly necessary to mention that the population of this plain and the mountains is many millions. Never will there be so many people gathered in the same place at the same time, so say our prophets and Magi.

34 minutes ago, Rojack said:

so say our prophets and Magi.

Wait a minute: "Magi"? "Our"?

Where is this coming from, Rojack?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Had to google that one:

Thank you for the information, this saves me from going on google...again :D

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Wait a minute: "Magi"? "Our"?

Where is this coming from, Rojack?

Magi (/ˈm/; singular magus /ˈmɡəs/; from Latin magus) were priests in Zoroastrianism and the earlier religions of the western Iranians. The earliest known use of the word magi is in the trilingual inscription written by Darius the Great, known as the Behistun Inscription. Old Persian texts, predating the Hellenistic period, refer to a magus as a Zurvanic, and presumably Zoroastrian, priest.

Pervasive throughout the Eastern Mediterranean and Western Asia until late antiquity and beyond, mágos was influenced by (and eventually displaced) Greek goēs (γόης), the older word for a practitioner of magic, to include astronomy/astrology, alchemy and other forms of esoteric knowledge. This association was in turn the product of the Hellenistic fascination for (Pseudo-)Zoroaster, who was perceived by the Greeks to be the Chaldean founder of the Magi and inventor of both astrology and magic, a meaning that still survives in the modern-day words "magic" and "magician".

In the Gospel of Matthew, "μάγοι" (magoi) from the east do homage to the newborn Jesus, and the transliterated plural "magi" entered English from Latin in this context around 1200 (this particular use is also commonly rendered in English as "kings" and more often in recent times as "wise men").[1] The singular "magus" appears considerably later, when it was borrowed from Old French in the late 14th century with the meaning magician.

Hereditary Zoroastrian priesthood has survived in India[2][3] and Iran. They are termed Herbad, Mobad (Magupat, i.e. chief of the Maga) and Dastur depending on the rank.

• Thanks 1

I know who the Magi are, Wolvenberg, but what is the connection between Rojack's Atlantis = Florida story and these Magi?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I know who the Magi are, Wolvenberg, but what is the connection between Rojack's Atlantis = Florida story and these Magi?

Do you need someone to constantly spoon-feed you? The connection? It's an imaginary connection through imaginary canals he imagines in his imaginative find. He's fishing, and we're biting the bait. Don't get hooked. It's time to put up the Christmas decorations, and before we know it, there will be a whole slew of images of magi all over the Florida plain. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

He's fishing, and we're biting the bait. Don't get hooked.

No, I think he's just 'singing his song', and will not allow to be interrupted by mere criticism.

The Great Plaza and Grand Temple

In the northeastern part of the Continent was a group of rocky mountains (near the grand city). These rocks reached far down beneath the ordinary level of the soil. They seem to have been buttressed up, apparently from the very center of the earth itself, but that it was not so, appeared by the future events (the destruction of Atlantis). But in any event they were strong enough to hold tons upon tons of piled up rock in whatever shape it might appear.

So, first the rocks were cut down to a level, and a huge plaza was thus cleared from east to west, in such a fashion that both the rising and the setting sun could be seen from any part there of. Also, the North Star and the Southern Cross, each low in the heavens could be seen by anyone standing upon the Plaza. The human view was unobstructed from horizon to horizon, so far as the power of the eye could penetrate. This plaza was ample enough to hold in its confines every single member of the Atlantean nation at one time. It was many acres in extent. It is wonderful how many people can stand on one acre, if they are only harmonious.

Note: See the grand Plaza of Atlantis and the Grand Temple. They are now Teotihuacan and the Pyramid of the sun. Use the link below.

Phelon: This great plaza was necessary for the Convocations, and the yearly ceremonies when all the people went up to the (grand) Temple to receive guidance and instruction for the coming year. This Convocation was always at the time of the Vernal Equinox when renewed impetus comes both to the vegetable and the animal.

Note: Visit the Great Plaza near Mexico City. Use the keyword “Teotihuacan.” Try this image link: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/SSA41434.JPG, Notice the great Plaza.

So, Teotihuacan and the Pyramid of the Sun used to be in the "northeastern part of the continent". 

Sure you're not confusing Mexico City with Montreal?  :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Essan said:

So, Teotihuacan and the Pyramid of the Sun used to be in the "northeastern part of the continent". 

You just reminded me of a certain person who though Greenland could move around. :( You should be ashamed of yourself. :angry:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Well, they both start with the letter -M-?

That alone should give you a clue.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Abramelin said:

No, I think he's just 'singing his song', and will not allow to be interrupted by mere criticism.

Criticism make poor brake pads. Reason, facts, and logic make better braking material, but on certain models it's totally optional. I have come to know many atlantologists, and their thesis and hypothesis, if we seriously refer to them as such. There are some real wild ones out there, and some few that make some sense, although none of them have been fully satisfactory in meeting all of Plato's descriptions. But it's easy to see which ones are serious and which ones are not. Some people love to muse, and entertain themselves with such silly material. Knowing that their crackpot ideas are just that, they want to see if they can find kindred minds to welcome, or reject all the cracks and holes in their proposals.

And if Rojack is seriously presenting it, then, the likely explanation is that he is one of those that can easily fool themselves. In this case there is no fishing going on, and we need to thank Rojack for entertaining us so amusingly.  If the song remains the same, it's nonsense.

However, in this age of Q anon there are many who are highly susceptible to believing someones else's nonsense. But most of all, these, are already capable of fooling themselves without any outside help.  

Have you heard that, "there is nothing worse than self-deception–when the deceiver is always at home and always with you."

In case I'm again asked if I see any irony with all I'm saying here, let me assure you, and the one who asked me previously, in Plato's words, that I have long been wondering at my own wisdom; I cannot trust myself. And I think that I ought to stop and ask myself What am I saying? it is quite terrible, and therefore I ought often to retrace my steps and endeavor to ’look fore and aft,’ in Plato's words to find the irony, or find his Atlantis to be sure there is none, and therefore clear myself of the suggested charge of hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You just reminded me of a certain person who though Greenland could move around. :( You should be ashamed of yourself. :angry:

Stop it. 

You know how this works. You want him to show up — and all the attendant whining and footstomping thar entails?!

—Jaylemurph

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Criticism make poor brake pads. Reason, facts, and logic make better braking material, but on certain models it's totally optional. I have come to know many atlantologists, and their thesis and hypothesis, if we seriously refer to them as such. There are some real wild ones out there, and some few that make some sense, although none of them have been fully satisfactory in meeting all of Plato's descriptions. But it's easy to see which ones are serious and which ones are not. Some people love to muse, and entertain themselves with such silly material. Knowing that their crackpot ideas are just that, they want to see if they can find kindred minds to welcome, or reject all the cracks and holes in their proposals.

And if Rojack is seriously presenting it, then, the likely explanation is that he is one of those that can easily fool themselves. In this case there is no fishing going on, and we need to thank Rojack for entertaining us so amusingly.  If the song remains the same, it's nonsense.

However, in this age of Q anon there are many who are highly susceptible to believing someones else's nonsense. But most of all, these, are already capable of fooling themselves without any outside help.  

Have you heard that, "there is nothing worse than self-deception–when the deceiver is always at home and always with you."

In case I'm again asked if I see any irony with all I'm saying here, let me assure you, and the one who asked me previously, in Plato's words, that I have long been wondering at my own wisdom; I cannot trust myself. And I think that I ought to stop and ask myself What am I saying? it is quite terrible, and therefore I ought often to retrace my steps and endeavor to ’look fore and aft,’ in Plato's words to find the irony, or find his Atlantis to be sure there is none, and therefore clear myself of the suggested charge of hypocrisy.

Have you ever considered a job as a politician?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Stop it. 

You know how this works. You want him to show up — and all the attendant whining and footstomping thar entails?!

—Jaylemurph

Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

Mario Dan.......

:innocent:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

Mario Dan.......

:innocent:

Didn't he change his name to something else?

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked