Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Atlantis Explained!

Rojack

19 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Is Sri Lanka in front of the Pillars of Heracles? No.

India and Sumatra. The Pillars of Heracles on the left, and on the right side of Sri Lanka.

21 minutes ago, flying squid said:

Promethean Times Questions Existence Of Sri Lanka | Promethean Times             We've Found The Lost City Of Atlantis ... Again : NPR

Cool, except one is in the Atlantic Ocean and one is in the Indian Ocean…

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, flying squid said:

India and Sumatra. The Pillars of Heracles on the left, and on the right side of Sri Lanka.

Been there, done that, not buying it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Not pedantic, apparently it just goes over your head that there’s not a shred of evidence that the Egyptians ever knew of or carved on pillars a story about Atlantis. None, zip, zilch, nada. 

cormac

It hasn’t gone over my head. We have no concrete evidence, I’ll give it that…but Herodotus says they did, so why should I deny that, because we haven’t found them yet? We only just found Gobekli Tepe.

They are mentioned pre-Plato in the vein of truth, so I don’t discount it totally, yet.

• Like 1

There is only one place where we know that a large area of inhabited land did sink beneath the sea in a "single day and night" leaving muddy shoals that would have been difficult to navigate.

It's beyond the Pillars of Hercules (though not directly outside them).

It happened ~8.2k years ago - so not quite the right time frame, but closer than for most suggestions.

And we have an ongoing thread here discussing it.

Obvious innit?  :P    

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

There is only one place where we know that a large area of inhabited land did sink beneath the sea in a "single day and night" leaving muddy shoals that would have been difficult to navigate.

It's beyond the Pillars of Hercules (though not directly outside them).

It happened ~8.2k years ago - so not quite the right time frame, but closer than for most suggestions.

And we have an ongoing thread here discussing it.

Obvious innit?  :P    

Except there is no direct archaeological evidence for Doggerland to be Atlantis. Unless they were worshipping some reindeer bones in the city.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Essan said:

There is only one place where we know that a large area of inhabited land did sink beneath the sea in a "single day and night"

The Lost Continent of Kumari Kandam :P

The Lost Continent of Kumari Kandam | Ancient Origins

3 minutes ago, flying squid said:

I can’t even….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flying squid said:

Promethean Times Questions Existence Of Sri Lanka | Promethean Times             We've Found The Lost City Of Atlantis ... Again : NPR

Great fit.... if you move it a few hundred kilometers to the south west and turns it 90 degrees.

In any event Kirchers map clearly shows that it is the Atlantic, not the Indian Ocean:

Athanasius_Kircher%27s_Atlantis.gif

Sometimes its good to show the whole thing and not just an edited version.

9 minutes ago, flying squid said:

Ah yes good old Lemuria. :no: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

It hasn’t gone over my head. We have no concrete evidence, I’ll give it that…but Herodotus says they did, so why should I deny that, because we haven’t found them yet? We only just found Gobekli Tepe.

They are mentioned pre-Plato in the vein of truth, so I don’t discount it totally, yet.

Are we back to making s*** up?  Herodotus never talked about Atlantis except the once, clearly talking about the Atlantic Ocean. 

Here's just one of many well-researched articles you might prefer to ignore:

https://www.arcus-atlantis.org.uk/atlantis/who-else-wrote-about-atlantis.html

I agree there's more out there to discover, but we need to approach things the right way round:

a) the correct method: look for stuff; find stuff; try to understand what the stuff can tell us.

b) the Handcock method: look for stuff that fits a predetermined narrative; twist anything you find to fit your narrative or (far easier) make s*** up; rant and rave at an establishment cover-up if, even with blatant lies and b-s-, nothing supports your narrative. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Are we back to making s*** up?  Herodotus never talked about Atlantis except the once, clearly talking about the Atlantic Ocean. 

I agree there's more out there to discover, but we need to approach things the right way round:

a) the correct method: look for stuff; find stuff; try to understand what the stuff can tell us.

b) the Handcock method: look for stuff that fits a predetermined narrative; twist anything you find to fit your narrative or (far easier) make s*** up; rant and rave at an establishment cover-up if, even with blatant lies and b-s-, nothing supports your narrative. 

I already know Herodotus calls it the Atlantis Sea, what am I, in kindergarten here?

Herodotus mentions the Egyptians having records that he saw, in person, wooden effergies and text, that showed the Kings of Egypt went back 11,000 years, he is quite clear in his explanations is what I actually meant, no matter how you want to twist it.

Edited by The Puzzler

8 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

My overall, eventual theory on Atlantis would make your head spin. Don’t come at me with your aggressive bull****. 

• Sad 1

The end of Plato’s work here begins with the riddle…it’s not unfinished or lost…It’s finished, this is the crux of the whole story…what did Zeus spake? Philosophy it is, to make you think, not history.

Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows-* The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.” 

6 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

The end of Plato’s work here begins with the riddle…it’s not unfinished or lost…It’s finished, this is the crux of the whole story…what did Zeus spake? Philosophy it is, to make you think, not history.

Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows-* The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.” 

This is the point in the dialogue, presumably, where the Hermocrates character will take over the narration to the Socrates character.  

Just now, atalante said:

This is the point in the dialogue, presumably, where the Hermocrates character will take over the narration to the Socrates character.  

Seemingly.

I see how it is…

Probably the same type who laughed at Noah.

C64DFCAA-605B-4AFA-ABC0-1F3DD6746618.jpeg

20 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

To reinterate…

D03FFA04-9459-4600-BC5E-A1B2D79EB3C0.jpeg

And again, in case you missed it the first time…Plato and Pythagoras followed the institutes of the Jews.

1 hour ago, flying squid said:

Oh, the renamed Lemuria huh

lemuria-continente-perdido-770x431.jpg

Omg, now you’ll have them onto Mu…

Rojack….save your energy.

Edited by The Puzzler

Atlantis is a veritable Garden of Eden, but the people take no notice of the Gods laws, they debase themselves with impiety and ignorance towards him.

Over and over this theme runs through mythology.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

I’m not even religious but it’s a strong gene…that mtDNA K. Australian model, actress and ex wife of our billionaire Kerry Packers son, James Packer, Kate Fischer, now lives alone, in poverty and calls herself Zipporah since she found out. It’s like something overcomes you and you always knew it, my daughters name is Rachel, pre having my DNA done. It’s just in the blood, especially so for women. II can see this connection I’ve stated in my posts above. so clearly. My whole answer to it all revolves around this.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked